[Suggestion] Another helmet equipment slot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TomDRV, Jun 2, 2013.

1. TomDRV

Another helmet equipment slot where you can equip different kinds of goggles/vision which can be toggled on and off.

Here are some optics:

Night vision(like that from battlefield 2): http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Vision

Thermal vision: limited range and can only be activated for a short time before recharging.

Range finder: when you press your mapped key it uses up 1/2 charge and gives you the range to the point your looking at. This well help when aiming tank guns or grenade launchers
    • Up x 5
  2. TomDRV

This will help when bringing back the beta night as players will not have to use the IR/NV scope. However night vision does not have thermal qualities so people won't glow. However if you want to use any other optic then you must use the IR/NV scope.

Any ideas for more optics?
  3. Neopopulas

Zoom, I want zoom optics. Binoculars please.
  4. Zorro

Agreed. Having different sight modes as infantry would transform the game for the better. I would also like to see the option of trading the sights for additional helmet protection to counter headshots.
  5. Phrygen

good ideas
  6. TrainerS2

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. TomDRV

8. tastyBerryPunch

I'd like us to have darker nights, but every class should have night vision, which wouldn't be able to see through smoke.
    • Up x 1
  9. TrainerS2

10. TrainerS2

So why in the awesom egame with avesome thinks to buy lots of super wepons and more extra camo,cosmetics(NONE FOR FREE)
    So where the binoculars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Shylan

I'm all for bringing back the beta nights, or even making them a bit darker, even. One thing that bothered me about them though, was the fact that the ambient light in the night sky was totally at odds with how dark the landscape was. The sky was just too bright to match the landscape realistically, in my opinion.

Tone the ambient sky light down to match the darkness of the landscape, and it'd be all good, I think.

I'm sorely disappointed that SOE decided to make nights basically just the equivalent brightness of real-world evenings or dusk. That decision pretty much rendered half of the effectiveness of the IR/night vision scope void, and made flashlights and headlights virtually pointless.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd always hoped to be able to participate in a night-time raid on a facility, going in stealthily with a single squad, using the cover of darkness and the terrain to mask our movements and slip in behind the enemy's defenses and take them by surprise, or set up a foothold for a larger assault force to come in behind us.
  12. TheBloodEagle

I think you mean attachment slot & I'm all for more customization.
  13. Shylan

Erp... How did I end up replying to this thread? I don't remember even being in it... Disregard my last post. Wrong thread, somehow.
  14. RobotNinja

Because who needs IFF darts, proximity radar on every single vehicle in game, NV and Thermal scopes for weapons/vehicle weapons and player spotting? Right? Because PS2 isn't easy enough as it is.
  15. Notih8Darian

• Up x 1