Still no Transfer Tokens

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Oct 13, 2013.

1. The Crimson Overlord

As far back as I can remember (Pre GU08) SOE promised us Transfer Tokens we could buy to move our character with all of its Cert customization glory onto a server we liked a bit more. Nearly half a dozen Game Updates later, still no Tokens. No options. If you want to play on a server that doesn't stink on ice you'll have to spend 250+ hours re-Certing EVERYTHING to bring yourself up to speed. I can't stand Briggs anymore, half the players there either don't have a clue as to what to do or can't speak English. Also the lag makes the impression that the server is made of cereal boxes glued together by chewed gum.

Higby, I think its time to put down the comb and pick up a keyboard. Please?
    • Up x 1
  2. Locke

They wont do it until the optimisation is finished and they have worked out some population controls so they dont kill populations on already low faction pop servers. I do wonder how many players have quit the game rather than just started out again from scratch. I can tell you from experience that it sucks quite a lot to throw that work away effectively if you start a main on another server.

V V V
    • Up x 2
  3. DeadliestMoon

What do you expect? Briggs is an "EU" server, not a "UK" server. Just find an outfit with people who speak the same language as you.
  4. ViXeN

What part of "We are only working on optimization right now" is so hard for everyone to understand? When they finish this then they would go back to adding content.
  5. FateJH

When they do create transfer tokens, what do you think will happen?

Let's talk about server A. Server A is overpop TR, with VS and NC, in that order, rounding out the population, generally. It has been this way for so long that various NC and VS players are tired of the losing fight. This server has a public stigma because of this situation. When transfer tokens are introduced, there is a sudden exodus from server A for breathing room, leaving the remainder NC and VS even worse off and making the server even more TR-heavy. Let's say that a good number of one faction moved to server B because they heard that it was a good server for their faction; with the influx, however, now server B is proportionately overpopulated towards that faction. The TR on A, overweight as it now is, either creates alts, which will never fill the population gap alone, or uses the transfer tokens themselves. That might solve (some of) the imbalanced population on A but, because of the efforts of one server, now a lot more servers have new population burdens to bear. Moreover, server A may become a ghost town, which may shoo away even more players from the server. Now imagine this happeneing for multiple servers, leading to concentrations of players and low populations elsewhere. Either the situation will just revert to a state similar to how it started on account of everyone moving around or the situation will degenerate from there.

If this is not handled gingerly, the possibility for catastrophe exists.
    • Up x 2
  6. tproter

In the BF4 beta, the sides are balanced. Every. Single. Time.
  7. NoctD

That doesn't excuse an absolute lie told to people months ago. The simple fact is that SOE simply lied to people a long time ago about server transfer tokens with regards to their availability, and its just inexcusable really.

Its just one of the many reasons I choose to no longer support the game financially... SOE really burned some bridges here.
  8. Lucidius134

>Complaining about no optimization then complaining about getting nothing but optimization

Just goes to show 'Flavour of the Month' viticulturists can't survive with their own unreasonable demands half the time.
  9. BlackbookPS

One day there will be BR100's on one team and the farmed on the other!

Team switching early is the key apparently.

Sardonic laugh! :D
  10. avery649

You do realize how awful the implications are if Tokens are released? I'll give you a hint, you won't be the only one leaving Briggs, and soon enough, you would end up in the same problem, minus however much SC they decide to charge.
  11. Pikachu

Server transfered should only be allowed for people with more than 1 character on gve same server, and limited those servers where your faction is underpopulated.
    • Up x 1
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

it sucks that server transfer tokens are still not available. waterson gets laggier and laggier for me, i just want to transfer my main char to europe. and i fail to see why i should start a new char after having invested so much time and money into my current one

also, i think a system that lets you choose where to play with your existing character will make pop balance actually better because people will be able to play where they want. that way, populations can even out automatically across servers. additionally, it seems the pop imbalance on some servers drives away a lot of people from the game
  13. The Crimson Overlord

That seems kind of excessive, but if it works it works. At least I hope it does, because I dropped 60+ bucks on Premium for PC.
  14. The Crimson Overlord

+1. Can't remember the last time (there wasn't one) where I saw a server pop. listed as "High."
  15. The Crimson Overlord

+1. This is the definition of logic.
  16. ViXeN

How do you know they were lying? They could have intended to add it by a certain time but then priorities changed because others things needed to be fixed first. Or maybe they had a problem with server transfers so it had to be delayed. You're just making assumptions.
  17. NoctD

Lying = not keeping your word. Higby said soon, and there's a post around somewhere that has it all recorded.

Its pathetic to say something and not keep your word. No honorable person would go back on something for this long.
  18. CEGrif

Briggs is AUS not EU
  19. ViXeN

Its a business. Sometimes you have to change your priorities when bigger problems pop up that need to be addressed. What if there was a problem with the transfer system, like a glitch that deletes your character? LOL Would you prefer it to get released NOW or wait longer? :eek:
  20. ironeddie

Define soon, In the context of game development I think soon could easily be several weeks or months.

This is the problem with the road map, people think the dates are set in stone. In reality Higby et al have gone to great pains to tell us that nothing is set in stone the whole road map is in a state of flux.