Why we shouldn't nerf strong items

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamDH, Aug 31, 2013.

1. IamDH

Ok the prowler is the best tank. Do you want anything else?
  2. HellasVagabond

Muzzle velocity is not the case. The Prowler has the fastest velocity when anchored.

Well no.....I am not asking for you to accept my opinion in that way if at all. I am just presenting valid evidence so it would be nice if you could at least comment on them instead of this :)
  3. IamDH

Alright i apologize for saying that.
    First of all i doubt the decrease in reload time from using maxed lock down and maxed reload is equivilant to 8 seconds.
    If i am correct, this means that popping the shield negotiates the locking down effect
  4. HellasVagabond

What is proven via that clip is that a maxed Anchored/Reload Prowler can chew the shield of the vanguard in around 5-6s even if you have the 8s variant. After that it requires hardly 5 more seconds of fire to destroy the Vanguard. That adds to 10-11s. In 10-11s the Vanguard IF the reload time is maxed can shoot a total of 4 times (1, 3.5s, 2, 3.5s, 3, 3.5s, 4) which means that in CQC the chances of either one winning are 50% and that shouldn't be the case when the Prowler can easily win long/mid-range engagements due to increased velocity and DPS. So if in CQC chances are that it may also win with a 50% chance then there's really something wrong with balance.
  5. IamDH

Well to be fair the shield can also protect you from other things such as being C4'd and shielding things just before you die.
    Locking down makes you immobile therefore making you an easier target to hit and also a target for C4.

Tank v Tank situation- If this is indeed the case, i think the vanguard deserves a buff against tanks
  6. IamDH

I'd also like to note that this is in the case that both get 100% shots on target

Does a single prowler round have the same power as a single vanguard round?
  7. HellasVagabond

No but with its velocity and the slow moving chasis of the Vanguard missing shots is not really possible. On the other hand if a Vanguard misses 1 shot it needs to wait 3.5s to fire again. So even if the Prowler does miss 1 shot it's a Lot less forgiving than the Vanguard.
  8. IamDH

Alright so in a far range tank battle the prowler is better. You have proved this and i am now convinced
    but what about closer range battles?

Locking down infront/behind a tank is not a good idea at all. You can be easily flanked (i am aware the prowler has a high turning rate)
  9. HellasVagabond

I did mention CQC a few posts above. Some people think that the shield is GOD mode but it's not. Even from 50m away an Anchored prowler can chew that in 5-6s at most. So in the end both tanks have 50-50 chances of winning. Unfortunately the speed and acceleration of the Vanguard means that you can't flank the immobile Prowler in just 10-11s even if it's just 50m away.
  10. IamDH

I was referring to less than 50m

To be fair tho i dont think you can get 100% accuracy on the vanguard at such a distance while it is trying to flank you. I say this situation favours the vanguard a bit more
  11. HellasVagabond

Go to the VR and check how long it takes for the Vanguard to build up speed, it's hilariously slow so flanking is not really a choice unless you are already going at full speed in which case the Prowler would not anchor.
  12. IamDH

I have used the vanguard alot but i havent used the lock down that much so i'll try locking down near tanks
  13. HellasVagabond

If you've used it a lot then you should know that it can't flank anything from standing still. That being said most TR lock down near tanks, i think they do it for a reason.
  14. Osskscosco

The shield does not compensate for that, it's a total overkill.

Maybe with 1/2 vs 1/2 it's not so bad, but this benefit multiplies with a gunner since the opposite tank can double the dps with a vulcan it still worths sh*t against the shield. While the 2/2 vanguard rips the tank to shreds in shield time.
  15. Liewec123

seems like you just wanted a reason to point out that the NC don't really have any OP faction specific things
    (other than the idiots that try to take on a vanguard close up and get denied by our shield.)

also, gotta disagree with the wire guided striker idea, that would just be an apocalypse for infantry when TR heavies can spray rockets at a doorway.
    i'd prefer they make lock on require keeping the target in the center of your screen (so kinda wire guided/lock on crossbreed)
  16. IamDH

Buffing the NC is one of the points i made in the thread so yes i want them to get a buff. I'd also like to point out that my main account is a terran and i have abandoned my NC account for quite some time.
    The wire-guided striker has to be tweaked so that it has a HUGE infantry multiplier added to it so that it pretty much does 0 damage to them
  17. GhostAvatar

Did you not read the part about noticing them floating above you? Tell me which tanks has a angle of elevation for their main gun that can shoot above them and I will tell you of a tank that I can farm air with all day. Ohhh wait, thats the skyguard... derp. And I love how you say you only have the Halberd... what? you forgot about the Enforcer already?

And I am not talking about the tanks drawbacks, I am talking about the abilities. But if you want to go there, try to get your fact right. You have the SECOND slowest tank. You also have the highest armor, no recoil, highest bullet velocity etc.

No I wouldn't... if I could undeploy instantly. Because the target would be dead and it wouldn't matter as most of that time I would be behind cover waiting it out and repairing up the damage. Trust me, you don't know what you have actually got as a benefit.
  18. Goretzu

Yeah, of course.

It is a decent ability, probably the NC's best in fact, it just is NOT without drawbacks.
  19. lothbrook

a Prowler in lockdown with a secondary gunner is a damn close fight against a vangaurd with a shield and a gunner, it really comes down to who misses, if you're not in lockdown its a slaughter, but its not my fault you didn't use your ability, or chose smoke instead.

At longer ranges a prowler with lockdown will almost always win this fight unless he can't hit the broad side of a barn. At CQC the vangaurd will almost always win this fight, unless you're already in lockdown and i'm unable to get to your weaker sides for whatever reason.
  20. Osskscosco

Smoke against a vanguard? Must get it!

Lockdown will damage through shield for 0 damage and earn me a few seconds death from the back, or from front since it really doesn't matter if the vanguard has an enforcer.