Annoyed to Hell

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkCause, Sep 18, 2013.

1. DarkCause

It has came to my attention for the last thousand or more time, that having the ability to play any faction on the same server with 2 or more char shouldn't be aloud. Here is some reasons this should be locked because I see it on a daily bases.

1. Opposing faction members joining your faction to ghost our plans to the enemy. {spies}
    2. Opposing faction members joining your faction to intentionally team kill to gain an advantage or to annoy.
    3. Dropping from one faction to another faction and overpopulating that faction. Even during alerts regardless of the exp nerf. Still a chance for free domination credits.
    4. Seems very unbalanced.

Again, as an example if I just got tired of going pew pew on VS and wanted a striker I can just go to TR faction, on the same server, and tada.

If I got tired of getting killed repeatedly or wanted to annoy the other faction, I could just join their's and run a gal into their air, Tank mine their sundies and leave laughing as my dedicated faction got an advantage over the enemy.

I see this everyday and night, random low level members blowing up our own sundy, running over players and purposely annoying. If anything this is just as bad as cheating.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ronin Oni

Free2Make accounts....

can't be stopped.

Also, what about Australians? if they want to play a different faction they have to delete their character or play with lag?

What about server merges, what happens to people who had a character on Waterson and Jaeger when they were merged? More merges are highly likely.

Report the low rank saboteurs.
    • Up x 3
  3. Sen7rygun

Great idea Op! Arbitration and limitations on players choices are surely the best way to ensure the long term success of a multi player game. Just to be extra fair and dictatorial they should stop players from playing classes, pulling vehicles and using weapons in the field that are over represented too!

"Welcome to Totalitariandictatorshipside 2: Here is your battle rifle with a flashlight, suppressor and maximum zoom optics. No HV ammo by the way, its important that you use the least played weapon in the field for balance purposes. Your class for this session will be infiltrator, you have a standard hand grenade, no AP mines and a advanced shield capacitor too. Oh by the way, theres a slight faction imbalance today so we're giving you a 15% damage nerf. ENJOY YOUR GAME SUCKER!"
  4. wolfva

Sen, hyperbole much? "NO! We must kill the OP! He wants to take away our RIIIIGHTS!!!!"

I'm with the OP. I remember in DAoC you could only play on 1 realm per server. You could roll as many characters as the limit allowed, but only on that realm. Want to play a different realm? You simply went to another server. No muss. No fuss. No "EGADS! They're trying to ENSLAAAAVE us!!!" bs. It seemed to work pretty good. And in DAoC, you couldn't even TALK to the other realms! All their comments came out as, "So and so said something in a language you don't understand."

If anything, it actually made for a stronger community. Because we were invested in our realm. We couldn't just go, "Oh noes! They have 2% more pop then us! I might actually have to <shudder> WORK to win in a fight! I better join the more powerful side ASAP because who cares about the realm!" Instead, we fought, we planned, we <GASP!> worked together even. And often we'd kick the tar out of the 'larger' side using tactics and planning. You know...2 of the things that many people lament are in short order in PS2? Heck, when an enemy did a relic raid even many die hard anti-PVPers would rush out to help defend. Some of them wouldn't fight, but they'd heal, rez people, buff, carry lumber to repair the walls and doors (at one time it took a LOT of wood to repair a keep), donate money to the effort, etc. We worked together. We were a Realm. We were one. Something that is sorely lacking in PS2, where people flock to whichever side has the most people so they can get easy kills rather then actually fighting for them.
    • Up x 2
  5. Flashtirade

Where's that Higby quote about his observations on fourth factioning, I get the feeling a lot of people haven't read it yet.
  6. DarkCause

might as well make 5 factions then....or just go blow up some loaded sundies while playing as the enemy...sounds legit XD...of course I normally just suicide/tank mine sundies on a daily basis. Of course everyone has an opinion...thats why world has to have some order or we'll just be like planetside without the spawning lol.
  7. Chipay

you mean this?
    • Up x 2
  8. ArmedGoose

What we need the most is an active-alert faction lock like so:
    * One minute before "incoming alert" your account gets locked to the faction you are currently playing.
    * If its a global alert you are faction locked everywhere - if its a regional alert you are only locked for that continent.
    * Lock lasts as long as the alert is running; after that you are again free to choose as you please.

This would not balance out total population imbalances of course - for that we need something different. Soon.
    But I dare to say this would stop at least 2/3 of the alert switchers; many, many ppl are lazy and made all chars on one same account...
    • Up x 1
  9. Lafri

Sounds like a cool game, can I buy a adv. flashlight with smedbucks?

Yea DAoC was a great game, played it for years.The community and "we as a realm" came from having to work for your char with at least 3 days+ of playtime involved before you could be useful in RvR. Also relicts meant something and every successful raid was celebrated. Remember how every lvl5+ char ran to the borderkeep or relict keep to witness how the big guys bring home the precious relict?

Now take PS2, create a br1 char, you are 80% set, throw in 51 certs for a scope, and NW2 you are 90% set. Everything else are minor improvements. Even a bad stock tank is better than no tank at all and capable of killing any enemy.
    Locking a Continent? Nobody cares. Getting warpgated? Nobody cares. Winning/losing a alert? Nobody cares.
    PS2 has no place or reason to celebrate an accomplishment as a faction, they just don't exist.
  10. Chipay

What about paying members, they are discriminated by this, while free players can just play on another account?
  11. ArmedGoose

Nothing is stopping a "paying member" from doing the same as the freebies and get a second account if he really wants to be play 4th faction professionally...
  12. Cascinovva

They could easily lock out your IP from signing into into the same server with a different faction for a couple hours. That's all it would take.
  13. Mr_Giggles

Well that'll hold them for about 15 seconds.
  14. Chipay

It's not stopping them, it's discriminating them, a member with a subscription pays for extra char slots (which he can't use since they're getting locked all the time)
  15. ArmedGoose

Discriminating? Hardly... additional char slots are only one (rather small if I might add) member benefit. Which btw any "freebie" account can purchase, too, and then be in the same boat.

No matter how you put it you wont get any sympathy from me for 4th faction alert switchers - many of them ruin and abuse the current system. Mostly on purpose and simply because it's possible. That has to change.