Prone Position in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by moto6727, Sep 14, 2013.

1. moto6727

They should make prone position in Planetside 2.
    How many of you agree with me
    • Up x 8
  2. ThreePi

Its not going to happen.
    • Up x 6
  3. DMan6505

No
    • Up x 6
  4. Pikachu

Has been suggested millions of times.SOE doesnt like it because it would slow down the game they say, and it that it would require lots of coding.
  5. DashRendar

NO NO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kodaa

NO. I'M NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN MY REASONS FOR OPPOSING THIS IDEA, I'M JUST GOING TO SPEW MY OPINION AND LEAVE.

Oh, sorry. I just realized a few people posted similar responses. I thought I was being original. Again, my apologies.

Edit: Allow me to try again:

"NO, WE CAN'T HAVE X IN PLANETSIDE BECAUSE COD AND BATTLEFIELD ALSO HAVE X, AND THOSE ARE HORRIBLE TRASH NOOB GAMES" said every tired, cliche FPS gamer ever.
    • Up x 5
  7. KAHR-Alpha

Yeah we're going to see the usual idiotic arguments here.

I'm for prone.
    And operation flashpoint had it, CoD argument is moot.
    • Up x 4
  8. EmmeraldWeapon

You can't have prone in planetside 2! How would the TR fire off their primary weapon, the ML-7?
    • Up x 1
  9. Maidere

Prone kinda ruined BF series (at least made it significantly worse).
  10. Lafri

Prone, also cool would be a invincible gunship after 10 kills you know for momomomomomomoooooonster kiiiiiill or a tactical nuke, kill a whole continent b00000m`, bunny hopping and also a throwing knifz0r pl0x?
    doIfitinyet?.jpg
    • Up x 1
  11. KAHR-Alpha

It was there since BF42.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kodaa

Never saw that one coming.
    • Up x 3
  13. Madcat9

Only if stomping someone to death is allowed for prone enemies. If I run in through a doorway and someone is prone next to it trying to camp I should be able to put my boots to use and stomp them to death.
    • Up x 3
  14. Sen7rygun

Yeah.. Because Desert Combat, Battlefield 2 and 2142 are remembered by everyone as the failures of the series /facepalm.

I wouldn't mind having prone in the game, but as mentioned above it would slow down infantry combat a lot, every noob and his dog would be playing bolt action sniper and there would be constant nerf calls for vehicles due to the insane amount of sun bather road kills.
    • Up x 2
  15. KAHR-Alpha

While we're at it, I'd also like to have the ability to lean. I'd also like real magazines instead of the arcadish ammo pool, but that'd be pushing it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Joe_da_cro

prone sucks because in most games it is implemented badly. and if the PS2 devs would implement it there is a high chance that it will be unused and implemented to be a nuisance to the end user than actual fun.
  17. Axehilt

Wouldn't require "lots" of coding. It would just be bad for gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  18. Sen7rygun

Out of interest, what games is it badly implemented in?
  19. FateJH

Might require a lot of coding; and, they'll break five other things in the process, not to be heeded until the GU goes live though it was flagged on the PTS. This is SOE we're talking about here.

Let's start with simple questions, the kinds of things you would expect to see on a prposal: in what situations in the game would the prone system benefit gameplay? it what situations would the prone system impact your ability to perform basic game functions as they exist? what would going prone do that standing or kneeling does not? what are the limitations of being prone in and of itself (e.g., what can the player not do while prone)?
  20. St0mpy

campers wanting to camp better? its a no from me, the scale is too big here