What is this red stuff?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nitram1000, Sep 28, 2013.

1. nitram1000

2. Disorder

New to the game?

Every team has tracers, looks like TR is shooting as they are red.

otherwise, if you are not new.. dunno.. UFOs?
  3. Pikachu

You did not approach it to find out?
  4. y3ivan

its starts with BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP..
    • Up x 5
  5. nitram1000

Nah not new, br90 playing since beta just never seen this before, looks like a striker nest. Did not approach as had no flares.
  6. Disorder

Yeah I just noticed you had loads of certs too lol.. oops

Maybe someone is having a disco.
  7. nitram1000

Was just curious as to whether or not the red glow means strikers are being fired. It would be a good way to know for sure not too approach if that makes sense.
  8. phreec

Strikers or Fractures most likely.
  9. IamDH

Strikers just being launched
  10. VSDerp

damn hippies..
  11. iccle

yep a bona fide striker/fracture av nest, avoid :)
  12. tastyBerryPunch

I've never seen any kind of AA or AV rockers/beams render from that far away.:confused:
  13. tuxtard

It seems to me like a recent striker bug I've encountered a few times. Striker rockets are rendered at the point of origin while they continue to go invisible through the air. Don't the appearance fool you, even though they are rendered at the point where they are launched, they do indeed hit the target.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mongychops

It's a reasonably good compromise. Although the actual TR HA themselves do not render, so you cannot kill them, it lets you quickly zero in on where a Striker nest is, and either avoid them, or close in quickly and take them out quickly. Now, if only they would fully fix the permanent lock warning bug.
  15. lothbrook

Its a new bug, instead of seeing the rocket rendered all the way to its target, now AV mana turrets, and shoulder mounted launchers will sometimes just sit in front of where they're launched, while still hitting their target who now has to look for that glow to find out where it came from rather than the smoke trail or the rockets themselves.

Happens with all rockets now, not just the striker, the worst is the phoenix, it just sits there screaming in one spot, even after the missile hits, lol.
    • Up x 1
  16. KenDelta

DEATH.
    -TR
    :eek:
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

striker squad.

btw i love it whenever a single TR striker guy locks onto my scythe. he fires his volley of rockets, the red glowing missiles give away his position, i pop flares before they hit me and then bombard him with rocketpods. his own fault for not trying to take cover right after firing his striker