World Domination Series Scores

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ItsJustDash, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Nocturn0l

Connery is the only one left not lead by TR, props to Connery VS! Don't stop whatever you're doing!
  2. Ghosty11

What like "TR Punching Bag - I Play The Underpop Faction"?;)
  3. Malorn

I find the Miller score interesting. Similar score to Waterson only it doesn't have a significant population skew. One day of data is hardly a good sample though.

I'm excited to see how things play out over the next few days and how the players react to the early numbers. Are the Waterson NC and VS going to roll over or are they going to divert more efforts against TR? And are the Miller TR onto something or are we seeing normal variance? Time will tell...
    • Up x 3
  4. Larek

Can we now have the "dominating victory" screen, please, to get over with this nonsense event. No? Damn!
    Luckily, I have a membership with 6 Charakterslots. (3 american, 3 european, different servers ofc, I'm not a 4th factioner ), and two TR toons. Theoretically I should get 2 Boosts per week, so I can upgrade my NC main with, if so i should create more TR toons. Hopefully they are not character bound or is it one per account?.
  5. NoctD

So you're saying, this is all one big social experiment! Interesting! :)
  6. TheFencer0

...Are you serious? Really? The NC/VS of Waterson are damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Fight just the TR? The TR switches between attacking us and them, and effectively gets double the points from capping that we would.

Go as normal? That clearly has worked out in the past and will not lead to a TR victory?

Roll over and die? Hell, plenty of 4th factioners have already done that for us.

It's not a matter of if the TR will win -- they will, and you're either a fool or a troll if you say otherwise. It's not defeatist. It is a truth that we've been saying for months (just that it has come to a head with this). Just watch the population spike whenever the TR start winning an alert.

The NC will fight. I will fight. Either that, or we come up with a creative protest to the whole darn thing. This WDS is a farce, whether is was designed intentionally to give the TR free stuff or just accidentally did so because SOE didn't think about it. I feel the former is much more likely than the latter, but who's to say that we should blame malice when incompetence will suffice?

This game can still be great. Reign in empire imbalance. Reign in pop imbalance. Tell MLG to wait their freakin' turn. They can have the game once it's playable for the rest of us who will spend more money on it than MLG ever will.
    • Up x 6
  7. Grossalaud

Easy: Tte answer is NO!
  8. Ghosty11

Every body re-rolls TR to get their freebies is the answer you are looking for. Very few people want to play on the losing side when out numbered 2:1 or more. As in-faction alliances never last very long and certainly not long enough to see the end of this event.

PS - Waterson NC would fight each other if they could, how long do you think an alliance with the VS would last? But to be fair to the NC I would rather fight them than 30 Prowlers and Vulcan Harassers and 10 mossies in addition to the 2 platoons of infantry that show up at most bases the TR invades on Waterson.
  9. BloodMonarch

A lot of people are probably just in game doing what they normally do, looking for a good fight and not really caring about the WDS. I do think that it would help if the scores were available in game, both for the server you're on and the total score for all worlds. I was just on Miller and whilst Vanu were making a decent effort of attacking TR on Indar, we had probably half our force attacking VS.

I saw no orders commands directing anyone to do anything regarding the WDS, and the impression I got, is no one really cared. Perhaps its because they think that TR have won already, perhaps a lot of people don't really know about the WDS, hence the suggestion to have it displayed in game
    • Up x 1
  10. nooblet91698

The TR are winning by 10,000 points as of now.....why am I not surprised? :confused:
  11. Drsexxytime

Or are they going to pre-order BF4 with premium since they don't have to worry about population/faction imbalances going unchecked and get fresh content every few months? It'll be interesting to see for sure.
  12. Ghosty11

We could always just cheese the system in an unsportsman like manner by having the Waterson NC and VS base trade! ;):eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. Odin

With current imbalance with nc mediocre weapons the trend will not change, nc will be dead last on every server most likely as well as overall.
    The fact that we lose almost every alert, every community clash to date and the fact that nc are dead last in vehicle, infantry and air performance metrics ought to light a fire under the devs. But alas its been months I expect to see nc getting teeth kicked in till at least next year.
    Really boggles my mind how long these public data dumps have been available yet the dev team is oblivious.
    I know they are busy but wow, nc needs to be in first place in one category. Out of all infantry classes, tanks and aircraft (all types) nc is dead last in every one except 2 and were tied for last. Ugg
  14. TheFencer0

I'm sorry, I am not one of those people. I believe I should play fair, and not abuse exploits.
  15. CrossFire

Ineresting?! Look carefully and you will find the truth: TR OVERPOP, and there's nothing interesting.

back 2 q3 =( asus l@n i miss you =(
  16. Ghosty11

Oh believe me I'm right there with you, but that's the only way in which the VS and NC could cheat the TR zerglings of their guaranteed victory, because "diverting more efforts to fighting the TR" will actually inflate their scores by the rules of this contest.
  17. Myka

Did you really just say Miller doesn't have a significant population skew?

Dear god. Those of us who play on it most nights would like a word with you, I think. Worse though, is that you either can't, or won't, see it. That bit just blows my mind. All this rage, all these complaints, and you STILL don't see it.

Abandon all hope ye who enter Miller.
    • Up x 5
  18. skarnoff

The funniest part is that he says there is no population skew.... 36-40% is not a skew ?!?

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php

19. Being@RT

Miller doesn't have significant population skew?
    How are you measuring this?
    Can we have all the data too?

Are you considering only this instant? And while NC and TR are balanced in population at this moment, this is not representative of normal populations. And even if it were, how could you possibly consider 29% Vanu as not skewed? And to further prove the point about this not being the status quo population: NC and VS have more or less equal points.

And if you can't answer these questions satisfactorily, can we at least have what you ate/smoke/drank?

edit: lately it seems that the best move SOE could make right now is forbid every employee from communicating with the playerbase. That way we might at least cling to hope for a while longer and maybe a miracle happens before we all quit.
  20. NoctD

Btw - anyone amazed at how close NC and VS scores are? I expected VS to be a solid 2nd, but they're neck and neck!