Here why some of the "new players" have bad experience with this game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Oct 3, 2013.

1. chilly154

Planetside brings new kind of experience in a fps. That a lot of people have not experience before. When a new player comes in planet side goes through the tutorial. Then he spawns in the warp gate then he finds a big battle. This big battle is going to kill his experience. "Why?" because when he goes out in the big battle he gets killed a lot. You don't go out and run around a lot like it battlefield or cod. Thinking your going to make all the perfects moves and move your mouse faster then anyone else. Thinking you're going to kill everyone. Even the best planetside 2 players get killed a lot sometimes. Most of the time you got to take cover because there so many players around the area. There can be like 10 or 15 snipers on top and 100 players try push your line. There going to be many players trying to kill you. At the same time.

The problem with the new players is that they are not use to the big number of players around because they are so use to the arena matches like 32 players or 16 or 18 players. The new players are not use to of 2000 players in the battle field. This is why they get so frustrated. This generation been deep throat-ed with Small arena fps games. People need to join squads and platoons. But the big problems with the platoon chats or squad chat is that people don't use them at all. They keep using different soft ware chats. Tell you the truth new players are not going to download that or even use that. Plus a lot of the leaders never use the platoon chat all.O yea sometimes the platoon leaders are dictators and if you speak in the chat you would get booted out of the platoon. That's is one of the big problems.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scudmungus

So, in essence..

..new players need to learn how to play?
    • Up x 9
  3. chilly154

pretty much if you try to play this game if its like any other fps your going to die a lot. I mean your never going to get many kills at all or even achieve anything.
    • Up x 1
  4. Karzi

You need swag and a MLG decal to be good. True story
    • Up x 6
  5. CL4p2p

I desagree...

It's true that you will get kill a lot , but even in a "basic" Fps like COD if you run everywhere without paying attention of the environement, of the enemies and vehicules, and most of all , without paying attention of what your class could do , so will get killed...

So yes you have to learn how works this game with taking time of learning how your class work, how the game's mechanic works and what the hell is going on around you.

In other point, it's a HUGE MASSIVE battle , so if you think you will be against a 10players' team enemies , you're not smart at all... It's a MMO so what do you expect ?
    Every-one got massive death at the beginning but it by the death you will learn how to win.

Finally, if you can"t accept a "noob" phase , a phase where you will learn how the game works and accept all your chain kill, this phase while you have to understand what to do and when doing it , well this game is not for you...

But if you try to watch tutorial (I don't wanna make publicity but I have to admit this guy help me a lot so I think I can said his name) like these one of "Wrel", ask the comunity in-game , or on the forum for help ( I never saw massive douch reply, the comunity always try to help and reply , even if sometimes it went to war because of the "nerf thing//thing is overpower" ) and take time to understand how the game work in battle, so you will enjoy it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Raraldor

if we're talking like, looting and plundering type swag, yes indeed.
  7. Axehilt

The death recap screen is a huge part of this, and there is a big opportunity for that screen to teach players how they died (it doesn't do a good job right now.)

The better picture the recap screen paints of how a new player died, the more likely they are to understand and learn and adapt, and therefore have a lot more fun.
    • Up x 1
  8. Osskscosco

If you ever played an FPS game then there is nothing new in planetside. Even an idiot knows that if he faces 40-50 enemy soldiers then he can't run around like in CoD.
    • Up x 1
  9. RedDeadVirgo

Yes i remember just yesterday that 600v600 battle over a small base. The biggest battles don't have more then 100 enemies and they are spaced out. Also word to the wise new player mostly don't look at the forums (most people don't look at the forums) so you are preaching to the quire.
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

dont forget the custom camo pattern on your soldier/vehicle/gun, preferably the incredibly pointless red/blue/purple empire-specific ones! because you know, pr0 playaz dont need to blend in anyway.

add to that the tons of useless cosmetics you can slap on your vehicle. nobody gonna mess with you with that burning skull on your tank, that's for sure!

not to mention, you should always drive into combat with headlights, lumifibers and chassis lights turned on. make sure all eyes are on you, that's the best advice i can give to any newbie and advanced soldier alike out there.

no need to thank me guys, just bookmark this post
    • Up x 3
  11. Ryme

I would advise new players spawn as a Combat Medic first. A lot of FPS players will not be used to the non-regenerating health. Even BattleField players will regenerate back to full health if they can make it to cover. With no certs to purchase kits to heal themselves, they will quickly become frustrated when they notice that cover offers only momentary reprieve and not a reset from death.

The nano-regen device will give new players a means of staying alive long enough to get used to the game's combat mechanics and eventually branch off into other classes once they have the resources to sustain them.
    • Up x 1
  12. MavCooL

As a veteran in FPS games
    I died a lot when I first playing this game but get better in time
    But when I first playing there is almost a good fight everywhere so it keeps me entertained ( Early June ), but as of right now the game is not that much fun anymore, coz TR will steamrolled everything and NC just to weak and to small in number to be competitive

So yeah right now the new player will hav bad experience with this game from the winning or even the losing side
  13. TacticalButterknife

Now, if only we could get them to actually NOTICE the dead people needing revs in the first place... and patch them up afterwards instead of leaving them half-dead...again.
    • Up x 1
  14. Baconite

Cert points should come faster in the beginning for new characters. The first 300-500(something like that) should be at a 100% faster rate of gain.

This will not only help the new player, but work them into the game so right away they don't ask themselves what the point in continuing is if they make 20 certs an hour and see that many weapons cost 1000.
    • Up x 6
  15. NC_agent00kevin

Theres a huge problem that Ive noticed lately.

If Im not in a squad, my spawn choices from the warpgate are very, very limited. New players may use this method of transport a lot since they have little to no experience driving vehicles and said vehicles are bone stock. New players are also likely to not be part of an Outfit and may also be less inclined to join a squad, being new and not knowing much about the game.

Many times my spawn choices are empty bases in the middle of our own territory and nothing on the front lines. If I were a new player, I would find this very frustrating and do as a BR 85 to some extent. Many times there are enemies randomly patrolling vast swaths of territory looking for easy pickins. A lack of options and good possibility of being killed before you even get near a real battle is not conducive to retaining new players.

In short, the spawn system is still broken.
    • Up x 7
  16. Targanwolf

OP...my 2 cents being a 2 week or so player.
    -Tremendous learning curve, the tutorial doesn't come close to addressing
    -New players are like mice trying to fight a pride of lions.It's going to be short and ugly over and over and over
    -poor chat features.New players need a question chat channel.They need to be able to talk to one another and share information.Assigning them automatically to a noob outfit would help solve this
    -fps is not a genre many are experienced or comfortable vs 3rd person mmog
    -becoming competitive vs the hard core experienced player base requires a willingness to pay the price in frustration...too many games don't put players through a grinder like this .Even 12 year old DAOC has battlegrounds to ease players into knowing how to play.
    -realm imbalance on your lowest ping server punishes players who pick the low population
    -the game demands a lot of computer power.Some simply don't have the horsepower to have a satisfactory experience and new players aren't directed to resources that can help in this regard

these are my first thoughts off the top.
    • Up x 2
  17. VirgilSeimoor

You are right. This is a thing that can be solved. The "problem" that this game has a steaper learning curve comes from the scale of the battles that make this game unique so people should just get used to it (After playing Dark Souls PS2's learning curve is nothing)

Also this.
    I hope they fix it someday as half the time I can only spawn far away from outposts that are about to be taken (or have fights near them).
  18. TacticalButterknife

Got that right ;)
  19. Targanwolf

TWO poorly documented games doesn't make a well documented game.
  20. Liquid23

well at least we have a tutorial now and some directions which I ee as more than enough... when I started playing the second you finished picking a name you were drop podded into the largest battle on the map where you were then immediately shot a few dozen times and run over by a tank with no idea of where you were or what you were supposed to be doing