Can VS even do anything against TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IceFire909, Sep 6, 2013.

1. IceFire909

So, a small squad of us fighting over at Saurva. Figuring hell yea this might be good. a couple VS against a couple TR, why not?

Whelp after horrible pain after horrible slaughter, do VS even have weapons decent to use against a couple TR maxes and heavies?

Or their tanks?

I know everyone pretty much agrees TR are ******** OP. But how have YOU worked around that? It's getting annoying and they haven't even pulled out Strikers yet.
  2. Bhudda V1

orion

/thread
    • Up x 2
  3. Kacho Seiyo Arino

Why do you think that techno-Christians got a chance against a militaristic organization?
  4. VSDerp

well i don't think TR is OP and you can probably do something if you get off forums and actually fight back. but just a suggestion.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ghosty11

First I main Vanu. While the TR may have a few weapons systems that are a bit OP at the moment, the TR are not unbeatable. My guess is that you were out numbered. When you are outnumbered significantly, the enemy is always OP. ;)
  6. IceFire909

Started about same numbers, then they got more. Then I gave a shout out in /orders to come help and its gone slightly more in our favour. Also I am still in the fight, just a quick jump to the forum to see opinions
  7. Flying Mug

VS are just fine indoors. ZOE is really good and so are most of our LMGs. If they put in a bunch of MAXs and Engis then you need a bunch of MAXs and engis.
  8. VanuSovereignty

VS were bad. TR were better. End of story.
  9. Liberty

What was funny, late last night on Mattherson there was a fight between several squads of VS and TR at Saurva with the pop swinging back and forth more than a few times and it was just the opposite of what you described. The TR just couldn't make any headway into the bio lab despite bringing groups of MAXes (it was a small fight, so I won't call it a crash) several times.
  10. jak

I would suggest aiming better than them and utilizing better positioning than the enemy. If that seems a bit too rough, just jump in a ZOE and you'll be fine.
  11. jak

Was this late last night as in like 12-2 AM PST? TR put a big push, but they got farmed pretty hardcore trying to get past the 3 or so tanks at the north gate.
  12. HappyT

you fight in a biolab? use the shotgun any will do. adapt to your environment not the factions you're fighting.
  13. EliteEskimo

:D

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Compass

Clearly, these TR were fighting like TR.
    • Up x 2
  15. Zero Cool

I typically stay out of these so and so is OP threads, but after making a VS toon(I am a TR) and playing one for awhile, I am quite confused at all this TR op crap.

The VS infantry weapons are incredibly good. my K/D is higher with my VS (around 8) than my TR (about 2.3). I play infantry 95% of the time. A stock orion is quite possibly better than any TR heavy weapon.

The VS Max are very good. Even better when ZOE equipped. Nothing more aggravating than a ZOE max crash.

Magrider is a good tank as well. I think forumside is too focused on the numbers game and not of the practical use side of things. The magrider is hard to hit. Strafing coupled with its narrow profile makes it an elusive target. The fact it floats helps too, no tank treads to hit, instead, you just end up hitting the ground beneath it.

Scythe's are a pain in the *** to fight against. The photon pods fire both cannons at the same time, devastates infantry...well devastates everything really. Then profile makes it the hardest to try and dumbfire aswell.

IMO, the factions are relatively balanced, the bigger problem is the balance between air and ground as a whole. (along with the fact the game runs like crap, super buggy, and in general laggy in big fights).
  16. Fox Reinhold

TR have huge mags in their guns compared to us, and SOME of them (not all) are really terrible shots and are used to holding down the button until it goes click hoping for the kill (which if you engage them 1 on 1, they'll probably get). I've had a lot of TR continue firing after I duck back behind a corner. I then pop out while they're reloading and waste'em.

Most people claim TR are OP because of the Striker, Marauder, and the Vulcan... not because of their prowess in a BioLab.
  17. OldMaster80

Yes you do: that's your weapons, your maxes, your heavies and your tanks. They work great.

Btw in this game everyone agrees TR are OP. And everyone says NC are OP as well. And every player also thinkg VS are OP.
    • Up x 1
  18. Total_Overkill

... well, guess we know who to ignore now...
  19. GrizzV

So let me get this straight: you lost a fight, and while the fight is still going on technically, you come to the forums to call the other faction OP? Is that what happened here? Why are you allowed to speak in public? Don' t you get enough attention at home? Need a hug?
  20. FocusLight

In case you had not noticed yet, my replies are in the quote in Terran Red. GL with the biolab fight, I hope it remains equal pop and enjoyable for all of you o7