Fix 4th factioning: 1 character per server or 24 hour lock.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Liquid23

no it wouldn't... as we had all those things going on at same frequency before the option to have multiple characters on the same server was even implemented... all it would do is punish those normal people (especially the paying ones) who aren't doing anything wrong but like to experience the whole game... which is why this idea has been shot down every single time it's brought up by players and even the Devs
    • Up x 1
  2. BEAT

I assume you mean contributing. You obviously have not read my previous posts (despite my asking that you do so several times in more than one of my responses to you) or you would know that I almost always choose the faction that is the lowest population. That does not benefit the "made up out of thin air number" you came up with regarding the TR.

I acknowledge there are population disparities on some servers, and within every server there are often disparities in the population distribution on different continents. There are many factors that contribute to this. Such as time of day, outfit activity, preferences for certain continents, perceived faction imbalances, preferred colors and styles and often times some people refuse to fight on a continent where they are even slightly outnumbered because the thought of not winning is completely unpalatable to their sense of self worth. There are many other factor which are too numerous to get into here.

One of my original characters was VS on Connery. We were perpetually outnumbered and rarely owned a continent or won an alert. I played there often in spite of this. Later, when more character slots became available, I made a VS on Helios and it was in a similar situation. These servers were soon merged into Connery without my control or consent. Recently Connery has become one of the most balanced servers in terms of population and in fact the VS frequently dominate there. Despite the relatively even population, I frequently hear TR and NC moaning during alerts there about how unfair it is that the VS win so often. I would not be surprised if you were one of them.
  3. FigM

I play both VS and NC on same server, both high level BR already. I switch between them when world pop difference is more than 5% - I choose the lowest pop faction to play.

There's no reason to punish me for this
    • Up x 4
  4. Accuser

Having played the hell out of this game, I've made friends on all factions on Waterson (enemies too, lol). I usually play on TR for outfit ops, then on NC with my RL friends who love that faction (for some reason) and VS when I'm bored because they have the lowest pop.

If I were only able to play on one character per server, I'd only play TR on Waterson and I'd be pretty pissed about it.
    Note: Waterson TR is usually overpopulated, for those unaware.
    • Up x 2
  5. RobotNinja

So you're demanding SOE completely change their cash shop policy after they've already promised and implemented account-wide purchases for customers?
  6. Kyouki

Nope.png I like getting my daily certs on all my charcters.
    • Up x 2
  7. wolfva

Sheesh guys, chill with the hyperbole. NO ONE here is 'RUINING' the game. It is IMPOSSIBLE for any of us to 'ruin' the game...unless one of us is a master hacker who decides to crack into SOE's system and erase the servers or something. People are simply stating their opinion. Just because YOU may not agree with them does not mean they are RUINING anything, nor that they are idiots, stupid. worthless, etc. It just means YOU don't agree with them.
    • Up x 1
  8. BEAT

I think your signature is very appropriate for this thread.
    • Up x 1
  9. Crowne

True, but I'm guessing most of us who thought faction loyalty would be part of the game are quietly (or loudly in some cases) moving on. Waiting for experimental behavior modification is certainly intriguing and I wish them the best with it, but a greater sense of urgency considering the situation would seem appropriate.

No, they don't. It seems a lot of people like the double digit advantages though. Nothing to do with age, but I do suspect it may have something to do with maturity. With maturity comes grit, and playing a game you stand a chance of losing takes grit.

Not sure what the deal is with NUC. I know they have TIW, so it's not like they don't have representation in NC. It seems they just prefer to play the overpopulated faction.
    My understanding is that NUC considers itself the elite, along with TIW, in their organization but choosing farmville over minerals wouldn't really live up to my expectations of such an image. Seems to work for them though, and as long as they're happy, it's all good.
  10. Badname6587

TIW is like a 5th grade team taking on the NUC varsity.

The difference there is pretty big.
  11. Cab00se187

As much as I agree to locking people from the servers it won't happen because whiners rule the forums and if they can't collect their precious passive certs these forums would be worse than they already are.
  12. Regpuppy

As much as I'd love for everyone to be restricted to one faction, or even one character, it won't happen. For numerous reasons posted all over these forums. I hate repeating it, but simple fact is it's a free to play game and unless they want to go in and start banning people who make multiple accounts and start dolling out refunds. it won't work.
  13. SmokeMcCloud

Because this so called "innocent" majority isn't innocent at all and they know what they are doing and how toxic an atmosphere that creates.

Take waterson for example... whenever there is an alert of any kind NC and VS world population drop 5-10% each and the TRs world population goes up 10-15%, like clockwork.

There are people in the outfit who mysteriously log off right before an alert starts and then somehow always log back in a few minutes after the alert ends... people are starting to debate whether these people should be in the outfit at all.

I support a 1 Character per server initiative because whatever problems that would create couldn't possibly be worse then the massive overpopulation swing we have now, you want to duel your friends from the outfit, meet in the VR.
  14. HunterXCooL

15. Accuser

We lament the lack of organized, platoon-level outfits to play against on Waterson... but Das Anfall will hopefully be moving to Waterson! So with TIW (who've been a little inactive lately) we'll hopefully have some epic 3-way battles soon.

As for "why we play the overpop faction on Waterson", most of us made our characters before Totalbiscuit drew in masses of players to the TR side. Personally, I wanted to play as VS (the love of my Planetside 1 life) but went TR because all my friends had already committed to it. Now with 33 BR 100+ players, it'd be kind of inconvenient to reroll, and a lot of us have gotten used to the TR weapons after using them for hundreds of hours.

P.S.
    I don't think we consider ourselves to be "elite", but we do put a lot of effort into playing our best. There are a lot of great players on all factions on Waterson, which was really evidenced back in the days of regular TIW ops and the "Vanu Alliance". There are still plenty of great players in outfits like XOO/ZAPS on VS and PXP/SET on NC. It's just rare that those outfits field 48 players together, whereas we try to train with 48 coordinated players regularly in NUC.
  16. Being@RT

Speaking of this, what do you think about this official tweet?

https://twitter.com/planetside2/statuses/387261076494381057

On the bright side, the TR/VS #SignsYoure tweets are just as bad. Actually, on second thought.. I don't think it's a bright side that any faction is mentioned in such context.
  17. Teegeeack

It's not an absurd notion. Afraid of using default NC weapons or something? You're a joke.