Dominance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saltydbs, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Rene Korda

Part of what we're seeing comes from TR currently having very strong warpgates. After the rotation the event score might change somewhat.

Still, the whole idea of scoring based on territory control 24/7 without any control for population disparities is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  2. Delnar_Ersike

The odd thing is, SOE announced the World Domination scoring system at least a week before it started, and people immediately started to complain it favors overpop empires and offer all sorts of easy-to-implement suggestions on how to fix it. Yet they went ahead regardless, as if they don't read forums (but I know they do, seeing various dev/mod posts from time to time), and here we are, two weeks later: forumside's basic predictions of the event becoming lopsided turned out to be correct, and SOE still hasn't moved an inch from their original plan.
    • Up x 1
  3. SirIBON

As Vanuplayer on Miller i had the same fears. And it comes true :)
    A lot of people see the problem, but we have no real solution for that.

Friends want to play with Friends. They mostly join the same Fraction, should they wait for a place in a fraction to start playing? No they want to try it now and if they have fun, then they will stay. Otherwise they will leave and are lost for PS2.
    4th Fractioners, they join the winning Team - Easymode. (have and get a lot of own Posts)

All cheap restriction will not stop a player who wants something like this (e.g. second Account) you have to go to their belief. As long the the overpopulated fraction think this is nice and the better way to earn what they want.
    In most cases this are EXP and the Certs that results from it. They will do it. Their own advancement is important, what to a fraction happen is to them unimportant.

Read the Classes forum there are a lot of Tips how you get certs. Most of them are very cheap. Rezgren without certed Tool, UBGL with ammopack (we meet these guys inside of a spawn shooting from outside on us), aso

As long the people play for Certs, they will not change the way.
    With this Event the 4th fractioners and the Overpopulated fraction get in addition a bonus, that will give them even more certs, but will they have more fun?
    Some of the underpopulated fraction player left Miller, or in worster case change the fraction to the overpopulated one.
    It is not necessary to show me one of the few pictures that show an other fraction with a bigger population at a special timestamp :) We all nearly know the truth.

PIC (cant upload it here) screenshot from: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/wds
    Is a Timestamp 2013-09-18 9:30 EST and the Weekview with a special Fokus for Miller (EU Server)
    NC: 6.425
    TR: 11.444
    VS: 6.092
    As most from Miller see the TR is less then the both other Fractions together in this week. Usually they are even more on Miller.
    The Worlddomination of all server Together shows:
    NC: 29%
    TR: 40%
    VS: 30%
    What happen to the last 1% i dont know :) Very funny for a pie chart, at least for me.
    I had sum up the Values it is a kind of a round-off error.
    NC: 29,41%
    TR: 40,23%
    VS: 30,35%
    All round down.

Let us see what happen. Maybe we have fun, maybe the Zerglings win.
    One thing is sure, as Miller Vanu we have enough Enemies to shoot at. That cant the TR fraction not say :)