(tr) TMG 50 or Stock? (best tr heavy)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eduarddato12, Sep 24, 2013.

1. eduarddato12

Im having a tough decision which gun to use, i do good in both.

Which gun you recomend and *important* with what mods?

Also if you feel like i should use another heavy gun please let me know. Thank you.

Currently i run my tmg50 with grip and that thing that reduces vertical kickback but makes hip fire worse.
  2. Blarg20011

Neither of them are really hipfire guns anyway, you want the MSW-R for that. Anyway, TMG-50 for mid/long range, I run with comp, grip, and 2x reflex, T9 for short range. It's all about what range your fighting at and personal preference.
    • Up x 2
  3. LowTechKiller

• Up x 1
  4. Sen7rygun

I go for the Carv (default) for most situations, that ROF and magazine capacity make me happy. I don't like the MSW-R (same stats as the Carv but smallet mag and faster reload) because its ammo pool is too small. Your ammo load is based on a magazine count and not a total number of bullets so you carry 400 rounds with the carv and only 250 with the MSW-R. I know when to reload so the speed isn't an issue for me.

For longer range stuff the Rhino is my go to weapon. Its still a 143 dmg LMG but its very accurate and maintains a tight cone of fire for long bursts. Its also got a very high muzzle velocity which means you don't have to lead your targets as much unless they're at very long range. Its got access to an extended magazine (200 rounds) too for squad suppression and fire support use.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bill Hicks

The Carv has that annoying horizontal recoil and that really annoying tickle factor AKA shooting someone for a long time with no real damage.

The TMG 50 is a solid gun.
  6. Unclematos7

TMG-50 all day everyday.
    • Up x 1
  7. uhlan

I use the T-16 with the foregrip as a heavy and do quite well.
  8. listerine

Been using the TMG 50 for the last few weeks, once I get auraxium I am going back to the carv9, the TMG hits hard and at distance, but the carv is a nasty bullet hose.
  9. Makora

Chaingun!

Why?

BECAUSE IT*S A GOD DAMN MINIGUN!
    • Up x 2
  10. Axehilt

CARV for most fights where you want to be infantry. TMG-50 for med/long range fights.
  11. Mxiter

There isn't best TR lmg since all are supposed to be sidebacks (even if the Carv-s and the T32 are really poor).
  12. Littleman

CARV. TMG-50 is good for med-long range work. Unfortunately, that's +60m, and beyond that, CoF and people simply moving are going to be the biggest deterrence to accuracy. There's a reason the game has a range compression problem. Most people don't die to an automatic at that distance unless multiple people are firing at them, or they're just being finished off.

The CARV on the other hand is an ironically niche gun. It's decent in CQC with a laser for the simple fact that it has 100 rounds in a single drum and has the RPM make a fairly solid wall of lead. Yes, the MSW-R, the NS-15M and the T32 Bull have the superior CoF's, but they all lack the staying power of a 100 round magazine. Give and take.

Put a fore-grip on the CARV, and it easily competes with (but does not replace) the TMG, T16, and just about any strong mid-long range weapon out to distances where one MIGHT actually kill something with any of them. That's the 60-80m range, and 80 is stretching it. If One is single shotting an automatic weapon to compensate for the accuracy issues over such distances, One is using the wrong gun. Note that a T16 without a grip is still probably easier to handle than a CARV with a grip, but the T16 makes for a lousy CQC weapon which is where a majority of the killing happens. Might as well go NS-15M or T32 if accuracy is what you're going for, at least they're extremely flexible.
  13. CrashB111

I don't think the VS ever got that memo with the SVA-88.
    • Up x 3
  14. Mxiter

The SVA is the reason i told the red stuffs ;)
  15. Furluge

I recommend the MSW-R for close range and the TMG-50 for long range. I suppose the CARV isn't terrible but I haven't touched it since it was nerfed and the MSW-R is more effective for close range than it is. Stay away from the CARV-S.
    • Up x 3