[KOTV] vs [INI] on NEXUS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yamiks, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Yamiks

• Up x 1
  2. tenzenator

hmm who won?
  3. Ganelon

Not KOTV, that's for sure.
    • Up x 1
  4. Genetic

After watching that do you really need to ask ??
  5. Ganelon

You don't even need to watch it. If you're familiar with KotV, that is.
    • Up x 3
  6. Lazaruz

:D

You should say "spoiler alert" before posting things like that. Although if I'm honest, when I saw what the match-up was, I thought it might as well have been [ANT] vs [BOOT].

Since the video was just from one perspective and it wasn't really clear, what was the format (12vs12 / 48vs48)? Was there any particular rule set, or just a random free for all?
  7. tenzenator

dude your K/D is below to average, so don't really understand what you have against KOTV, doesn't matter who kill you?
  8. Ganelon

You're using K/D as a measure of skill, you're doing it wrong.
  9. Adridoss

*a few minutes before the event started*

"Guys, we need someone to fight these INI guys on Nexus. If you have TS and test server, come join us!"

Yeah, KOTV isn't exactly known for extreme individual competitiveness, but we get the job done by our own means. Besides, no matter how great, one squad can't win a war and when it comes to organisation of factional mobilization, these guys know their stuff.

After all, even while pretty much constantly underpop-ed, we are still one of the only 3 servers where TR get their ***** kicked. :cool:
  10. Ganelon

Not because of KotV, mind.
  11. tenzenator

ofc not, but skilled player have K/D 2+ but you? sorry but... well, you have fun, ok but stop hating one outfit like KOTV
  12. phreec

Camp more man, MLG!
    • Up x 3
  13. Shanther

I helped out DEOZ on Friday when they went up against NUC for the MLG War Report on it, and I really don't like the Nexus for a couple of reasons. The first two are bugs that create a large issue for anyone fighting on the Nexus before they fix it.

1) The map is bugged. If you want to see anything that is going on, everytime you open the map you have to toggle the map to Indar and then back to the Nexus. This is EXTREMELY annoying to deal with when you are trying to sort things out.

2) You are currently unable to pull any sort of vehicle from Hydro. This can effectively shut down any pushes you are trying to make along the southern side of the map.

On the War Report my squad dropped onto Hydro so we could pull a Sundy and head to the next base (sorry I forget names). Only to find out we were completely unable to get one. So we ran on foot to the next base with the plans to hack out a Sundy. As it turned out, the next base was under VS control (we were fighting NUC, a TR outfit. We were NC) and the terminal was destroyed. So the only way for us to get a Sundy was to pull one from the warpgate. Issue was, NUC was camping in the wapgate with Mossys and Libs. Basically the only push we were able to make was halted before we even started because the base is bugged.

Moving onto a reason that isn't bug related.

Air in this game is and will always be strong. That being said though, on both Esamir and Indar it is fairly easy to deal with air and unless you are being completely swarmed it wont completely shut you down. Amerish is mostly the same but it is a little bit harder due to the mountains. It is manageable but you can be overwhelmed easier. Move onto the Nexus though, there are good chuncks of the map that make it borderline impossible to shoot down any sort of air simply because the mountains are so easy to get behind to break line of sight. Most of the bases are completely infantry bases with a rather open area from Spawn to Point so a good Mossy and Lib are going to have a shooting gallery. Because of all the places air can use to hide from Bursters and Lock ons you need to devote more people then you normally one to try and take out any air you fight.

A good example of a base that suffers greatly from this is Nexus Omega. The area from the spawn room to the cap point is very open to Lib fire and at the same time the Lib is extremely well guarded from being shot down. All he has to do is fly back a little bit behind the spawn room. The issue arises from the fact you have greatly expose yourself to even get a shot at the Lib by heading to the roof above the cap point. For the most part there is no real effective way to deal with air on the Nexus due to base and terrain design.

As I said, air will always be good and will always have the ability to dominate. I just think air has the ability to dominate a little too well on the Nexus. When the MLG War Report comes out this week you will see how effective air really can be when you do a 48 v 48.
  14. orrk

no way KOTV could win, they did not have 2:1 odds in there favor like they do on woodman
    • Up x 3
  15. Nocturnal7x

It has begun...
  16. KenDelta

"Skilled players have a k/d of +2" ? since when ? anyone could sit there and farm k/d and certs , but people pick a more fun approach.
    Heck I could grab a vany or a prowler and just snipe people for 50BRs and get a k/d higher than your 17.8 but that would be boring as hell.

Skilled players are players that get the job done , not farm.

I'm not a KoTV fan or hater , but I'm disappointed that this nexus fight was 1 sided and they got their arses handed to em.
    • Up x 1
  17. tenzenator

i can tell you i ca clear whole tower of enemy, most time killing medics/engees. im not camping ***** in spawnroom, and that K/D is growing every day
  18. Adridoss

That's a rather ironic thing to say on a server where VS is pretty much constantly underpop-ed compared to TR.

We do not have a population lead by any stretch of the imagination, we just use our resources much more efficiently. That you let your factional pals get locked up in endless, meaningless fights on Indar while we relocate them where they're needed is not some cheating.

If your leadership actually did something outside of hoping that their single platoon can face the entiriety of a faction alone, you wouldn't always fight under 2:1 odds, while most of your faction is off trying to attack some meaningless factory that was left in VS hands from a previous alert deep within enemy territory and is now held by a bunch of pugs that so happen to like the endless stream of EXPs that their uncoordinated attacks against someone with defender's advantage provide is a problem on your side, not ours.

This applies tenfold in the case of TR, who could just mirror our ways and **** faces on both fronts at the same time on all three continents.
  19. Madcat9

It says "We FAILED" in purple letters 27 seconds into the video.
  20. Primarkka

Please understand that you need to be at least twice as good as the normal pubbie who can barely breath on his own to be considered good in outfit vs outfit play.
    Thus two kills to a death is a pretty good metric to ensure that you can hold your ground against enemies.
    If you can't hold your ground against an enemy, you're a burden.
    Being a medic requires no skill, being an engineer requires a slight amount of skill.

Funnily, unlike in the normal casual PlanetSide 2, being an infiltrator requires the most individual skill as you must headshot or you die in outfit play.

Your outfit is a bunch of individual players whose overall effectiveness is the sum of their individual skill.
    We in INI tend to require a little bit more from our applicants than "omg lol kd does not matter spm is useless stats are for nerds" kind of attitude.
    As you may expect, that pays off in such as this video, where most of our members can take on most of the enemy outfit players in 1v1 and win.

I hope that you understand that kills to death ratio is very crucial when you want to win in an organized fight.

Oh and note that mostly we win as a direct result of our training to actually follow orders.
    This leads to a local superiority which means that we don't lose as many assets as the enemy does.
    A vehicle is a force multiplier as is a MAX in doors.
    Surely you don't hate people that play MAX?