Waterson NC Player just no longer fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aikichi, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Aikichi

Let me say this I have had my fair share of awesome experiences with this game. I love the huge battles that I have been and relished the few stealth missions from random pubs or tagging along with outfits. However it has come to a point now where people are just stacking the Terran Republic and Vanu leaving NC with little population to even put up a struggle. I know I am not the best player nor am I the worst but it has come to a point where being on the NC side of things just ends up in disappointment and honestly boring. The outfits I see now on NC to be fair have been lackluster. Yes there might be periods where they actually accomplish something but now its few and far in between. I really hope that at some point SOE puts a limit on this ridiculous team stacking or perhaps some vets would like a challenge and try to join the losing side to turn the tides. Needless to say I am not going to give up on this game as I have supported/invested a fair deal into it but I would like my opinion, though may not be well received, to at least be heard and possibly someone might just want to actually challenge themselves with a faction that is just inferior at this point on the server. I am sure there will be those who will flame this and im more than sure there will be those who agree.
    • Up x 8
  2. Brayton

I'm just going to wait for the competition to end and play during off times.

I'm more frustrated that on Waterson, the TR levels have re-surged to twice or more of the other faction props. We had just started balancing out the pops and all of the factions were becoming viable again, the VS started to participate again during the alerts.

Now we're back to square ******* one.
    • Up x 3
  3. Mykra

Game just isn't fun for any side on Waterson thanks to SOE. Last two alerts Ive played we've had over 40% population, and when that happens the Vanu just leave. Some NC will stay and try to fight but eventually they just walk away as well and go PvE like the Vanu, and that's how we end up with those crazy 60%+ pop screenshots on alerts like in the Waterson thread.

GG SOE. Way to do absolutely nothing and break everything.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. LT_Latency

less QQ more pew pew.

TR has the lowest population right now, If VS and NC can't work together to stop TR.

That is the players fault and no one elses
  5. Kaktwox

The point is is the game was balanced, the NC and VS wouldn't have to work together. Nor is the game meant to be played 2 factions vs. 1.
    • Up x 4
  6. Mykra

I start to understand more and more why VS and NC players dislike us so much on Waterson.

'Oh, it's not the fact we have a quarter more population than second place, you guys just aren't playing right!'

No wonder.
    • Up x 2
  7. Zotamedu

Luckily for NC, TR players are pants on head ********. Like the last alert that was capture Esamir. We had the population. Thank you SOE for the event that drives every fourth factioner over to TR. We are pushing hard and naturally, there's a huge fight at Ymir because NC refuse to fight outside a Bio Lab. So the outfit I'm in starts capping the rest of the place. Nott Amp Station falls and a huge force caps everything down to Ymir as we take an undefended Mani Bio. So there we are, with like 72 % land ans what happens? Every single TR decides that it's a good idea to go to Ymir. It is impossible to take a NC defended biolab once they have 48+ people there. It cannot be done with a population advantage of only a couple of percent. So then some smart VS and NC started taking everything else and we were trying to defend but it's hard to keep up with only two squads and a bunch of pubbies. So if some of the TR would actually check the map and defend the land we own, that would have been a dominating victory. Now we ended with 60 % land. I really do hate my faction at times. I wish we were more like VS that really can get stuff done.
  8. DukeFlash

You only got 60% of the prize instead of 100%? Poor guy.
    • Up x 3
  9. CaptainYamerica

OP. I have felt your pain bro. Honestly. You just have to find other ways to have fun. I know that sucks. But, right now, until population gets under control, if ever, this is where we are at. I take simple personal victories and run with people I like to roll with. If I get frustrated, I just log. It's either going to come down to another ghost town server and eventual merger again, or things will naturally right themselves after a while.
    • Up x 1
  10. gnometheft

Being a loyal NC or VS on Waterson has been extremely upsetting. The TR just zerg roll over alerts and usually dominate leaving us without any xp at all for months. It's just not fun to always lose.

It is completely screwing over the WDS, and loyal players got completely shafted during a fight they knew they could never win. Everyone except the people who stayed got a 100% xp boost.

It's absolutely infuriating watching all the people who switch and cause the overpopulation problem get rewarded time after time after ******* time again. Loyal players to their faction should never be so punished like they are on Waterson.

There are tons of temp fixes like boosting underpopulation xp or letting people know the boost was cross faction that could have stemmed the overpopulation, but so far SOE has made no intent on fixing the overpopulation any time soon.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kaktwox

For the record, despite faction the game is just no longer fun in general.

-From a TR on Waterson
    • Up x 1
  12. nooblet91698

OH NO, somebody is quitting!!! :eek:
  13. Aikichi

I wonder why TR is no fun when theres no challenge for you
  14. 13arracuda

And now with the world domination thing, TR will get a constant 100% XP boost due to having more pop than anyone else. Whose idea was that? I'm going to guess it was someone who likes TR.
    • Up x 1
  15. wolfva

Problem: Too many people keep flocking to the other sides!
    Solution: "I'm going to not log on until THEY fix this!"

<blink><blink>
    <blink>

That's not a solution. That's a cop out. That's whining. That's being PART OF THE FREAKING PROBLEM! If every person who quit because of 'population imbalance' actually stayed and fought the problem would be greatly alleviated if not eliminated.

Look, you can't change anything here, except yourself. You can change your attitude, you can change your playstyle to fit the given circumstances. You can be like a US Marine. 'Improvise, adapt, overcome'. Or, you can be like a welfare queen sitting on your well larded backside shoveling foodstamp bought bonbons into your mouth while lamenting how powerless you are and how you demand the Government (SOE) do everything for you.

Instead of lamenting about how they outnumber you, revel in it! After all, THEY will never get better then they currently our, because they never have to figure out new ways to fight, new tactics, or even hone skills. But the underdog? The underdog WILL. Because every fight is a challenge to him. Sure, maybe his K/D ratio isn't all that high. I'll tell you this...it's MUCH higher then the guy who doesn't play! As will be his skills. Heck, I've killed high BR folks who had no idea how to fight in a 1v1...they stand there like a tree shooting their gun till it's empty, then actually reload rather then switch weapons or use melee. I've been killed by low BR folks who definately knew more of what they were doing then I did. Every fight should be a learning lesson; what you learn when you massively outnumber your enemy is that you can steamroll small numbers. What you learn when you're the underdog, though, is how to keep them from steamrolling you, and how to kill larger numbers.
    • Up x 2
  16. Spartan 117

While you make a fair point, it still doesn't address the problem. Will these individuals who "toughed it out" become better players? Sure. So your Master Chief now. How relevant is Master Chief in a conflict where he is outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1, where 3 bullets can kill him? Not very. I've cleared out rooms of 5-7 people solo on a regular basis. Only to die to the never ending swarm of mediocre bads that eventually overwhelm me, which 9/10 is a medic who revives the entire lot. What was learned in those scenarios?

Numbers > skill.

With the current restrictions in place the only thing to look forward to is getting new weapons to the NC arsenal. With that however, comes all the 4th faction bads who will inevitably hop over to our faction to cheese. Being underpopulated is a problem, so is being overpopulated.

SOE needs to take a hard stance on the issue, like 6 months ago...
    • Up x 1
  17. PapaPetro

Meh, the overpopulation issue was bound to hit a critical mass at some point. It's a meta-exploit of sorts; players en masse eventually figure out that numbers win out over everything, so they pile on the faction that initially has the slightest pop advantage. Incentive it with Alerts and WDS and the trend is expedited. I'm sure SOE is working on something, they probably foresaw this too but didn't expect it to come this fast.

What worries me more about the game is the shift from casual to power gaming: instead of just wanting to be in big fights and have fun, these days players are more concerned with exp, BR, KDR, and cert farming. I guess this is to be expected since the game's been out for awhile and many of the casual players have checked it out and left, while the more dedicated players have been grinding it out like a second job. I miss the casual players, they brought a good mix to the game and took the edge off the angst.
    • Up x 1
  18. Spartan 117

This. I made a post about it just yesterday.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/what-is-soes-ps2-revival-plan.152155/

Started this game with 7 PS1 vets who all purchased 1yr $100.00+ memberships. They haven't bothered to log in, in months. The only people I run into these days are players who are farming certs for when the game will be "fixed & optimized". They could care less about whom they are playing with or whom they are farming. As long as they get their certs & their K/D is increasing that is what is most important to them. Meanwhile, anyone who is generally concerned about the health/longevity of the game & brings up current circumstance is met by a army of white knights who tell everyone to:

http://4.bp.************/-6ra7s9UTuj0/TxZOG5kETxI/AAAAAAAAAMU/kcOGY3Oq894/s1600/storm-troopers+move+along.jpg
    • Up x 2
  19. PapaPetro

I always think of them as the Red Army telling everyone to:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  20. DarkInnocence

I have been playing TR on Waterson for a long time and I would like to say that while the zerg might be annoying and whenever we zerg the game is extremely boring for me, we do get into fair fights often. I have played countless 24vs24 against the NC with no zerg and we still beat them. I guess it is not just the zerg, but TR still does win in a fair fight. However, playing TR has really gotten boring and if i had some SC to spend on NC character, I would switch. I have spent too much on my TR alr
    • Up x 1