Playerstudio Infil Helmets

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Faven, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Anvildude

I love the Silence- You've consistently done some awesome stuff with the meshes and how shapes and surfaces flow into each other. The Silence, though- I like the quiet elegance of it. The single verticle line that thins out to nothingness both up and down, and the smoothness of the rest of the surface (while still having some detail in the sides and back). But yeah, the neck needs something that isn't that weird turtleneck/ruffle thing.
  2. OldMaster80

I would definitely buy an helmet with some kind of visor, something making me looking like if I had a targeting system. If the helmet could make me look like a "cyclop" or a "multi-eyed" soldier that would Amazing (like the Master-Yi helmet of League of Legend).
    I was actually waiting for the open helmet with lowered visor but I don't think they're going to introduce it anymore...

Btw the Chasseur helmet looks cool: finish it and it will probably be mine.
  3. DeadliestMoon

You have such creative criticism, why not stop on over by the Player Studio forums to give your feedback?
    • Up x 1
  4. Faven

Thanks all for the response, didnt expect that! But I'll do my best to answer as much as I can.

First off, really happy that you guys like it & at the same time I appreciate that some stuff you just plain out hate. Not proficient enough (or to be frank intrested) in making something thats universally loved. Really taking some of the comments to heart though and over the next coming weeks/months I'll try my bestest to improve.

So to some QA:

-Firstly we are bound to the existing materials that PS2 have, not only that but its extremly limited due to the normal&UV mapping that exists is custom to the very specific launch helmets. IE anything new that gets created needs to try to work around the existing textures. This goes for the player studio and any new helmets that SoE makes aswell.

-The playerstudio artists dont have controll over the normals (ie you know the bumpy **** ontop of armors, the shiny bits etc. Its all in the hands of the SoE art team. We can have an idea of what we think it should be. But in the end its up to them.

-So in light of the above. Paint scratches and stuff like that. Would loooooooove to do it. But its out of our controll. A way around it would be to actually model in the scratches...it might be something Ill do on the NC&TR ones actually since I got some vertices to spend

-I cant make you naked. but if it helps we can do an inversed emperors new clothes where I can PM you every 2nd day saying that you are naked.

-The TR one is very very specific. Almost to a fault. Some people hate it. Some love it, honestly I'm amazed that TRAy (the man in charge) liked it but very gratefull he did. The point of it is that its not googles.

-Yeah NC doesnt have much hoodies going on. def more of a TR thing. BUT I really dont see why NC should be refused awesome hoodies of death. The poor guys are in almost constant helmet envy. The NC Vandal one is probarly my personal favourite because of how the material mixes.

-And yeah you guys should def stop by the playerstudio forum, you have great feedback and the guys and girls working there thrives on it.

-VS Silence have some work left. Spoke to TRay about it and it needs to get a bit more VS into it so going to be working on that. trying to not ruin any shape and still push it a bit further. Difficult beast for sure since the initall design ethos was to try to get away with doing as little detailing as possible and still have it classic VS.

PS.The TR one im going to work on will have many googles...sort of :)
    • Up x 2
  5. A 59 c

Yes, I'd buy the Vandal. Hope you can get your work into the game
  6. Scientiarum

I would seriously consider buying the hunter helmet.
  7. Traxiconn

Is it just me that thinks the vandal looks a bit like a Quarian? :confused:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. DrBobcat

Love the Chaussuer. Will buy it as soon as it becomes available, assuming it looks decent with camouflage.

Although I don't play the other factions, I can still appreciate how much work you've put into these. Excellent job! ;)
  9. CuteBeaver

This design favors curves and ovals. Where the Vandals focus is on diagonals and square / rhombus shapes. Even the glass on the face is flat and mimics the shapes on the jaw line. Which is awesome. I can totally see why you would think that though. Change the type of shapes being used its a similar recipe but different ingredients. I would love to see something like this in the image shown above for the VS, as long as we stay away from open faces **shudders**.

http://p3d.in/ObPRa

We could probably get inspiration from fashion from the middle east. This would help to hide the incredibly DERPY expression found on the characters faces. Simply browse different styles of veils on google to get ideas.

[IMG]

OR.... you can just embrace the derpy expression in all of its glory!

[IMG]

Honestly if this was the VS version of that TR hat I would totally buy it just for lawls.
  10. DeathSparx

CuteBeaver explained this perfectly. Essentially, you have similar thinking but different results.
  11. Takara

VS hunter....yes that thing looks pretty sweet!
  12. Traxiconn

At the time of posting I only took a glance. After looking at it closely I can see the differences. :D Still I would buy a Quarian skin in a heartbeat.

Don't judge my fandom.
  13. CptFirelord

Add that badass hood to the VS and NC variants, make them all look even more badass ;)
  14. pnkdth

I would LOVE the hunter outfit if it was matt black. My guess T-Ray will advice you to add more purple/teal as well as a matt black suit would be pretty damn hard to spot.
  15. Faven

Well he havent yet, but they are known to do a bit like they seem fit with the colors once it's in. So for now I'm just coloring them as I would *hope* they gone in.

Hoods on all? Would be easy to do for sure...if SoE would accept 5 hooded helmets from 1 guy?..doubt it:)
  16. DeadliestMoon

Just so we're clear here, her initial "review" of Faven's helmets suggested changes that would peak her own interests in buying the helmets, not changes that would produce the most revenue. Ultimately it is TRay's decision that gets helmets into the game or not and so far he's given all of Faven's helmets the "approval." (even though he doesn't live in the US and can't formally submit anything.)
  17. Rogueghost

I really like the chasseur, but with how little I play infiltrator and the fact I already have whatever the TR shemagh is called, I'm not sure if I would buy it.
  18. DeadliestMoon

If all of them were badass then none of them would be. Besides, I don't think hoods will go well with the other helmets anyway.
    • Up x 1
  19. Faven

Yeah thats pretty much it. That being said I didnt post the stuff here as some sort of way of fishing for compliments. The ones in the gallery with the exception of the VS Silence one are pretty much good to go. There are things that could change. But as you know someone loves one detail. Another person hates it. So win/lose situ.

As you say I can't currently submit due to being cursed with swedish blood, which brings me to part of the reason for posting here;

It gives me a good feel of what works and what doesn't work "generally". For example: Most infils like looking like silent death incarnated (vandal/hunter) Not everyone likes looking like HAL had "sexy" time with a turret from portal ;)
  20. Stinneyt

I dont buy any helmets or camo.
    If I see two enemies next to each other, one has camo and a non default helmet, I put a bullet through his head first...
    ...Because I hate SOE.