People need to stop sitting in spawn rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hypnoticcc, Sep 28, 2013.

1. LtFox7

waiting for BF4 beta
  2. S1eB

^^^^^

I've been doing this lately :D

Tank mines work well also and cost less resources.
  3. DeadLamb

yeah more then enough nerd shame to go around when it comes to the actions around spawn rooms.
    I still find a zerg parked all around the spawn room to be the strangest in game action. I get that the people in the spawn room are hanging on to hope. They are looking to get some revenge kills, a lucky tank kill or maybe even retake the base. Oh sure they don't plan to leave the spawn until it's 100% safe but maybe someone else will recapture the A point!

where as the zerg parked outside the base is mostly pointless. It's a ton of firepower on tap and rather then roam around looking to kill stuff for a bunch of XP they shell a spawn waiting to get 250xp.
    Don't get me wrong, I've done it too (we all have) but it's still a strange aspect of PS2 game play for me..
    • Up x 1
  4. WTSherman

If we didn't have so many pointless invincible-shield rooms all over the place, we would see a lot less of both flavors of cheese. It doesn't help that many little outposts seem to be designed so that there's no way to stop the spawn room from getting camped, but there's also no way to take the base without camping the spawn room.

For example, when breaking out of the SE Indar warpgate, in order to reach the point on the northernmost base (don't remember the name right now, it's the northern one of those three right next to the warpgate) you have to push right past the spawn room. Which means unless that thing is completely locked down, you're not going anywhere.

Do we really need these things in every single base? I'm sure the base I used in my example could be defended entirely adequately by people spawning at the warpgate, there's a jump pad that takes you right there. We could probably get away with only having spawn rooms every 3-4 lattice links, if the spawn system was adjusted so that we could reliably access them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zar

lone wolfs are what they are useless and ineffective hate to say it but true more so sitting in spawn rooms your more useful being a forum warrior. having said that ive seen guys lone wolf and being masterfully effect but they don't sit in spawn rooms they are proactive and tbh if your sitting in a spawn room for any reason to get easy kills ill shoot you dead then redeploy and go do something useful.
  6. Phantomstrk

Need to make it where you have to leave the spawn room after a certain period and can't re-enter until after a debuff clears.....if you want safe, stay at the warp gate
  7. Jalek

It's still necessary to keep people there. Even when an outpost is down to 2-3 people in the spawn room, if the attackers lose interest those people are enough to retake the point. Happened all the time, though now less often with lattice.
  8. Corporate Thug

People are directing their anger towards the wrong group. If there was a fight to be had then those people in the spawn room would be fighting. I never see people hanging out in the spawn room when it's not surrounded by hostiles, that must mean they leave it unless there is a large chance they will just die for no reason and feed the attackers kills, which will definitely influence them to camp longer.

There are some things you can do though, I recently started pulling an engineer w/ underbarrel smoke launcher and just spam near the hostile campers, it seems to have a calming affect, like bees when they encounter smoke. More people leave when the shield isn't being constantly bombarded.
  9. Veridio

This all leads to terrible base design in the end. Bases were made for attacking, which leads to terrible soldier flow.

Redo the bases to be similar to PS1. Those were insane fights.
  10. ChipMHazard

SOE needs to put spawn rooms underground or at least indside big buildings. Out of reach of vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  11. Veridio

The whole 10 structure bases isn't practical. Give us one giant building facility!
  12. Blackbird

OK first off unlees you are a SOE employee you have no right tell people how to play .
    If you want to give the enemy your certs go ahead . I will deny them mine and maybe my Mag will be better certed than your Prowler .
    I prefer to play defence . I can play this game ANYWAY I want to as l long as I dont mess with your game play . 99% of the time Im not in a squad . As find most Outfit leaders and officers total idoits Im not in a outfit so no one has ANY claim on me or my playing time .

Last person who whined about this stuff I looked up online . He had died over 20,000 times .. CERTS YUM YUM YUM
  13. Blackbird

They sorta did its called a Bio Dome . People raise heck about it all the time . I prefer Bio Domes . Most ribbons are Bio Dome defence for me
  14. Corporate Thug

Interlink Facilities are coming! In those facilities there will be no reason to sit in the spawn room, camping on either side will not be an option :)
  15. Taemien

C4-Tank Mines is definitely one way to fix the issue. But only if its your own faction doing it. As an attacker you're kinda just sitting on point being bored while the defenders hide behind shields far away to be a non-issue. So what can be done there?

I like how Biolabs work. When the SCU drops, the spawn shields also drop and you get to run in and gank the defenders, forcing them out of their own base. I'd like for a system in place like that for all bases. And it wouldn't be a complicated fix either. Just make it so when you're attacking and the base is flipping in your favor (NC attacking, for example, the bar starts turning blue) the spawn shields drop and the defenders can no longer spawn there. Other large facilities such as Tech Plants and Amp Stations could have SCU mechanics like Biolabs.

This encourages the defenders to mount a counter attack and put the attackers on defensive. Sort of a win win situation for both sides. Defenders can attack before the attackers have a facility online (its not theirs yet so they can't use its shields and stuff nor repair turrets and stations). And the attackers get a good fight all the way through.
    • Up x 1
  16. Axehilt

It would, yeah.

Which is unfortunate because I'm pretty sure we could've figured out the nuances to a system where alternating bases were Outposts vs. Facilities, and outposts are the ones you can spawn at (full vehicle facilities) and Facilities are where the capture points are which let you capture the next base(s) along connected lattice (but have no spawning.)

Such a system would've resulted in most fights having a hard spawn in the rear with vehicles (but very far from the capture point) and soft spawns being deployed up front to get infantry inside the point (which would be designed to be infantry-dominant or infantry-only fighting grounds.)

It seems like an idea that, if given a week to bake, could be designed to work in Planetside's continent format.

But a much more workable idea is simply for level designers to put the capture point for every base farther from the hard spawn. That alone will improve things, since an occupying force will have to leave the capture points more vulnerable if they want to spawn camp (and you already see this happen in many base designs across PS2.)
  17. RobotNinja

Granted. Given the choice you should of course spawn a tank and be one of those 50 guys sitting outside an enemy spawnroom like a real teamplayer. 49 might not be enough and you'll help provide covering fire for those other guys against the few guys inside the enemy spawnroom.
  18. Blackbird

Think its funny . How would some know who was just sitting in the spawn room ? Either you are running out of the spawn room feeding the enemy or you are sitting in there yourself . Here is a question why arent you respawning at a base nearby pulling armor and really helping out ?
  19. DeadLamb

yeah you can but there is a social contract in team games, every team game, that you are playing as a team to win the game. I've always found it interesting that some people can't seem to grasp that about team based games. "Oh well it doesn't really mater, it's just a stupid game....".. Yes exactly... even when it maters so very little and takes almost no effort some people still can't even try, just try, to do what needs to be done for the team. I don't care if they totally suck and fail horribly, after all it is just a stupid game.
    No need for nerd rage or some of the strange screaming etc like actions I see in game some times.

but not even trying is sort of a character flaw at a basic core level... If you can't even try when it doesn't mater at all, I don't have much faith they will step up when it does mater in real life..
    Over analyzing? Sure.. harsh? yes. but still.. can't step up with nothing on the line = will not step up if there was..
    • Up x 1
  20. Veridio

The Bio Dome is still made up of multiple buildings inside a 2-way entrance location. It's not even that hard to get up into it with all the lifts and vehicles.