Change Medic Revives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tristan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Flapatax

Flazasnapawhats?
    • Up x 1
  2. Untouchable

Revive grenades don't currently revive MAXes. It'd be even more ridiculous if they could.
  3. Haterade

What, are you his baby brother or something? I'm sorry I ever questioned the skill of your hero up there. This game is about epic battles. You can go play BF3 6v6 ladders if you want your uber-1337 1v1 skillz to rule the game.

If you can go 1v15 and can't kill a lonely medic behind cover, you're playing the game wrong.
  4. Haterade

Unless something drastically changed when I wasn't looking (or playing), revive grenades don't revive MAXes.
  5. LazerusQAI

i think what we need are two different kinds of "dead".
    the "bodyshot downed" that can be revived
    and the "headshot kill" who cant. also explosives or other big guns count as that.
    This would not only make a headshot kill more usefull (like from a Sniper or Slugs), it would also limit the necro-army.
    nothing against the medics, but this is just stupid, i mean...a bullet that would rip your head apart or a tankshell in the chest and you can revive them because of nanites? sorry...
    thats what causes the boring zergs instead of intense battles...two sides shooting at eachother until something big like a rocket-barrage wipes one side out.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tristan

Right, this is completely ridiculous.

I don't expect to stop 6-10 people by myself, but if I kill 5 of them, I should be affecting their squad in some way. In Planetside 1, that affect was forcing them to use up Med App ammo.
  7. Ouch Electric

Just let us shoot the downed player to prevent reviving. Oh, and headshot kills should also prevent revives.
  8. billynomates

Most practical solution would be to limit the time after death that a player can be revived. After say 30 sec (example figure) the corpse should disappear and only respawning would bring you back to the game