Why play the weaker side ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by shd, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Liewec123

i wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the resources favouring the zerg faction,
    if i could play the under manned faction with the kind of resources available to the zerg-everything faction i'm sure i'd have a blast!
    but getting zerged and not having the resources to spawn anything is just not fun.
    • Up x 1
  2. BadAsElite

Not everyone has the answers but most can see the problem. Hence why hes posting on the forum to maybe help get a constructive answer / out come.
  3. IamDH

Dont participate in the alerts. Just shoot people
  4. Cuze

Almost all of my most memorable play sessions have been when I have been with my outfit (8-10 man squad) capturing/holding a base against a force that outnumbers us by a ridiculous margin.
    • Up x 2
  5. EMP1RE

I have considered switching over to the TR many times. The Mossy, TAR, Nighthawk and Lynx have tempted me on more than one occasion... but then I remember that I would essentially be part of the problem. Like every 4th factioning scumbag, every side switching CODfield fan boy, every traitor there has ever been... Id rather be beaten as a loyal man than win as a rat.

(Too dramatic?)
    • Up x 1
  6. NoctD

The real question is this - why did you choose the faction you chose to play as your main?

Cause in reality if you ask each person, they can tell you their faction is the weakest.

If you want...

Spray and pray - then play TR
    Accuracy - then play VS
    Hard hitting - then play NC

Its like comparing strawberry to grapes to bananas.

And if you like them all - then there's nothing stopping you from playing all 3 sides.
  7. Black Humor

Being outnumbered is fun.
  8. Crowne

This is incorrect, flawed logic. You're simply the problem forcing a solution that would not be needed if you were not such a problem to begin with.

I stick with NC on Waterson because there are times when it is fun. Those times may be few and far between with all the population issues, but Luperza & Co. does have me convinced that things will improve. There's only so much they can do, but I do appreciate them acknowledging and trying.

I haven't found another game that I feel like spending money, or time, on. So, I check in with PS2, hope for the best, and just log out when things have no chance of being remotely fun.
    Simply joining the people who created this problem is not something I will ever do. It is best for them if I don't have anything to do with them.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

I didnt know you switched to NC from EZMode.
  10. Crowne

It's not about helping the NC. Pretty short-sighted view of the problem. The problem threads like these bring up is a problem for PS2 as a whole. You seem a somewhat reasonably not completely dumb fellow, surely you can grasp the bigger picture.

I appreciate that the devs have very publicly acknowledged this as a veritable problem that needs their attention.
  11. ViXeN

Its all easymode to me because I adapt to whatever I am playing, like any good gamer.
  12. Frenk

I can talk about this not for NC but for Vanu. I play on Miller, a heavily TR overpopulated server. Vanu is always around 28-29% except during high peaks, in which we MAY reach 33%. I play like that because I am proud of my faction and because I just don't want to let TR win. That's all.
  13. shd

This isn't about TR, VS or the NC. It's about having equal playing ground so we can all enjoy this game.

I did one alert on Miller TR the other day to see what everyone is talking about. They had 8/9 biolabs the entire alert, 80%+ pop on Esamir and Amerish and equal pop on Indar with a half an hour queue. It was boring as hell for anyone not on Indar and i can only imagine the clusterfck it was on the on non TR biolab.

On Woodman if you play NC only time you can hope for a result is if the alert is on Indar and even then you are usually outnumbered.

Sooner or later even the people enjoying the easy certs right now will realize that if this isn't resolved thy will be left playing with themselves (pun intended).
  14. hihihilolHI

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy being on the outnumbered faction. I go from besieged base to besieged base and make the enemy pay dearly for each facility the capture, sometimes going on some pretty entertaining killstreaks. I play VS on waterson, but if I ever make characters on other factions, I think my NC will be on woodman.
  15. PrimePriest

Because freedom and bonus cheques.
  16. WaiZen

"Why play the weaker side?"

'Cause when you see this:

[IMG]
    ^(Credits to [REBR] Charlie)

You just gotta feel proud and happy of your faction n' yourself.
    • Up x 1
  17. ColdCheezePizza

because the under pop faction has more targets to shoot at, I get way more certs killing and blowing stuff up than alert and base capture welfare xp. Also someone has to man up and take a stand against overpop factions or else this game will become a ZOE op warpgate suasage party with no one on the other side to fight.
  18. nubery

Our MAXs are trash. We really need a mid range weapon.
  19. wolfva

What I do is go to a base that's not being camped, then get behind those campers, and kill them. Now, if you can find a squad of folks to do that you might start having fun.

You have the power here...the power to determine WHERE and WHEN you will fight. Stop ceding that to the enemy. Stop just reacting. Start being proactive.
  20. Lamat

Some of the funnest fights are where you find a base you are outnumbered and losing, spawn there and just run around killing guys and blowing up vehicles even when you know you can't win the base. Just cap the point run away to let them come to that point and pick off more guys. You have so many targets and they are bound to make some mistakes. Sometimes it feels like you're Bugs Bunny and they are Elmer Fudd.
    • Up x 2