Seriously. Hotfix Flares.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NoXousX

Or revert the changes.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather deal with strikers flying through mountains again, because at least my flares were semi-reliable and I didn't have to listen to that incredibly irritating lock-on sound permanently.

It's been a week hasn't it?
    • Up x 25
  2. LowTechKiller

I'd love to see SOE respond by either:

Shut up already...! We've reviewed the logs and flares are working perfectly.
    -or-
    We hear you, and you're right. We're working on a quick fix. It'll be pushed out Friday.

But not just crickets.
  3. RobotNinja

Lol, a week. That's cute. And yet "minor" issues like tanks, esfs, libs, everything, etc. being able to shoot completely through the middle of spawn rooms because shields don't render properly has been an issue for how many months?

Don't worry. SOE will get right on top of fixing flares as soon as they add some more walls, new camo and 10 brand new slightly different variants of weapons we already have 20 variants of.
    • Up x 2
  4. axiom537

FYI, you can stop the lock on beep if you deploy your flairs, once you are glitched...
  5. SNAFUS

Yeah this bug has been getting quite old fast. The only way to even try to avoid it is by popping flares as soon as you get a lock on tone. Really hope SOE just rolls back the changes or fix the dam thing.
  6. Pikachu

Where's my camos?
  7. WaiZen

Pssh! We need more helmets and lumifibers.
  8. Vixxing

As TR you deal with "nicer" Lock-ons and probably 20% as many at that, imagine trying to fly over TR space now, its utterly impossible... (even removed flares for firesuppression) better to have something that works a little than not at all....
  9. Fox Reinhold

It only took like 6 months to semi-fix the striker flying through walls magically... fixing flares is due in 2015.
    • Up x 3
  10. Hoki

And literally every other active vehicle ability while they're at it.

Including at least gate shield diffuser and ejection seat. They don't work either.
  11. Nexium

The only conclusion I can come to is that the bugs with the striker are buried so deep in the game's code that attempting to change anything about it is like pulling a thread that will unravel the entire game.
  12. SNAFUS

Please don't try to turn this into a nerf stryker thread Vixxing. I fly all three factions and the amount of lock ons are pretty much even lately. The issue here is that all lock on based missiles are ignoring flares. That is an issue for all factions and needs to be fixed immediately.
  13. NoXousX

That would require my lib to have flares wouldn't it?
  14. SNAFUS

Curious does the lock warning bug go away when an actual lock is acquired?
  15. SolLeks

I kinda hate how I have gotten so use to this game being buggy, whenever SOE makes a patch I expect more things to be broken than fixed >.>

With these new crops of bugs, some are almost game breaking, when I learned of them my thought was "oh ok, figures."

I don't expect a fix to any of the latest bugs for at least a month ~_~

I swear, its like they don't even test their RCs, and when they are on the test serve and some of the bugs are spotted, they go live anyway instead of just being fixed, put back up on the test server to be re-evaluated and then pushed live if all seems well..... I mean honestly, How hard would it be to get 2 to 3 people on a internal server and go through the weapons list at least. they can use dev hacks to do it super easy even!

I still find it kinda funny that these latest patches came through after the SOE layoffs, which are apparently mostly QA and cust serv possessions, correlation? causation? just a coincidence? who knows.

Of course I expect a few bugs to get through, but the latest few hot patches have been worse than any game I have played in memory.
  16. Mustarde

they should have just stayed on optimization and left things be until that was done. the hotfix was a half-baked patch that broke the game in several ways, some of which like the flare issue, still haven't been addressed. As much as I want new content and continued game development, I'm satisfied waiting until this optimization run is complete before getting bad patches.

I don't fly, but I seriously sympathize with the pilots.
  17. NoctD

Anyone remembers how long the Annihilator was broken and firing blanks? It was like 2-3 GUs.
  18. IamDH

Lol really? I wasnt there before like GU9
  19. NoctD

It was a long long time, more than 1/2 the shots fired were blanks.

Lock-ons have been problematic for SOE, they can't ever seem to get them perfected, and if they touch them, a ton of things go wrong. Few people used the Annihilator though at this point, since it got nerfed hard, but it was immensely frustrating, lock and fire vapor was what it did a ton.
  20. SolLeks

A2AM did this for quite a while also. I don't remember how long ago that was exactly though.