Planetside2.v0.11.30.239884 - Orly, is this a serious attempt of maintenance ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ostekake, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ostekake

Seriously...we know you dont test your stuff before you publish it - but THIS is getting beyond stupid !

• Fix for guided rockets not traveling the correct path on other clients
    • Victims of the Phoenix missile should no longer see the projectile adjust course quickly within 10m and then detonate
    1. instead you added a horrible annoying sound of missiles flying over and over again
    • Pilots can no longer utilize free-look to lock on to targets
    1. We are launch day +295 and you fix this NOW ? Seriously ?
    • Added a bonus experience reward for killing an enemy player who recently severely damaged, but did not kill, a friendly player
    1. Why ? Who asked for this - what possible motivation would there be ? why waste time on it.
    and WHY IN THE WORLD did you _NOT_ FIX THE PLATOON CHAT BUG ???

Everyone and their grandmother, including those who deliver in-game content and
    keep players slightly interested in the game, are being shafted over and over again
    by lack of functionality in the UI HUD and Platoon/Squad/outfit interface.
    Its cosmetic this and balance that - but NO EFFORT put into making
    it easier for us to keep your customers in game.

If you have not noticed - you are hemorrhaging paying customers !

PS: Fanboys, leave your crap at the door and dont prove me right in how you ruin customer communication.
  2. Ostekake

So THIS makes it into this LIVE release...
    [IMG]

But a simple fix for the platoon chat bug
    and not to mention the rampant resize/full screen/alt-tab crashing
    does not make it in...

Please explain that to me.
    • Up x 3
  3. Gustavo M

• Up x 6
  4. Pirbi

Dammit SOE, we will remember this day. We will remember this day.
    • Up x 3
  5. TheBlindFreak

Would you rather it remain unfixed? Just be thankful it got fixed and be patient for the optimization fixes.

Obligatory "u mad bro"
    • Up x 2
  6. MickeySerendipity

Well, somebody's mad.
    • Up x 2
  7. TheFullCologne

crybabies. crybabies everywhere.
    • Up x 2
  8. Flashtirade

You do know that the devs have pretty much focused all of their energy on optimization and they have told us this beforehand, right?
    You do know that at the very top of the hotfix info, it said that this was still part of the optimization process, right?
    You do know that producing quality content is difficult to do and they can't just pump out cosmetics, right?
    • Up x 4
  9. Van Dax

this patch included a massive change to the projectile system, something they previously had not touched as they were afraid they'd break it into tiny buggy pieces.
  10. Sovereign533

Good day sir, you seem to be quite angry about some of the decisions made by the company that developed this game. It seems they didn't follow your precise laid our directions as put forth on these forums.
    And some might think this is regretful.

However, how would you please define what you call 'fanboys'. And would you also be so kind as to provide what your stance is on how they 'ruin customer communication'?
    Also, how do you think yelling at the developers help you or this game even in the slightest?

Thank you for your time and have a pleasant day.
    • Up x 2
  11. GSZenith

12. SikVvVidiT

What do you guys expect from a group that ADMITS they rarely play the game. They talk about it "8 hours a day", so they say but they rarely play the SOB.... How can you make changes in a game that you rarely play?!...

Hell the lead guy (Higby) talks about how he can't put down Civilizations 4 and how they thinks he has a problem... I have a problem, this game is being run into the dirt by people that don't even have a passion for it. The few devs that seem to care Margaret, Malorn and T-Ray don't seem to have much say so in the direction of what goes on..
  13. Kociboss

• Up x 1
  14. Divinorium

YES PLS!
  15. Ostekake

As a minimum they could have added to the humor by doing it on a stylish day like 300 or something !

Maybe we could even have had some good sparta jokes from it.

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

What does any of this have to do with anything ?

In fact, they have been following my instructions as laid forth on these forums on Nov 23rd of 2012, quite well, though not to its full extent.

I dont have to, as the interweb does it quite well on my behalf - it should also be an answer for the second part of your question once you have fully studied and understood the contents of the follow link:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy

According to wikipedia i am not - i quote:
    "A shout, scream, yell, shriek, hoot, holler, vociferation, outcry, or bellow is a loud vocalization in which air is passed through the vocal folds with greater force than is used in regular or close-distance vocalization. Though technically this process can be performed by any creature possessing lungs, the preceding terms are usually applied specifically to human vocalization. There are slight differences in meaning amongst them; for example, "scream" and "shriek" generally refer to a higher-pitched sound, and a "hoot" usually does not involve words."

As i am clearly using CAPITAL LETTERS, i am just making sure to emphasis my main point.
    Nothing more.
  16. ItsJustDash

Things from the test server made it into live plus the game is just ******* unstable as **** right now.

Crashed out in the middle of ******* no here. HOW THE **** DOES ONE CRASH TO DESKTOP OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE!?!?!?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Again I applaud you guys trying to keep it a little fresh but for **** sakes TAKE YOUR GOD DANG TIME. Keep us informed BUT TAKE YOUR GOD DANG TIME. When things get rushed these things happen =\
    • Up x 1
  17. Flashtirade

Optimization is the priority, content later. Especially since SOE cut down on manpower, they can't do everything at once. You're asking for new content when they're trying to make the game run properly.
    And about the losing players thing? Every new game loses players steeply after launch. Maybe it's not their cup of tea. Maybe their friends stopped playing, so they stopped too. It's only when the game is devoid of content for long stretches of time (case in point, Tribes: Ascend) when that starts to become a pressing reason.

This is more a matter of combining two systems than a matter of testing. As a guy who's dabbed a little bit into coding, it's not a rare occurrence (read: every single f*cking time, god please why you do this) that when you mash two big blocks of code together, despite the most rigorous testing in a stable environment, errors will result. Maybe variables don't match up. Maybe a few lines that were actually essential components got overwritten. Whatever the cause(s), they don't show up until the code is executed, which is when the servers go live.
  18. jeuvisage

They did break it in to tiny buggy pieces, splash damage doesnt work against infantry anymore, tried it with a HEAT vanguard and a Dalton liberator.
  19. MichaelS

No, I don't know that. Nobody announced that on the forum, ps2 twitter or FB.
  20. Torok

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW GENKIDAMAAAAAASS
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4