is this game still going strong?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShiroiKiri, Sep 11, 2013.

1. ShiroiKiri

hello i just started playing this game recently i join the connery server so far i love it its amazingly HUGE the scale of everything and all that anyways i want to invest in the shop and buy some things for my character and i dont really want to spend money on this game if its just a cash cow and they dont update it or anything will they add more factions or new vehicles in the future ect ect ect because i want to play this for a long time
  2. DJPenguin

You picked a good time to start playing. Enjoy the **** show.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gustavo M

well you can always you know play the game but oh hey the game is so nice you should try it out every thing is not necessary you can play the game with what you got with no problems every class is balanced everything is under control please go ahead and try it out
  4. KenDelta

Game still in development and going stronk tho it's not the best time to join this game , but yea it's going strong for the upcoming 2-3 years , just don't bother going on forums there is a lot of negative posts and such.
  5. IamDH

Haha lol worst time to join the game.
    Hopefully next patch will be better

Yes this game is going well and updates are on the roadmap however the planetside team is currently focusing on optimization.
  6. DuckSauce

If by "going strong" you mean "going hard" and by "going hard" you mean "Vanu dubstep party" then yes!

(credit to this impeccable gentleman)
  7. Deronok

It could be worse. It could be WW2 online.
  8. Hoek

I'd suggest you play it without investing anything to it for a couple of weeks and see how it works for you. The reason is that the gameplay is really hollow and repetitive. You see most of your game time will be spent on camping spawn rooms one after the other. You will realize this as soon as the initial excitement wears off.

I heard SOE is "optimizing" the game which I suppose means that this is THE gameplay they've come up with and it's not going to change in the future. Yes, it's a pity since you'll get really bored really fast. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd not be playing the game after 1 month.
  9. Pirbi

Lone wolf for a bit. Insert into some random platoons a bit. Then join a good outfit. Adds a lot.
  10. PhilDun

The dev team seems to be a skeleton crew at the moment. There has not been any significant new content in a while (the last real piece of new content was the Harasser vehicle, which was several months ago. we used to get a real content patch every 2 weeks). SoE does make a lot of promises, though, so if you're fond of promises then you should be good to go. For example, we should have had an Infiltrator update 4 months ago, and an ESF update 1 month ago. Neither one of those two things has been delivered. Infantry rendering has been - and still is - a major problem in the game. Also players in this game have high pings, so whoever gets the jump in a fight has an enormous advantage given the client-side hit detection.

Before you decide to invest in this game, I would wait and see how BF4 is.
  11. ironeddie

The games having a bit of a wobble atm. Smed noticed it was ducked & has slapped higgles into actually making the game run well. Due to this there's been no new content of any kind for a while now.

But with the recent activity on here & other media from the devs ( its like they remembered we exist) it seems there may be some light at the end of this long dark tunnel. I'm optimistic that by the end of the year we'll be back to regular content updates & a more brighter stable future.
  12. HuntingMaseTv

As my fellow and foreposters mentioned make sure to join a GOOD outfit, if you like the game, but wonder where the longterm fun is at.