Fix the Enforcer Modified!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by deggy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sen7rygun

Either tighten its cone of fire significantly, or keep its current spread and make it fully automatic with a medium to high ROF and a 20 round magazin.
    • Up x 2
  2. deggy

What about 30x200 damage? Enough to kill several infantry (maybe even a MAX, I don't know) on a one-shot magazine. Large spread.
  3. WTSherman

Well, the reason for the high pellet count with low damage per pellet is to reduce the chance of whiffing completely. It'd be terribly disappointing if you lined up a perfect shot, and your pellets drew a neat little circle around your target! :p

Now, 30 pellets on a bell curve scatter *might* be high enough to accomplish that, I don't know. It's probably something that would have to be tuned with live-fire testing, since it'd be hard to determine just how likely it is that someone will eat at least 5/7/10/14 (stock, NW, RS, NW+RS respectively) pellets at a given range. Though a lot of it depends on what you consider a "large" spread too. The wider you make its "splash zone" (the predicted cone where most of the pellets will land), the more pellets you need to consistently fill in the middle.

Before people ask if I'm aiming at a minimum of one OHK: as a matter of fact, I am. When you make a one-shot anti-infantry weapon you've got to make that shot count, barring user error. If you don't want it to OHK, you're going to have to give it a decent magazine. Sorry, that's just how it is.

The point of the bell curve of course is to make it so that better aim gets you a more effective shot, since the pellet density will be higher as you get closer to the crosshair. A lower pellet count will make it more random, while a higher count will give you a smooth, consistent distribution. Think of it as being kind of like screen resolution.

Though obviously this needs to be weighed against performance, as calculating all those projectiles would surely be taxing, and there is a good argument in saying that a shotgun shouldn't be *too* consistent.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mustarde

/support
    • Up x 1
  5. deggy

I like your idea (and the way you analyze and support it!). I don't know how well SOE would like having to set up a bell-curve distribution for a shotgun, but we can always try.
  6. Metal Insomniac

I never specified the damage, you silly goose! :p

I think 100x100 would work for a one shot per reload. It should be devastating, yet slow.
  7. FigM

I think it needs to have 9 rounds at max upgrade
    and it needs +100 m/s projectile speed increase
  8. Fredfred

Bump FIX the Enforcer modified
    • Up x 3
  9. deggy

It's already pretty fast in terms of speed. I know its rounds move faster than the PPA's. If you increase its projectile speed, you make it better at long range, but not by enough to actually make it VIABLE at long range, so it's not really a useful upgrade unless you noticeably tighten the spread.
  10. Xale

Nope. PPA travels at 300m/s (same as M85 and faster than Halberd), while the C85 Mod is 225.
  11. nubery

Please end the ****** shotgun fettish. Our feature is having chunky damage weapons, like the gauss saw, not stupidly situational shotguns.

Could we push for a complete revamp of the NC max weapons too? Being slow reload king who can't tickle guys at the other end of a vehicle hanger isnt fun.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rothnang

I would redesign the enforcer Modified like this: It fires a relatively large projectile filled with flechettes that you can detonate mid-air by pressing the mouse button a second time.

That way it becomes a skill weapon that can be used to flush infantry out of cover by detonating it right above their heads, but you have to have good timing to do so.
    • Up x 2
  13. Flukeman62

it needs to have exploding pellets.
  14. HMR85

Bump for a Fix or Replacement to this weapon.
  15. Metal Insomniac

Bumping.

C'mon SOE, wake up!
  16. NinjaTurtle

With nuclear warheads :D
  17. Fredfred

BUMP

SOE please fix the damn enforcer modified!
  18. Metal Insomniac

Bump bump bump.
  19. Singed

How about instead of shooting pellets, it shoots shotguns...That shoot obviously.
  20. Pikachu

If they listen to this it's gonna be some tiny meaningless buff. I think so because of their change to falcon. People complained about it's velocity and projectile since GU7 and in september they decided to increase max velocity from 100 to 120, which makes no difference. If they buff c85 it's going to be something just as meaningless.