NC should leave Waterson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrazyMike, Sep 16, 2013.

1. CrazyMike

:) I am officially switching servers. And if paying to switch servers ever becomes available so be it. But this level 62 NC is throwing in the towel. NC are non present. TR have every continent, every pop advantage and dominating victory on every alert. Matherson for me, see you there ! Or not.
  2. IamDH

No server transfers must NOT work like that.

It should only transfer from overpop to underpop

You're just making it worse
    • Up x 5
  3. Chipay

TR average population on every server: 36%
    VS average population on every server: 31%
    NC average population on every server: 33%
    (keep in mind that there are no servers with 'different' population issues anymore, most servers follow these %)

This means that for most cases:
    TR can't switch because they're the overpop on most servers (an underpop TR server is as good as non existent anyway)
    VS can't switch because they're the underpop on most servers (a VS overpop server is very rare anyway)
    NC can't switch because they're not overpop or underpop and needed as much on their own server as any other (NC has a population that switches from overpop to underpop depending on the hour, but are for the most part between the TR and VS pop.)

Server transfers can't change these global %, this is an issue where more players choosing/sticking to TR than VS.
  4. EViLMinD

Perhaps, SOE could dissolve Waterson and give the players the option to choose between Connery or Matherson. I'm sure both servers could handle/benefit from it. I doubt that allowing transfers from Waterson to Connery would create a problem. Would sure be ideal for me if I could move West.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pirbi

NC are supposed to be the ones that head into the tough fights. May as well have Vanu smile upon you.
  6. Giggily

Oh, you're transferring off Waterson? Have fun playing NC on Mattherson or Connery.
  7. Mr_Giggles

Yeah screw that. I'm waiting to transfer my NC and VS FROM Connery to Waterson. Why? Because Connery sucks. It's almost mind boggling watching the NC work sometimes. As an example, the last weekend I played I spent several minutes watching our only sundy jam itself further into a tight spot by the point. As it was doing so troops continued to run up to it to see what was happening and they would promptly get ran over. How it even got into the base is beyond me because this was Esamir. Who needs enemies when you have allies like that.
  8. Lampenfieber

4th Faction again, this time VS side...alots of VS pubs zerging like crazys, kill 1 and they keep coming... was a simple case of no more bullets case.

But i agree, NC in Indar at least, should stop to play, TR and VS only attack NC in Indar

Btw hey SOE, where is the optimization? there is the changes? where is hossin? where is the roadmap? where are you?!
  9. GamerOS

I have to say, for TR players, and players in general, who benefit from these pop issues it's rather easy to say that people should stay and not make it worse.

But what do they gain from staying? The awesome experience of fighting uphill battles constantly against odds one would call suicidal? It's not fun having few people to fight for the over-pop faction sure, but it's a hell lot worse to constantly lose and get kicked when you're down.

And then you hear the over-pop faction say "Don't leave! we need you!" while they enjoy another victory and receive yet another gift of certs trough an alert just for the shear fact that they got more people online and all the under-pop guys can think is "**** that ****, I play this game to have fun, and I'm not having it, I'm switching sides/server or quitting".

I'm not blaming you, I know from the forums you're a nice guy, but every time I hear someone say these things I just get pissed off now.

(not to mention, TR are over pop on most servers, NC aren't over pop on any servers, their are no NC to transfer from a over pop server to an under pop server and their is not TR under pop server you could transfer to, besides why would you transfer as TR?)
    • Up x 1
  10. libbmaster

I'm staying. And I'm playing with the friggin' vanu.
    I can clearly remember where we (for once) got 60% population at Hvar when the TR were trying to take it and we still lost.

Yeah, TR has pop - superiority on Waterson. And yes that makes it tough. I personally am working with some friends to establish an outfit to try and fight back.

What are you doing about it? At least your side isn't so brutally out numbered all the time...
  11. Zexis

I'm trying to decide if I should feel guilty as a TR. But I just started this game less than a week ago and picked TR because a) my friends play TR and told me to pick them and b) I like the armor, the color scheme, the soundtrack.
  12. Brayton

Waterson is getting better though. We're now tying against the TR instead of ******* losing everytime.

Seriously people, it takes time.
    • Up x 2
  13. Tommyp2006

are you kidding? You guys kicked some serious *** yesterday, TR had no idea where that came from. You won won alert, and only tied a second one by 15 minutes. When you guys put an actual attempt in, you don't do all that bad, and you had a pop advantage for a large part of the day.
    • Up x 2
  14. Brayton

Seriously, Amarish was beutiful when PHX and pubs were just standing on the ridge infront of the TR warp gate blowing the **** out of those Galaxies.

It was amazing.
  15. IamDH

I can see what you mean but server transfers are being added to fix the problem. This will just escalate it

Is being underpopped unfun? Yes, yes it is

Now we could either let them join other overpop servers or let the overpop servers join them

I think the latter is better
  16. IamDH

Oh wow :S

So TR are overpop on all servers? :O

Only way to fix that is give VS/NC a buff or something
  17. Chipay

Not at all, NC's population is fine (although their overall performance is a bit lacking, they'd probably need some overall good weapons instead of niche only)
    and VS' performance is between NC and TR.

I mostly think it's just because of the North warpgate, if the rotation or the future 'Alert drama' fix doesn't change the numbers, then it'll be time to talk about balancing factions.
  18. Drsexxytime

Hahaha... NC on Mattherson. If you're upset now, you'd be more upset to spend money to go NC on Mattherson and deal with the same nonsense there. It's either VS or TR, depending on if the VS are playing their mains or TR alts at the time. Also, the amount of cheaters on VS especially is incredible. Errr, I mean, every member of the top VS outfits are the best players in gaming. All are capable of 100% accurate 180 degree headshots. They're incredibly tactically orientated, outsmarting you by knowing where you are in buildings, behind rocks/walls, at all times.
  19. EViLMinD

You don't want to bring your NC to Waterson. Trust me, you don't. Connery NC can't be any worse than Waterson's.
    • Up x 2
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

[IMG]
    • Up x 5