Mutilators, Mercys, or Onslaughts?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by XOLiD, Sep 28, 2013.

1. XOLiD

Been debating a while here on which of these guns to use on my TR MAX, honestly Idk which to go with, the ROF of Onslaughts seems amazing but then the damage and ammo of Mutilators are better, and then the accuracy on Mercys are nice to have too.

Anybody have any opinions on which to go with or if I should mix it up and have two different ones?
  2. MaxDamage

I think you've answered your own question here.

Onslaughts are FANTASTIC in close range against regular infantry. They're not NC splattercannons but since they were finally made viable they are kind of beast mode for up close fights.

Mutilators are great for long fights with limited support, masses of ammo, damage which is now of more value since Mercys were nerfed. I'd call Mutilators meat and potato really, with mag extenders they just keep on firing while your opponent dies fleeing and reloading. Obvious upgrade to Heavy Cyclers.

Mercys are my personal favourite. If you want the headshots (particularly useful against enemy MAXes) or some kind of range viability they are solid.
  3. IronWarrior

I use Mutilators only now, when you add extended magazines, you have 300 rounds of dakka dakka which means you never stop firing. You can suppress a door way and kill a infantry rush with ease.

Have a decent mouse with controllable DPI on the go then you can lower or rise it to control the recoil better.
  4. Chewy102

Doesn't matter what you pick. All of them are great weapons and can raise hell. Personally I like the Mutilators from the massive amount of ammo you have and that they cost so little. Just getting one and using it with a default Heavy C you can hold both triggers and you will not stop shooting for a full 30 seconds from one weapon reloading while the other is still shooting.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/max-balance-part-2-tr.139047/
  5. EliteEskimo

Just went 47-0 yesterday with my Mercy Max and BWC competes in scrims where I pull my Max on a pretty regular basis, typically how BWC's team rolls is we run Onslaughts for close quarters or for building to building fighting in more condensed bases. Otherwise we use Mercies for anything that requires medium distance and close fighting, so like within an AMP Station. If you had to pick one or the other I would definitely go with the Mercies.
  6. Pikachu

Why do these weapons cost 1000 certs all except the one with big magazine? I be that not the case the NC and vanu.
  7. Messaiga

Actually it is, Grinders for the NC Max cost 250 certs, Cosmos also cost 250 certs.
    • Up x 2
  8. DevDevBooday

Mutilators are your bread and butter, buying two Mutilators is worth HALF of a single Onslaught or Mercy and the Mutilator is comparable to both. Go Mutilator and save up for the others later.
  9. Singed

All are great weapons but they have their little niches. If you are just getting into the max class the mutilators are a great gateway weapon. They are more accurate then the onslaught but have more DPS then the mercies, plus they are cheap. Buy one to replace the pounder then spend the rest of your certs on the suit slot. This is your next highest priority. After having a second anti-infantry weapon, the right suit slot will make or brake your class. Get at least one rank of nanite auto repair so you can repair yourself in a spawn room if there aren't any Engis. After you have that start working on maxing out kinetic armor.
  10. MavCooL

Mercy sucks, if u want to go for longer range then fracture is your weapons
    Mercy accuracy only 1 in stand still and crouching, anything u do will get your COF bigger
    Fracture accuracy is always 0.3 no matter u'r crouching, dancing or even jumping
    So go with the "OP" fracture and don't look back
  11. zu2

I had 3k+ kills on my mercy's until the nerf, then switched to onslaughts for the higher rate of fire, more ammo per extended mag, (90 versus 75 for mercy), more ammo in general, and after doing the math, more damage per second by a small margin. I now have 6k+ kills with my onslaughts and have tried the mutilator and mercy again but always go back to my onslaughts.
  12. Pella

Mutilators are also good if you have a engineer. Sustained DPS with a 150 clip size. Your able to clear rooms of grunts easily.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lazaruz

Once I auraxium my Mercies, my next stop will be Onslaughts. Already picked up the right arm from yesterday's daily deal.
  14. Makora

Double. Pounders.

No really, I'm serious! Flack or Nano repair with Dash and you are set. At 30m or so you can effectively hit what you aim above (they converge around that point) and you can mortar behind cover if you know what you're doing. Splash isn't that good but you at the very least you keep the enemy from regening their shields and thus you keep them suppressed. You chew them up, bit by bit, or they run out into the open and risk getting smacked in the face by a grenade. I think it's 3-4 direct hits to kill. A bit difficult to use in CQB, but that's what the Dash is for. Get in close and smack that b*tch down or get distance and hammer the enemy into submission.

I swear if they either fixed convergence or gave it an AI ammo option (almost no AV damage but a much more damaging splash to infantry) it'd be so damn overpowered that the entire striker and fracture QQ would not even compare.
    And it's funny as all hell to think that the guy you just killed went "Whaaaat?" after getting smacked by these.