[Suggestion] Empire Specific Repair Turrets

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ThunderSock, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ThunderSock

Repairing is so boring, I think I might give up my AV turret for something to repair faster, what do you think? Range and speed would be increased over standard repair.

TR's ESRT repair rate increases while repairing, and can activate a secondary repair that damages the turret over time. Secondary ability is highly effective with another engi to repair the damaged ESRT.

VS's ESRT can repair at a longer distance with quicker deploy, and can activate a weak offensive mode that drains the user's shield. Useful for quick ZOE MAXes and Magriders.

NC's ESRT repair rate increases closer to the target, and can activate a shield that overheats the turret more quickly while protecting the turret and the user. Useful while repairing a vehicle under fire.

Engineers probably don't need more toys, especially competing with the totally OP AV turret, but repairing is really dull.
  2. RealityWarrior

3. Gopblin

More UNKILLABLE CONSTANT-REPAIRED VEHICLES for the God of UNKILLABLE CONSTANT-REPAIRED VEHICLES!!

WASTED AMMO AND NO XP for the throne of FAIL!

Seriously, just no.
    It's already impossible to kill an MBT with most weapons if it's being repaired by just one dude, unless you have more than one dude shooting at it. If you have fast-repair turrets, base defenses and stationary vehicles would be nearly indestructible.

Best wishes,
    Daniel.
  4. Rusky

Noes, 2-3 people working together can't be killed by one lone dude.. clearly this game is going to ****...
    • Up x 1
  5. Gopblin

2-3 people repairing can't be out-DPSed by one dude now.

Heck, one dude repairing can barely be out-DPSed by one attacker (as long as he's using something hard-hitting with a large ammo pool, mind you - can't kill a repaired Sundy/MBT with a heavy, for example).

With the addition of fast-repair turrets, a dude repairing will easily out-repair the damage from a most dedicated AV attackers (bar really ******** stuff like hovering Libs spraying the nose gun, or AT mine ji had). Do I even need to explain how ******** that would be?

Considering that server pop tends to be pretty equal, making sure that turrets and defending vehicles are impossible to kill without an overwhelming numerical advantage would further bog down gameplay.

Best wishes,
    Daniel.
  6. HurpDurps

So you've got one dude shooting at another dude being repaired by a second dude. Sounds like you're short on dudes, so go find some amigos and out-dude the other dudes.
    • Up x 2
  7. Gopblin

Nope, I was talking about an empty MBT/turret being repaired by a dude that jumped out.

The enemy is getting XP, you're wasting time and ammo with no chance of scoring a kill.

Best wishes,
    Daniel.
  8. Van Dax

simple. kill the dude.
  9. Messaiga

So basically, what he is supposed to do is he has to take his dude, so he can kill that dude, so that the dude he just killed can kill a different dude, and the cycle goes on, right?
  10. Gopblin

Do we play the same game, I wonder? Dudes repairing tend to HIDE behind the thing they are repairing.

With repair buffs, things that can kill you from 500+m out become indestructible unless you can flank em and get within a 200m or so.

Best wishes,
    Daniel.
  11. Van Dax

that may or may not be how things work in an unending war.
  12. ThunderSock

I know quick-repairing probably feels unfair to non-engis, but I don't think repair turrets would make that any worse. It takes a long time for a lone tanker to jump out and drop a turret, and once they get in the turret, they're an easy shot. ESRTs would help when something is being sniped by AV weapons, or when you're stuck repairing the generators.
    Nerf dudes.