How does this work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NikkoJT, Sep 20, 2013.

1. NikkoJT

[IMG]

Seriously. Everyone goes on about how the NC6 is a godlike sniper killeverything machine, but then this. And don't say "controlled bursts" because I've tried that, and the fire spread on a "controlled burst" is just as bad. Also, stopping to controlled burst with the Gauss SAW's RoF is essentially the same as not firing at all when you're up against a CARV or an ADADing shotgun LA.
  2. IamDH

Those 3 bullets that hit will kill him (trololo)

Bursts DO work when using a saw since the first bullet always hits
  3. P4NJ

It's possible that you're a stormtrooper...
    • Up x 10
  4. FateJH

Moral of the story: Advanced Foregrips are for suckers.
  5. Mr_Giggles

Don't wear Stormtrooper armor when shooting.
  6. gigastar

Exaggeration much?

Also youre meant to pull the gun down when going full auto.
  7. NikkoJT

Not that much.

Look again. The issue is not vertical recoil.
  8. gigastar

You should look at your own exaggerations.

If you were pulling down then no less than a dozen additional shots would have hit.

Of course it could just be that you need to learn to aim.
    • Up x 1
  9. NikkoJT

You're taking the whole thing far too seriously. Of course it's exaggerated. It's self-deprecating humour (admittedly with a fair bit of "why doesn't MINE do that?!", but still...).
    Since we're doing this, though, tomorrow I will record a video of me trying to Gauss SAW. Just to prove the point.
  10. Flashtirade

I honestly don't know what the point of the images is.
  11. MavCooL

Are you drunk while aiming?
    Here's some advice
    1. With SAW u always hav to ADS everytime, never hipfire except CQC in like 5-10m
    2. Shoot in controlled burst like 7 bullet, stop like 1/4 a sec, repeat. Effective in mid range 50-75m ish
    3. Cert it fully. Out of the box SAW is teribble. Compensator, adv.grip is a must. Scope and HVA optional
    4. Stand still and shoot if u can. NEVER JUMP / Hipfire first then ADS that will make your COF big as a planet
    • Up x 2
  12. LowTechKiller

He's just making a joke about how bad his luck has been with the SAW...nothing more.

By the way, don't discount how much latency or lag effects your ability to win gunfights. It may not be your aim after all.
  13. Tragachinos

And I thought I had bad aim....
    Seriously though, I have SAW with foregrip and the pattern isn't that bad as on your picture. Also, what distance is it and were you aiming down sights?
  14. DashRendar

Never use HVA, consider using HS/NV instead of Reflex sights. Problem solved.
  15. JudgeDeath

I like the scientific proof he has provided.
    • Up x 1
  16. Chowley

OP its basically all trolling. Its a diversion tactic from the other empires and the NC its humour or some sort of "look at how MLG I am" thing. It is a very good gun, its a very situational gun, it is certainly not an amazing gun. Can also be a frustrating assist machine.
  17. Nkrisc

Oh god, that text. Yellow text with a blue outline and a terrible font? It almost causes me physical pain to read that.
    • Up x 1
  18. TheAntiFish

I have a square foot of mouse room in my current situation, I cant drag the mouse down enough while tracking a target to keep any semblance of accuracy with the Gauss SAW on full auto.

That said i find it makes a very nice semi-auto plinker. At range anyway. 100rnd magazine and a 6x scope = Mass Harassment. (Does make you a huge target for sniping infils however.)
  19. NikkoJT

Here we go.

Handy fired:hit tally at the end.