[Suggestion] Alert certs.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ENGTX, Sep 18, 2013.

1. ENGTX

so i played 45 last min of a alert . and when alert ends , i got 3 cert with 50%xp. you serious?:confused:
    also many times when i random disconnection , while i playing a alert from start . when i join in and get only the remaining time of alert . i cant play all alert then game crash and i get back in and dont get the real cert i must take . bring back the old alert benefit .
  2. lyravega

Here is a better suggestion: get rid of alerts all together till the balance problems are fixed. All alerts do at the moment is to reward the faction with higher player numbers, and a zerg mentality with half a combined brain.
  3. ENGTX

i was so close to give up this game . then alerts came and the real play came . big fights . zerg . better .
    main problem . not my fault that so many dont know , that this is a huge teamplay game .Outfits _squads _ platoons-Alert goal .
  4. LowTechKiller

Did your faction win the alert?
    You get 20% extra XP while you're participating in the alert, and then at the end, just the winners get the bonus Certs and XP.
    Also, everyone was complaining so much about faction hoppers, SOE made the "winner's" awards based on how many minutes you played that faction during the alert.
    That's what happens, we complain and things change. Can't have it both ways, so be careful what you whine for.
  5. Mr_Giggles

I would like to quickly say that I love your sig. So fitting.

But I don't believe your statement that you only received 3 certs for 45 minutes of gameplay. Just doesn't sound right. Since you would want the old system back where is was only based on who had what when the timer ran out I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the 45 minutes was really 45 seconds. The time you spent logged in as the winning team.
  6. Solo59486

At the end of an alert everyone gets the xp regardless of who won, but you only get the amount as how ever much territory or base you own and based on how long you were online during the alert. The ony time only the winners get the xp Is if its a dominating victory.
  7. LowTechKiller

Everyone gets 20% higher XP while participating in the alert.
    Then the winners get bonus XP and Certs based on how many minutes they participated in the victory, right?
    That was SOE's way of combating faction jumpers in the last minutes of the alerts.
  8. ENGTX

next time check level of player , before you cal him amateur .
  9. ENGTX

45min before alert end, is last minute . you serious?
  10. cyb_

If the alert was territory control then this could have happend:

Your empire had 20% of the territory at the end. 20% of 10000 XP is 2000 XP. Let us say you were online the half of the alert, 50% of 2000 XP is 1000 XP: you get 4 certs at the end.