Fix 4th factioning: 1 character per server or 24 hour lock.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Badname6587

2 is no where near enough, 15 minute alert warning.. you could switch for every alert still.

24 is probably too little. I think 1 week is probably more appropriate. Have the mental capacity to stick with a faction for at least a week at a time. The reason they have three factions is to create a semblance of equal battle on all sides. The players on waterson in particular have been found guilty of ruining this balance - and since we can't police ourselves to keep the game relatively even.. drastic measures need to be taken.
  2. BEAT

I have 6 characters, 2 of each faction, who most of which were originally on different servers until the merges. I enjoy the variety of the 3 factions, I don't enjoy switching characters to be on the winning side, in fact, more often than not I pick the underdog for bonus XP and I like the challenge of trying to beat overwhelming odds. (my highest BR and what you may call a "main" is NC by the way, since that seams to be important to you)

I don't play every day, but I do log into each character every day to collect the 48 passive certs per day that my membership includes. When I do play, I pick one of those characters and settle in for an entire alert or however much time I have allotted to play. You want my 5 minute daily cert collection to take 6 days or 6 weeks?
    No. Maybe it is you who should "grow a pair" and stop whining.

Am I a so called "4th factioner"?

So, because you hate losing so bad, (and don't understand what it means to have a free to play model and that people can have infinite accounts) you want to punish me and remove one of the benefits I pay for as a member. Surely you can come up with a better solution than that for your problem.
  3. Badname6587

Yes. You should only have 1 character per server. Period. Players on Waterson in particular are guilty of ruining the games balance - and since 4th factioning is ruining the game - you should be only allowed 1 character per server.

This is a game where you "pick your side - fight for your faction". Awards, XP, and resource gain are attributed to how your faction does in battle. Being able to sway the battle and punish those that play the game straight up with the faction that they are loyal to completely contradicts the mantra of faction loyalty and blows out of the water any preconception of fairness or level playing fields. Right now its basically 60% elmos and scraps of whatever else on the battle field.
  4. Badname6587

Why do you need 6 accounts. I would suggest deleting 5.. and settling on one.
  5. KAHR-Alpha

You just crossed the line here and I'm now assuming you're basically trolling.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Owleyes

I'm loyal to all 3 factions.

That being said, its 1 faction loyalty that leads people to jump on alts to blow up sundies then jumping back to reap the easy cap.

It's the 1 Faction loyalty that's ruining the game !!
    • Up x 1
  7. wolfva

My take on it is they should never have allowed people to make multiple characters on 1 server. If you want to play another faction, go to another server. However, they allowed it. Pandora's box has been opened, and it can't be shut. It's to late to change, there is no incentive for them to change it. As can plainly be seen in this thread, there are plenty of folks who not only are ok with the current system, but favor it immensely. Why would SOE spend the extra money, go through the extra effort, just to alienate those folks to make people who are already alienated feel better? Doesn't make much sense.
  8. Liquid23

I'm a polygamist so I have a problem staying true to only one
  9. Badname6587

If more people would go to the underpopulated side and we actually self-regulated our own play to keep the factions relatively close this wouldn't even be an issue... but it Is a huge issue. It obviously effects balancing in a game-breaking manner.

If you can't see the issue and recognize the need for a drastic change instead of half-measures that wont change a thing (bounties) - then I can't help you. With the 24 hour lock, you'll still be able to play your 18 other characters - just one day at a time. I'd rather see them go to 1 character per server, but Im ok with the 24 hour lock too.
  10. Flashtirade

How about no. I would like my NS weapons to be usable on all my characters, that's why I bought them.
  11. LibertyRevolution

SOE doesn't want faction loyalty.. If they did members like me wouldn't get 6 character slots...
    I'm afraid your in the minority with your faction loyalty, maybe you should make a VS or TR and just enjoy the game.
    • Up x 3
  12. BEAT

So, according to this guy, if you play Starcraft you should only ever play Zerg. If you play WOW only ever play Horde. Skyrim? Don't you dare do another play through as a mage instead of warrior and join the Stormcloaks instead of Imperials this time...

I try to enjoy the entire game, not just half of it or a third of it. If you like to limit yourself like that, fine.

Don't try to force me to do the same.
    • Up x 2
  13. Badname6587

People like you are ruining the game. There is no stable population balance. I wouldn't care if there were a stable population balance. But since people that 4th faction can not be trusted to keep a relative balance in the game.. drastic changes need to be made.
  14. Badname6587

So according to you, you should have to fight against 3 to 1 odds at all times just to satisfy the ADD subculture of people that are too lazy to switch to another server to play another faction?

And yes.. last I checked (years ago) you could only play one faction per server in WoW. That may have changed to accommodate the kids that need hugs crowd.
  15. BEAT

Please explain to me and the other forum goers here how I am ruining the game. Be specific.

You don't know me or how I play so base it off my previous posts in this thread since your statement that I am ruining the game is based only on that information.
  16. Badname6587

You are ruining the game by attributing to the large population advantages for whatever empire gets the benefit of the 4th factioning shift. 95% of the time it is the TR. Do you not acknowledge that there are large population disparities that ruin game balance and have caused thousands of people to get fed up with the game and quit?
  17. Silver Fox

Dear god this again... Higby has already said no...

Just give it up already. There are plenty of alternative solutions that DON'T punish loyal gamers (notice I said gamers... not people who refuse to play the other 2/3 of the game.)

And NO, SOE will not be doing anything about it until the optimization push is over, so calm down.

Edit: and before you say anything, all my characters were forcibly moved to Connery by SOE when they did the server merges, and no, I'm not a 4th factioner. I just like to experience the whole game.

You'd think this conversation had already taken place before.. :rolleyes:
  18. Owleyes

^^^That's pure assumption.

Your like an emo J.Edgar Hoover looking for commies. I bet your like J.Edgar in other ways too wink wink.
  19. LibertyRevolution

You are an NC on waterson, as NC on waterson you have no right to complain about pop imbalance.
    VS have less pop than NC most of the time on waterson, yet they work as a faction to overcome their population and win alerts.

If all NC would fight on 1 map, they would have even pop, but they don't work together...
    This is what happens when you join the NC faction, the faction based on rebelling..
    No one listens, no one wants to take orders, It is herding cats!

VS on waterson have beaten NC in WDS for the last 3 weeks, even though they have less pop. They are beating you again today...

NC problem on waterson isn't an underpop problem, it is a problem with NC leadership...

During alerts where continents are full, NC gets owned by both other factions..

NC losing on waterson is not a population problem.
  20. NachoFoot

I agree with this suggestion for the following reason:

While this wouldn't stop some players from creating second accounts, it would stop most. Also, it would put an end to cross-faction vehicle (Sunderer) TKing.