Do some play mainly........

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Targanwolf

A vehicle driver / fighter or air fighter

or is your main activity a ground pounder ?
  2. axiom537

All of the above. I love flying, I love the ground pounding and I love ground vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mr_Giggles

Depends on the mood. Usually my night starts off in a lib and depending on the situation will decide on where I go from there. On TR if I drive, I drive a harasser because it's quick, can haul a few, and because the prowler is ugly. Option B would be a sunderer. If I'm following a large convoy I tend to stay in the vehicle. If it's a smaller group I get out on foot.
  4. Pikachu

I mix tank driving with infantry playing. I just had some great time farming idiotic vanu players with my prowler.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheBlindFreak

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but I'll just assume you mean to ask if anyone is is dedicated to armor v armor or air v air as opposed to playing an anti-infantry vehicle.

Personally, I do just about everything except lib flying/gunning. I dogfight other ESFs when I need too, and I'll bomb infantry when I need to. I just try and play in a way that helps my outfit and faction capture facilities. If I need to go AP/AP vanguard, that's what I do.

Back to your question. Before one of the earlier game updates, High Explosive rounds for tanks and the rockets on the ESF's were INCREDIBLY efficient at killing infantry. Combine that with the higher server pops we had near the beginning of the game, and you have people who mainly operated AI vehicles to farm the mass amount of infantry. And it was easy since most of the infantry were new to the game and inexperienced.

There are still people who play like this, but it isn't as effective as it used to be, so it isn't as prominent. Personally, I tend to play in ways that disrupt these types of players. That's why I invested in the skyguard.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

i mag, i lib, i scy and i inf
  7. Tommyp2006

I prefer to drive/fly, but ground pounding in the end is how bases get taken. Plus, I want to get gold medals on every infantry weapon, can't do that if I'm in vehicles all day.
  8. KenDelta

Mostly FlashFurying big fights if not , walking around with a pump shotgun.
  9. PapaMojo

Ground pounder. I suxxor at flying, and just haven't taken the time to learn ground vehicles that well. Every army needs it's ground grunts.
  10. nooblet91698

I dont know how to fly good (ignore my profile pic) but I love infantry....in desperate situations, I use vehicles (Tanks). I use sundies regularly as AMS's and harassers for raiding.
  11. Frenk

Your avatar is NC, your signature is NC, your tank is... TR? There, we caught a 4th factioner! BURN HIM!
    • Up x 1
  12. bodmans

mainly anti air scythe with fuel pods, only if the situation urgently needs pods(or PPA) i take that
  13. bodmans

prblm? VV
  14. Pikachu

NC is my main. BR 91, my terran is ~50 and my vanu ~32. NC on Cobalt, vanu and terran on Ceres.
  15. Meeka

I am all of the above... I mix infantry, tanking, and flying regularly. I am not super exceptional in one respect, but fairly good in them all. Though, people tend to hate me most when I drive a tank.
  16. FigM

Flying offers the most competitive gaming experience, when there are at least a few good pilots on.
    When fighting in the air, you can easily tell who's good or not, you learn to recognize people by name.

Ground fighting simply doesn't have that. I'm sure there are some really good tank drivers, but it's hard for them to stand out and its hard to become remembered. Same thing with infantry, good and bad easily blend together into a mindless grind. Very hard to stand out.
  17. Zexis

Mostly infantry since that's the easiest to cert into whereas there's definitely a larger machine capability gap between low and high BRs. I've started putting some more points into my Prowler, and that's fun, especially in an armor zerg where the tanks sit back and you can soak in the cacophonous orchestra of shelling an enemy base. Feel like I'm part of Rommel's 7th Panzer Division.

I'm not a good combat pilot at all, so when I do fly it's to get from point A to point B or to gun in a Lib.
  18. TheBloodEagle

I mainly play infantry and just use vehicles as an extra layer of armor / firepower. I don't think of them as two separate things, more like an aid. I don't give much of a care about the competitive stuff.
    • Up x 1
  19. LowTechKiller

Infantry.
    I'll grab an ESF first thing out of the warp gate to get where I'm going, but from then on it's either an AMS Sunderer or a Flash.
  20. CaptainYamerica

Strictly infantry. I will gun a vehicle from time to time, but I cannot fly/drive worth a poop.