Why we shouldn't nerf strong items

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamDH, Aug 31, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

I love how you forget to mention the drawbacks. Like being a sitting duck for everything and anything that can do damage to a tank. And how it takes 2 seconds to undeploy, so even if you do see that LA floating above, you can't move away to defeat him before he blows you up. Or duck into cover with ease if you start taking too much damage. Yes you do increase your killing ability, but you also become a coffin.

And what are the drawbacks of the god shield again....? Ohhh wait, there isn't any. You can use it at any time and in any situation to turn a defeat into a victory. For 8 seconds you become god and still deal the same damage at the same rate and run away at the same rate.
  2. Goretzu

Very long cool down. :confused:
  3. GhostAvatar

Seriously? You consider that a drawback?
  4. HadesR

Give NC higher BASR dmg :) .. Harder hitting is our trait .. Let ours and ours alone OHK through NW5 @ 300m :)
  5. Goretzu

It is, especially when there is no way to turn it off and the whole CD has to cycle.

You wouldn't consider having to wait at least 45 second after using Lock-down a drawback? o_O
  6. Scorponok

NC has Gauss Saw...Vanguard...Reaver...merc19...gauss rifle...pheonix...and the magshot,JackHammer...all sides have a decent OP weapon as people call it.i call that balanced.rather see them consentrate on fixing the performance of the game.
  7. Scorponok

sure continue your fight on the forumside2...one day you might acually login and use the tools and see that their not as bad as people want to to be...
  8. GamerOS

Compared to being able to activate and deactivate the ability at will like the deploy, yeah, it's a drawback, especially considering there is no way of shortening the cooldown by deactivating the shield earlier or something.
  9. Scorponok

atleast the shield allows you to be immortal for a few seconds :p the prowler deploy makes you into a sitting duck..
    • Up x 1
  10. IamDH

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE VANGUARD SHIELD
    PLEASE STOP THIS POINTLESS ARGUMENT
    • Up x 1
  11. HellasVagabond

It requires exactly 4050 certs.....
  12. IamDH

Please stop.
    I'd like you to explain how anything you said is relevant to my post?
    I want to buff NC not nerf them.
    THIS IS NOT A VANGUARD THREAD
  13. ThePowerofLava

Agreed.

Back to topic: I think we should make a comprehensive list of weapons and abilities that could use a buff, based on compromises reached by level-headed players from all three factions. This list would help get rid of the broad terms used by most people when talking about blanket buffs, and hopefully can replace the hundreds of threads that only provide a one or two ideas.
  14. IamDH

Yeah thats a good idea. I should have included that in the OP
  15. HellasVagabond

You gave innacurate stats about the Prowler, easy. You said it's the best AI tank only, yet it's the best all-around vehicle dealing twice as much damage as the Vanguard and almost 2.5 times more than the Magrider. How is this irrelevant ?
  16. Osskscosco

And prowler has a 8 secs magical invulnerability shield without any drawbacks...oh wait!
  17. ThePowerofLava

This thread is about fixing balance problems in weapons by buffing them, thus discussing the solution, not pointing fingers or arguing over the problem. If you absolutely need to complain, go make your own thread.
  18. HellasVagabond

How do you intend to fix the balance to some weapons when you start off with wrong stats ? Am i missing something ?
  19. ThePowerofLava

Nobody meant to do anything to the tanks themselves, just to the gunner weapons. Unfortunately, once incorrect stats were mentioned, the thread ran off the road for a page and a half.
  20. lothbrook

Do people ever consider that maybe the drawback of the shield is that you're in the slowest accelerating, slowest turning, worst AI, and longest Reload tank? lol. Slightly higher armor and muzzle velocity does not make up for the lack of DPS against the prowler and evasion against the magrider, the shield is what wins these 1v1 fights.