Will SOE ever have live admins?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinOjos, Oct 16, 2013.

1. SinOjos

Tonight on Connery, while playing VS, there were two players that were constantly killing teammates. They were specifically targeting anyone that got in a good position against the enemy, and were using c4 on team tanks.

Why is such allowed to go on all night by SOE?
  2. wolfva

Occasionally one will announce in the game that he is on and actively looking for rule breakers. Not often enough in my opinion. But then again, it IS a free to play game, so I wonder if they even have enough money to hire full time admins for each server? It'd be nice if the'd accept volunteers, but the dweebs who volunteered back in the old days of EQ...and then turned around and sued for pay and overtime for a job they VOLUNTEERED to do for free kind of ruined that.
  3. Liewec123

ive not seen one of those GMs since SoE announced lay offs :(
    • Up x 1
  4. Naterian

nope but it doesn't mean we can't have player moderators.
  5. Thovargh

Saw one on Sunday(I think) on Miller, but the frequency of those annoncements is very low
  6. Liquid23

kind of dumb for them to announce they are on anyway... just like saying "Hey cheaters I'm on now so flip those scripts off for a while"
    • Up x 1
  7. PutteFnask

Perhaps they need to upgrade their report system. Have more checks and if ingame stats (high number of tk's, extreme k/d and so on) corresponds with where the report is coming from, zone, then some kind of alarm bell should go off over at the administrative area at SOE. Only check this when a report is being made.

Sidenote: I remember when the GM raided the tunnel/underground market between the desert and commonlands. One of that servers GM-admins took a bunch of high level orcs and ran the whole bunch through the tunnels, he had himself taken over one of the orcs. Great times! Lots of merchants who cried rivers after it though, since some lost their gear. If you had issues you'd get a personal response from a GM or a helper within minutes.
  8. Villanuk

I must admit, I have only seen one once, seems they got rid of a lot server admin?
  9. Vandali

I saw a hunt for hackers message yesterday from the admin, so maybe it's becoming a regular thing.
  10. Aegie

I think it used to be more common for live admins earlier on- although perhaps they are starting to do that more frequently. I imagine it may be related to layoffs+optimization and we may see GMs more frequently once they are finished with the optimization focus.
  11. Liewec123

looks like, they used to be fairly regular, every day or two, but i've not seen one since the layoffs, they might just be coming on at different times when i'm not online, it just seems very coincidental!
  12. wolfva

Rereading the header...well, because it's almost Halloween time SOE will be using undead administrators. They'll be wandering around the servers looking for cheaters muttering, "Baaaannnnsss....BAAAANNNNNSSSS.....'
    • Up x 1
  13. Aoikazego

I guess SoE thinks we want more content instead of more hacker-busters. Personally I'd prefer a game that has a quick hacker response time instead of new content
  14. Bankrotas

Yeah, seen one this week on miller. Maybe two, but that's pushing it, though, I can't say we have that much obvious hacking here.

That would be brilliant :D
  15. SinOjos

Going by the above posts.

Free to Play = Layoff's. Leaving those like myself who have paid a years subscription, at the mercy of players that have invested nothing, and have nothing to lose if banned.

SOE, should start re-thinking their business strategy. It is obvious that they do not want to protect those that have paid, which will do nothing but reduce the number of players that do pay, which will only lead to the end of PS2.

Best business strategy well known to be successful, irrespective of the industry, is support your paying customers. The dot.com bubble burst clearly pointed that out, yet SOE, apparently does not have any business savvy management.

The way things are going, do not think I will ever give SOE another penny. I am not going to pay for, bad performance, questionable game play, no joystick support, and abusive players that can do what ever they want disrupting play unimpeded.