What will SOE do about tank killers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Sep 15, 2013.

1. LowTechKiller

I'm just saying that you live and die by the tank, so it seems that you took him destroying it a little too seriously.
    Respawn and kill him...kill him twice, and then move on.

I don't quite understand why someone would destroy a friendly vehicle just because its secondary seat was locked, so it's possible he read something else into the situation. Maybe you accidentally ran over him while he was standing there spamming his "E" key, or maybe there were a few words exchanged...who knows? But I can tell you that his reaction isn't the norm. But I also don't think your subsequent reaction was the norm either.
  2. Rendezvous

Does my killboard say I killed him before he blew my tank with a mine? I also stated I never interacted with that person. That means I never spoke to him or met him. He just blew my tank up. What do I need to talk to a BR 25 for?
  3. Rendezvous

After he blew my tank, I respawned on a sundy. I go back into the fight after walking and there he was again firing in my direction so I shot him back. Medics revive him, he points his gun on me so I shot him. I did it repeatedly at times to prevent him from getting back up and chasing me. Also, the other friendly who killed me took his words "I didn't blow his tank up." and decided to side with him. So if somebody attempts to kill you after you try to get back into the fight on feet, would you think that he would stop? Especially when he's telling people he didn't blow anything up and that I"m lying. Might as well stop him before he actually gets you.

Maybe you should question why he had the need to blow my tank up in the first place and lying to people. I'm not the one who goes around killing people because they don't play the game my way. I only go after those who griefs others. He's a BR 25. I'm a BR 59 with a BR 78 NC. What makes you think I would die once to him when I'm alerted of my surroundings after he blew my tank? The most he would get would be a few shots taking my shields down. In the end, he just took a load of my bullets for trying to repeatedly chase me down and getting people to side with him.

It's your choice if you believe I want something from him. I don't want anything from a BR 25. That means I don't want him to gun for me nor do I want to play with him because he probably doesn't know what to do yet in the game if he's a new player. Now if I kept repeatedly letting him free shoot me, maybe you would believe he did in fact, go after me. But because I've been playing longer, I have more experience with the feel of TR and NC guns.
  4. Liberty

The solutions here aren't all that hard.

Want to run a solo tank? Pull a lightning.

If you pull a MBT and end up with a noob in the gunner seat, take all of 20 seconds to explain what the weapon/load out is for. 9 out of 10 times a bit of polite communication keeps me from having to boot a random gunner that hops in.

Its as simple as "We are going tank hunting, try to focus fire on any tanks I'm engaging. Feel free to pick off any close infantry that come our way but when you hear me spot a tank, look around and try to focus on that" In the end, there is a good chance you will create a better player for your empire, and one less angry person who is going to TK you. Win, win.
  5. Hoki

6. Hoki

I doubt it was intentional unless you were rude or something. People don't just blow up friendly vehicles because they are locked.

Itt this story is incomplete or it was an accident.
  7. Spookydodger

If I'm in the middle of the battle, the time it takes to do that spells my death. Besides, it doesn't differentiate between friendlies and enemies in the chat list, so I'm as likely to apologize to an enemy for killing them.

A few games before have had /forgive and /punish mechanics. Add to that a /oops and at least it gives an easy way to apologize to people for the devs making it 100x easier to run over friendlies in a Magmower than enemies.
  8. Ripshaft

So, you're implying that SOE should dedicate resources to a person problem of a very small group of 12 year olds that happens very rarely?

I would have to disagree, doesn't make sense to dedicate any resources to something insignificant to the game as a whole.
  9. Gustavo M

So s/he gets angry and TK's you back. And you get even more angry and TK him again. So he can TK you again. And you TK him back. So on and so forth.
    I'd rather just leave him alone with his illusion of superiority because he beat my character's pixels in a videogame.
  10. Rendezvous

Like I said, what does a BR 25 have that I want? I'm just playing getting my certs and all of a sudden it tells me a TR killed me with a tank mine. Why do I need to talk to the BR 25 in the first place? There are people who just blow other people's vehicles up because they themselves can't use it. Explain to me how it could've been an accident when I was the only vehicle near him and there were no tank mines initially when I arrived at that position.

So to answer your question, no I've not interacted with that player in any way and no, it wasn't an accident. He even lied to players saying he didn't blow anything up if you haven't read that part.
  11. LT_Latency

I only lock my vehicle if I have spot reserved for a friend and have never been TKed for it.

Other then that, No idea why you would not want a gunner unless you have a crappy gun on the top of your tank.

It's always free points and free repairs for your tank. I am always happy to have someone in my gun even if they suck.

If you want to be stealth, just say on your mic. "Hey man don't shoot so we can sneak up on this tank" and they won't shoot.
  12. Hoki

I've blown up several vehicles on accident, **** happens. I've even dropped tank mines on a sunderer before on accident when trying to repair.

I've shot at enemies that are near tanks and somehow set off the C4 giving me a TK.

I think the worst time was when I tk'd someone on accident, hit alt to message sorry, then when trying to get mouse to work again after sending a message, fired a rocket into a medic.

Then another time when I had lost my homekey position and tossed a grenade into a crowded teleporter room, that one didn't make me popular.
  13. Rendezvous

I stated in my previous posts that the guy was shooting me even after I respawned when I tried to get back into the fight as an infantry. This ignited me into killing him numerous times to prevent him from chasing me. I also said that he lied to people around him to make him look good. That was not an accident on his part.
  14. Necron

It's totally personal choice... you don't HAVE to kill them, but I make asshats pay for their crimes.
  15. SniperCzar

Fortunately, NC tank drivers don't have this problem. The few times I've had a friendly try and C4 me I've flipped my Vanguard shield and promptly headshotted them with an AP round for their trouble.

That, and our MBT secondaries suck.
  16. Quigby

You TK'd him 8 times....Kinda ruined your moral high ground there...
  17. NC_agent00kevin

I'll TK a 'allied' tank if he rams me to death somehow, smooshes me in a Max Suit, or does the same to anyone in my Outfit without pressing V then 8 at very least. Its two buttons, and I can hit them in the midst of the most frantic tank battles. If I dont see that pop up in chat, you're dead. Dead, dead, dead. Had a VS guy come blasting through a field of allied Infantry a couple days ago and killed my Max I had literally just pulled. I gave him a few to apologize, and when he didnt, I hunted his careless scrub *** down and blew up his tank. He then proceeded to rage /tell me about how I was going to get banned for retaliating and his was an accident. He said, 'accidents happen; its unavoidable'

They certainly are avoidable when it happened because you carelessly blasted across a field full of allied Infantry headed to the cap point. I have literally in 82 Battle Ranks as an NC never, ever just drove full speed through allies. Ive smooshed an Engie here and there by accident; and I always apologize. I press V+8 every time a single bullet of mine hits an ally, even if he stepped in front of the stream of bullets. His fault, but I let off M1 and say sorry anyway. Sometimes Ill talk in proxy chat too.

I dont ram allied tanks. I dont reverse at full speed without looking behind me when a single tank shell hits me. I dont shell buildings full of allies. I dont throw nades into cap points we've already stormed. I friggin slam on the brakes when Im cruising down the road if an squishy little meatbag runs in front of me. If you cant be bothered to hit V + 8 when you screw me over, you best bet Im coming for you. I go through a lot more hassle to make sure I dont screw someone else over. If you're going to be unaware and careless, at least apologize for it.

Killing someones tank for locking their gun? Not cool, and unacceptable.
  18. LynxFury

Not hard to say...."sorry reserved for squad mate."

I kick people who don't have comms as well. If you can't communicate than you can't do team work, if you don't want team work don't jump on a a crewed vehicle's gun.
  19. Rendezvous

Did you not read what I've been telling other people? He still tried to go after me after I respawned so I had to keep him down. Did you expect me to lose a low BR in a gun fight?

@ LynxFury

If I set my tank to squad/platoon only, the person can't get in in the first place so how am I supposed to know who's trying to get into my tank? I'm not kicking people out, I'm locking my tank to specific people only.
  20. LowTechKiller

To answer your question though...I'm not sure what SOE will do about tank killers.
    When it occurs in the game, you use the /report function to report the offender. Then you'll get an automated response that says they'll look into it, but not to expect any further responses.
    I've also read in SOE's rules that they'll review logs, etc...including the actions of the other parties before they make a judgement.
    Honestly though, of all the people who post here about being wrongfully banned or suspended, I've never seen one that was for team killing. They're always for cheating.
    My guess is that SOE doesn't really get involved in these types of things unless it becomes an ongoing problem.