[Suggestion] How to Get in Shape/Get Constructive/Play Planetside 2 at the SAME TIME

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iceuhk, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Iceuhk

Are you like me? Attractive? In Shape? Women lined up out your door? Wealthy? No? Oh.. well ****.. ... Well maybe i can help with one of those things.
    Alright. So if you ARE like me, you play a decent amount of Planetside 2. I can easily spend hours, particularly during my weekend, sitting at my computer chair and killing those Elmos and Barneys. However , boy can i feel fat and sluggish afterwards. So i figured out something to help myself and others help beat some of that outta me.
    If you can name one of the most time consuming and boring aspects of Planetside 2 is when you cap a base. If you are grouped up with a zerg or simply with a force that is outnumbering the other side, you are likely gonna win and pin them to their spawn room. Oh great 5 minutes of me sitting around waiting for **** to happen.
    That is the IDEAL time to actually get up and do something.
    So lets say you and your squad/platoon rush and take a Bio-Dome. You've destroyed their SCU and you can sit back and watch as your mates jump up around shooting their guns in the air. OR you can invest some time in exercise.
    If you find yourself in a similar situation where you have nothing to do, and you're not needed, GET OUT OF YOUR CHAIR.
    Immediately, get to doing a form of exercise.
    Do Pushups until you get full on muscle fatigue. ( Basically until you just cant do it anymore. Dont count, dont worry about numbers. Just do as MUCH as you can until you practically collapse)
    Regular pushups, inverted push ups, Pull ups, reverse pull ups,Squats, sit ups, exercises with any free weights, burpees. Something. Something that can relatively quickly get you to work your muscles to the point of highest oxygen dept. I would sit here and give you a list of exercises that you can do to mix it up. However, there are SO many that you can do , it would be silly.
    If you have 5 minutes left, work on one body part, and then can do another if you have the time. So pushups till you collapse, then get up and do squats. Then when you are done, or if the base is capped, get right back to it.
    ( I would recommend having a sweat towel so you dont get your chair all nasty)
    Benefits: 1. You stay in shape. Think of how many times you actually will cap a base in a session. This can also apply to times when you successfully " defend a base" (( if you feel so inclined))
    1. You dont get so bored. Waiting for 5 minutes for **** to cap, when you cant do much is boring as hell. This eats up your time and you, in turn, get to use it to better yourself.
    2. Alot of times when i am doing it, i am still doing exercises when the base has capped and the zerg will immediately leave. So sometimes its just me and a handful left. All of a sudden a small squad will show up, and my being there was able to stop the small squad and inform the others that there was another attempt on the base. With the way lattice works, that comes as a great relief to your buddies trying to attack a base, only to find that they have to return back to yours to stop the timer.
    But Iceuhk . I am already ridiculously good looking and in good shape. What about me? Well im getting to you, you sexy *****.
    Well, in that case, this is the time for you to be Constructive.
    If you are waiting for a base to cap. Go to your sink and wash some damn dishes. Grab you that little fairy thing and dust the **** out of some things. Go clean that bathroom you filthy pig. Put some clothes in the laundry. Think of what you can accomplish with just a few minutes every quarter to half hour.
    Alright folks. Thats it. Go kick ***. And get your fat *** in shape and clean your house.
    EDIT: The primary focus on this post was talking about strengthening and building up a better physique, but i did manage to neglect things about simple stretching. So If nothing else, take the time to do some stretches for your body. It SERIOUSLY needs it:
    If nothing else, getting up and doing particular stretches for your neck and upper back are fantastic. Think about it , you are sitting ina chair, with a likely slightly leaning forward posture. Your pec minor stays engaged and your shoulders roll forward. Shoulders roll forward and your head drops down. Your rhombods ( upper mid back) stay really weak.
    So you end up with:
    Weak rhomboids( The muscles that hold your shoulders back and help your keep your upper back straight up and head up) Weak Anterior neck muscles ( Helps your head up. These get weak, which forces your traps, particularly the upper traps, which will then cause your head to drop, leading to alot of headaches. ( Neck pain/headaches, primarily come from the neck. Traps are a HUUUUUGE part of neck pains/Headaches) Tightened pec minor muscles ( muscles that roll your shoulder forwards. Which lead to the forward slouch. Tightened pec Minor muscles, cause Weak rhomboids ( they are antagonist muscles)
    Anyways, to the point. STRETCH THESE MOTHER****ERS.
    Then do some exercises that will help STRENGTHEN
    Rhomboids Lats
    Then stretch your ***... and by *** i mean Glutes.
    Glutes are essentially the shoulders of your legs. Imagine walking on your hands all day long. Your shoulders would be sore as shiiiit. Sitting on your *** all day, ***** up with your glutes. Particularly with all the weird ways we manage to sit. So stretch those glutes and strengthen them as well.
    So there you have it. *******.. stretch everything. Strengthen everything.. get your **** done. Then get your *** back in the game. If you happen to be TR/VS, feel free to take ALL the time you want. I REALLY could use the the free kills.
    • Up x 8
  2. Mr_Giggles

That sure is a lot of words there just for bad advice.
  3. Iceuhk

What makes you feel as if that is bad advice. I dont expect people to become ripped from it, nor do i expect pro athlete status.
    However it is a pretty decent step up for those that maybe unwilling to go to the gym or what not. It is SOMETHING, some thing that can be a good step in the right direction for a healthier person.
    • Up x 1
  4. ironeddie

Are we supposed to not be able to read the text that's almost the same colour as the background?
    • Up x 3
  5. IamDH

THE READING VERSIONAre you like me? Attractive? In Shape? Women lined up out your door? Wealthy? No? Oh.. well ****.. ... Well maybe i can help with one of those things.
    Alright. So if you ARE like me, you play a decent amount of Planetside 2. I can easily spend hours, particularly during my weekend, sitting at my computer chair and killing those Elmos and Barneys. However , boy can i feel fat and sluggish afterwards. So i figured out something to help myself and others help beat some of that outta me.
    If you can name one of the most time consuming and boring aspects of Planetside 2 is when you cap a base. If you are grouped up with a zerg or simply with a force that is outnumbering the other side, you are likely gonna win and pin them to their spawn room. Oh great 5 minutes of me sitting around waiting for **** to happen.
    That is the IDEAL time to actually get up and do something.

So lets say you and your squad/platoon rush and take a Bio-Dome. You've destroyed their SCU and you can sit back and watch as your mates jump up around shooting their guns in the air. OR you can invest some time in exercise.
    If you find yourself in a similar situation where you have nothing to do, and you're not needed, GET OUT OF YOUR CHAIR.
    Immediately, get to doing a form of exercise.
    Do Pushups until you get full on muscle fatigue. ( Basically until you just cant do it anymore. Dont count, dont worry about numbers. Just do as MUCH as you can until you practically collapse)
    Regular pushups, inverted push ups, Pull ups, reverse pull ups,Squats, sit ups, exercises with any free weights, burpees. Something. Something that can relatively quickly get you to work your muscles to the point of highest oxygen dept. I would sit here and give you a list of exercises that you can do to mix it up. However, there are SO many that you can do , it would be silly.
    If you have 5 minutes left, work on one body part, and then can do another if you have the time. So pushups till you collapse, then get up and do squats. Then when you are done, or if the base is capped, get right back to it.
    ( I would recommend having a sweat towel so you dont get your chair all nasty)
    Benefits: 1. You stay in shape. Think of how many times you actually will cap a base in a session. This can also apply to times when you successfully " defend a base" (( if you feel so inclined))
    1. You dont get so bored. Waiting for 5 minutes for **** to cap, when you cant do much is boring as hell. This eats up your time and you, in turn, get to use it to better yourself.
    2. Alot of times when i am doing it, i am still doing exercises when the base has capped and the zerg will immediately leave. So sometimes its just me and a handful left. All of a sudden a small squad will show up, and my being there was able to stop the small squad and inform the others that there was another attempt on the base. With the way lattice works, that comes as a great relief to your buddies trying to attack a base, only to find that they have to return back to yours to stop the timer.
    But Iceuhk . I am already ridiculously good looking and in good shape. What about me? Well im getting to you, you sexy *****.
    Well, in that case, this is the time for you to be Constructive.
    If you are waiting for a base to cap. Go to your sink and wash some damn dishes. Grab you that little fairy thing and dust the **** out of some things. Go clean that bathroom you filthy pig. Put some clothes in the laundry. Think of what you can accomplish with just a few minutes every quarter to half hour.
    Alright folks. Thats it. Go kick ***. And get your fat *** in shape and clean your house.
    EDIT: The primary focus on this post was talking about strengthening and building up a better physique, but i did manage to neglect things about simple stretching. So If nothing else, take the time to do some stretches for your body. It SERIOUSLY needs it:
    If nothing else, getting up and doing particular stretches for your neck and upper back are fantastic. Think about it , you are sitting ina chair, with a likely slightly leaning forward posture. Your pec minor stays engaged and your shoulders roll forward. Shoulders roll forward and your head drops down. Your rhombods ( upper mid back) stay really weak.
    So you end up with:
    Weak rhomboids( The muscles that hold your shoulders back and help your keep your upper back straight up and head up) Weak Anterior neck muscles ( Helps your head up. These get weak, which forces your traps, particularly the upper traps, which will then cause your head to drop, leading to alot of headaches. ( Neck pain/headaches, primarily come from the neck. Traps are a HUUUUUGE part of neck pains/Headaches) Tightened pec minor muscles ( muscles that roll your shoulder forwards. Which lead to the forward slouch. Tightened pec Minor muscles, cause Weak rhomboids ( they are antagonist muscles)
    Anyways, to the point. STRETCH THESE MOTHER****ERS.
    Then do some exercises that will help STRENGTHEN
    Rhomboids Lats
    Then stretch your ***... and by *** i mean Glutes.
    Glutes are essentially the shoulders of your legs. Imagine walking on your hands all day long. Your shoulders would be sore as shiiiit. Sitting on your *** all day, ***** up with your glutes. Particularly with all the weird ways we manage to sit. So stretch those glutes and strengthen them as well.
    So there you have it. *******.. stretch everything. Strengthen everything.. get your **** done. Then get your *** back in the game. If you happen to be TR/VS, feel free to take ALL the time you want. I REALLY could use the the free kills.
    • Up x 7
  6. Mr_Giggles

Yeah, what you prescribed is about as effective as the 10 lb dumbbell that people keep next to their desk that they occasionally pick up and do like 5 curls with it. Or the people who eat a salad to watch their calories but fail to do other things throughout the day, like move around on occasion.
    And then there's the house cleaning that you feel seems to take a mere 3-5 minutes to accomplish. I'd hate to see your house.
    Then there's the fun part where you are telling them to go afk, which I don't mind as much because they become statpadders for me.
    People don't have to go the gym but the advice that you are offering will affect your heart rate about as much as a five minute match against a monster ****. Instead of looking like you are having a seizure every time you stop at a point, you could perhaps allocate an hour of time before you play PS2, get on youtube and look up one of the aerobic videos, and do something that will actually make you sweat a little.
  7. ironeddie

thanks dude. To the OP I think I'll stick to walking the dog for exercise,
  8. IamDH

Lol

Eating chicken uses arm muscles. Good enough for me
  9. Iceuhk

It was weird as it was copy and paste from my Reddit post. I wasnt sure why it did that. I thought maybe, PS2 did some kinda format change. lol Sorry
  10. Iceuhk

1. It wasnt meant to be a be all end all replacement to full on steady dedicated exercise. It simply is a step in the right direction. Getting a good full work out with muscle fatigue is more effective than.. NOT doing it. cap 5 bases and you have done 15-25 minutes of working out a muscle .

2. I never said it takes 3-5 minutes to clean the house. However a series of 3-5 minutes worth of doing cleaning can get alot of things done. Which AGAIN is what happens every time you cap the base. If you cap 5 bases, thats 15-25 minutes of cleaning. You may not clean the house, but you are getting some stuff done.

Overall this is supposed to be just something to help encourage people to spend some time working out and teaching them that they can do some stuff. They can allocate more time for themselves in small bursts as opposed to a full hour that may seem daunting. This isnt to train athletes, but to help the average joe .
  11. Mr_Giggles

Whatever dude, it's bad advice straight up. You may as well call sitting up in bed crunches and add that to your daily instructional workout. Anyone who actually takes this seriously will probably gain 20 lbs from the laziness off it all.
  12. IamDH

I'll have to disagree with you there

The OP was trying to make an easy way to get slightly more active during the periods you arent doing anything. Yeah ofcourse you are gonna get stronger by going to a gym or something but this is more practical and can be done by more people

Imagine the people who wait for each base cap. A minimum of 20mins spent doing nothing
  13. ironeddie

I don't think this is bad advice. There is some logic to doing something constructive during the lag time of capping a base. It probably only counts in off peak play though. The peak times in my experience are spent defending to get the capture.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kodaa

I like how people are hating on the OP, lol. Unreal.
  15. Mr_Giggles

The first problem that I'm seeing here is that everybody is equating working out with getting stronger. Working out for many people usually only means staying fit, not looking like Ah-nold.
    The second problem is that a lot of you don't realize what it is that you are doing. The main focus of aerobic exercise is increasing your heart rate and keeping that rate for a set amount of time. A 3 minute cap is not going to do it. Like I said, it'll be as effective with raising your heart rate as pushing that 16 ounce steak brick out of your ***. And stop adding multiple base captures and claiming it works. It doesn't. Not only will anything you do barely raise your heart rate, it will immediately go down when you move to the next base. You will have accomplished nothing.
    If you can't ***'d to set aside some serious time for a workout or to not live in a pig pen like the OP, you shouldn't even bother.
  16. Hosp

Isn't this an old thread OP just decided to repost? I know there was another quite like this, though I don't think its OP was as long.
  17. IamDH

Well to be fair he did say do push ups until you couldn't do more and then do another exercise. I did not know that fact however so you are probably right. Looking at it from a different perspective tho, its either sitting down for 5 minutes or doing something
  18. Phazaar

People gettin' really serious in here... I lol'd.

What about when you're doing well enough that someone else cleans your dishes, you're ripped and there's already a girl under your desk whilst you're playing PS2? Well obviously you just yell pointless commands to your troops without pressing push-to-talk so the chick is impressed that she's getting with a natural born leader...
    • Up x 3
  19. NoMoarAmmo

Don't get where all the hate is coming from. He's giving out FREE advice. Know how uncommon that is these days?
  20. MrMurdok

Advice may be free, but you gotta pay to win.

On a serious note, I do 30 push ups every 5 deaths I get and 60 situps and as many pulls ups as possible when on a Tech Plant/Amp Station take.