The War Report: Episode 22

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HuntingMaseTv, Sep 23, 2013.

1. HuntingMaseTv

I am a sad sad Panda. Do YOU want Pandas to be sad? Do you even know what a sad panda looks like? It is depressing.

I had hopes that until Nexus Battle Islands, MLG would find themselves with good casters, fair matches and maybe (ye gods beware) objective, non-ranty casting......

Instead what do we get on the first chance to really promote Planetside2 MLG "pro-play"?

1 VS outfit (The Foundation)[who showed they can do much more then just zerg as is often said about them] with about 45 people vs 1 NC outfit with 1 VS outfit helping and another NC outfit helping aswell( The Realm with UVG and 418th) with about 30 people total? BAD BAD MLG, BAD PREPARATION

Either you make it equal or you let it bloody go! No use of showing us an unfair fight under bad conditions.

Now to be very clear: I AM NOT CRITICISING THE OUTFITS! AND I LOVE TO USE CAPSLOCK!

The casters barely mention the outfits playing ( no mention at all about UVG and 418th)yes that makes me angry as a UVG member, but not the point

They keep talking about mini skirmishes at cap points ( 1 guy sneaking in, getting killed, big flippin wuuheee).

AxelToss should reallly really start to seriously get his Planetside 2 knowledge up.

ThatguyJax should either not sell himself to help MLG with their little shindig or start to bring MLG Planetside2 to a place where it can be respected as a more competitive aspect of a potentially glorious game.

Both of those casterbots need to learn to focus on tactics and strategy instead of only strategic movement and gimmicky short skirmishes.
    In their defense: They did mention the need for more cameras, the need to improve and the potential of the Nexus gameplay. BUT they drown in it a undeserved praise of MLG and how cool it might become.

Please MLG bots, if you read this, make it happen. Make it good. I wanna watch Outfits fight on the Battleislands in a way at least as interesting as watching a LOL championship.
    You go now. You make happen.

HuntingMaseTv,
    Captain of the Unvanquished Gamers[UVG],
    Ceres

P.s.: Please dont troll. Make it a good discussion.
    p.p.s: May all you Trolls who do burn in gamerhell being stuck on the last level of Tetris for eternity never completing the game, never abled to stop. Dumm-didi-dumm-dididi-didi-dumm-didi-dumm-didumm-didi
    • Up x 1
  2. GSZenith

everyone knows ps2 MLG will be trash. it is kinda like when you go and watch a 2.3/10 rated movie you do it for the lolz and afterward say "yeah that sucked as much as we knew it was gonna"

and ofc can't wait for but with "top" farmoutfits players :rolleyes:

• Up x 1
  3. HuntingMaseTv

Well hope springs eternal after all..... or so they say.
    Anyone know if MLG got exclusive rights to Ps2 Competion Streaming?
  4. Hatamoto

This mustve been a parody of sorts?
  5. ThommiX

I have to agree, really amateurish job from MLG. There was only two cameras and for some unknown reason, they stood on NC side most of the time, who were constantly losing.

Also they could cut the useless chit chat with the commentators and actually focus on the fights. Not just little skirmishes with one guy flipping some point...
    • Up x 2
  6. ThommiX

Forgot to add and now can't edit my previous post anymore:

They do mention the outfits several times, but just the names they were on nexus, The Foundation vs The Realm.
  7. HuntingMaseTv

Well I counted 3 times... might have been once or twice more.... But what is competition without name recognition?
    Instead they go with VS and NC all the time. It would be like watching a LOL match (yes I am aware this is a weird comparison) and them calling the players by roles instead of names...
  8. HuntingMaseTv

[IMG]

Just to make sure you know what I am talking about!
  9. ThommiX

There you go, both outfits mentioned. I don't think they even knew who all were on NC side and for commentators its simply easier to say the outfits few times than go through "NC is formed out of 3 outfits, who are xxx,xxx,xxx"
    After mentioning both sides few times, there is no more need to repeat it.
    Sure they could have said it at the start,maybe, who all were on NC side, if they even knew.

But you were fighting under Realm, not your own outfit tag so i can understand why it was left out.

Next time get UvG there under your own tag and problem is solved.

I'm sorry to say, but you are starting to sound like you just want the attention, i'm really hoping that is not the point of this thread?
  10. HuntingMaseTv

I only responded to your message, because I feel like The Foundation and The Realm are not too long to say. I specifically only mentioned UVG and 418th once to avoid that kind of accusation.

If you feel my criticism of the general way they behave at MLG and want to turn into a paranoid "You only want to be mentioned" post, feel free to. I mean nothing better then seeing my outfits name a few more times eh?

Also, the original request for help came from The Foundation, who werent sure if they could get enough people on short notice.
    We happily agreed to help our fellow VS. Then it turned out that The Realm, who we also like(to kill, I am coming for you KIZZZZ), didnt bring enough people due to the short heads up, so we happily helped them out.

And if you only feel like, that we shouldn't be mentioned: Why not? We participated. We did so without asking for anything. We were glad to help either outfit and my original post was about the way MLG casts, not the mentioning of which Outfits played.

So truly my friend: Why doth thou post thously?
  11. HuntingMaseTv

Oh I am sorry I mentioned UVG twice. Is my argument invalid now?
  12. ThommiX

It's alright to critize MLG and i agree with you that they did amateurish work.

What i meant was your tone on this thread which is starting to sound like only craving for attention.I'm not talking about your outfit, i'm talking about you. That's just how it looks like to me, of course i can be wrong. No need to get the pitchforks and torches.

Never said anything about UvG not to be mentioned. You are mentioned on comments on the youtube and we know that you were there.
    I know we requested more people since it was on such a short notice.That wasn't my point at all.
    Calm down and read again what i posted. I tried to be polite to you, no reason to go up in arms and take it as an attack.

Of course you should be mentioned and you are. At least on comments at youtube. I explained why the commentators left you out. Very simple. I even agreed that they could have mentioned you all at the beginning. Again, simple solution to get your name and outfit shown: Apply for it yourself. This time it went this way on the really short notice we all had.

Again, it could have been done better.
  13. Ash87

Yes and no.

MLG streams MLG Competitive Planetside, which really hasn't gotten going yet, and wont until somewhere around the end of the year by my understanding. What Jax and whoever else does on the war report isn't Placement matches and what have you... it isn't the stuff that actually will determine who gets into the brackets when they actually start Planetside tournaments and whatnot.

There are MULTIPLE community lead competitive streams that are getting going. I know there is a European focused one that's name escapes me, outfit X is doing a competitive 1v1, and Community clash is doing 12v12-24v24-48v48 match-ups (With casters, not 2). I have also heard that some of the larger outfit alliances are trying to start up UES like events that would be recorded.

Then you also have to consider, that with each of these matches you'll have first person cams from people in each of the bigger outfits. For FCRW try itzmurda, for NUC try Zoidbergenstein, and TIW I can't recall off the top of my head but probably Jax. There is usually at least 1 person that does streaming for most of the big name outfits.

So if you are talking about Strictly MLG Competitive placement matches and tournies, MLG probably will have the monopoly. But if you just mean: "Competitive Planetside" then there are about as many options as there are outfits.
    • Up x 1
  14. HuntingMaseTv

I might have misunderstood the "you" as "you the UVG" not as you the player, simply because I personally didnt play in the Report. I couldn't make it. So since we cleared that up and I am obviously not asking for attention. Let's drop it :D

Also, thanks Ash. That is what I wanted to know.