Bigger, Longer Battles. Here's how.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TehFlarg, Oct 14, 2013.

1. TehFlarg

Let me start off by saying that I realize that a sizable proportion of players don't like "BIG" battles.

For those of us that do, how about this idea as a solution.

We need more Sundies. Lots more.

We can get that by raising the XP from sundy spawn for 2-3xp to 5 or 10xp per spawn.

A well placed sundy would generate some decent xp this way.
    Players would see this as a way to get easy certs and would pull more sundies.
    Hopefully alot more.

The way I see it,

more sundies = closer spawn points = more players = bigger, longer fights.

Please discuss.

Note 1:
    At the moment you get hardly any xp from sundy spawnage. I am a subbed, member with alpha squad and I get
    4xp (Sometimes 5xp) per spawn. Thats not much. Thats 500ish spawns for same xp as a major base cap (2000xp for me). To be honest xp from sundy spawns is a tiny fraction of the xp I get from playing (not more than 5%).

Note 2:
    I know full well some players hate the idea of a never ending stream of sundies that keep a fight going that they are desperately trying to shut down. I get it. But I prefer to fight than conquer. As do alot of others.

Note 3:
    (Yes a PS1 flashback)
    PS1 got it right with AMSes (Sundies). A well placed sundy could keep a good fight going for ages (often an hour or more). And if it died there was always another one ready to take up the slack. The xp wasnt brilliant but was often around 25% of my total xp which added up nicely. Then there was the added bonus of creating a fight when maybe there wasnt one before.
    • Up x 2
  2. Liquid23

we already tried that... Sundy spawns used to give a lot more... it lead to people blowing up other friendly Sundies just so they could deploy their's...

oh the forum rage was most entertaining
  3. Hoki

4. Sen7rygun

Actual fights are great. Artificial, inflated, mandatory battles for the sake of spending lead is not great.

Also, adding more sunderers without adding more players just makes it harder for defence as attacking forces will be more spread out and coming from all angles. This leads to more spawn camping.
  5. Dingus148

Bigger, longer (harder uhuhuhu) battles you say? Make base defenses defensible, fix spawn location, move bases to high ground and fix their layouts from random assembly of structures to something resembling a thoughtful FPS design.

Now bases will actually take time, effort and brains to flip. Huzzah!
    • Up x 1
  6. ArmedGoose

We dont need more Sundies.
    What we need is that drop-poder-blows-sundie-before-even-rendering exploit to go away.
  7. Liewec123

we had a biolab alert on ceres last week and we were defending the biolab from a massive VS invasion and then TR showed up too, the fight must have been 30 mins or something, it was AMAZING.
    but i don't think SoE want us having big epic fights like that,
    just look what they did to Crown, just look what they've done to respawn locations,
    they don't want you having big long fun fights.
  8. Czuuk

We get plenty of big fights. At prime time. On Indar.

It's just a number thing. When Jaeger and Waterson first merged, there were big battles everywhere.
  9. JimRussle

What needs to happen is that they remove the nearby sunderers restriction and add in sunderer specific reinforcement banks that replenish over time.

Another good thing about it is that killing someone isn't useless because it depletes the reinforcement bank they respawn at.