Terran Republic MAX.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by daniel696, Aug 29, 2013.

1. daniel696

The most weak MAX in the game, his weapons is a total nonsense

- 4 machine guns and none shotgun.
    - Lockdown ability useful against aircraft and horrible against infantry in the battlefield (Not idiot spawn camp)

SOE you guys need play more with TR MAX to see how weak it is.

And tell me something... why TR MAX don't have shotguns ?! It was laziness in the creation of the game or what ? because the TR MAX machine guns is exactly the same design, there's no shotguns for it, there's no shields.
    This was laziness or intentional ? I never saw a game with equal weapons and different prices and damage.
  2. Pikachu

Shotgun is our thing. You get not so fast firing miniguns.
  3. P4NJ

At least the Pounders are MLG...
    Regarding your sig: I don't agree that the pounder is boring, it just needs a convergence fix and a few buffs, maybe a fix to the bugged reload time.
  4. bodmans

lol, Daniel, did you get your *ss kicked by a scatmax?

for the last time:
    You(TR) have more DakkaDakka, which translates into miniguns.
    Others(NC) have more 'MURICA, which translates to shotguns.
    We(VS) have(maybe had, eversince sound change) more PewPew, which translates to purple balls of doom
    • Up x 1
  5. DeathTollDavid

Every faction has something that is stronger than the other faction. That is the point.
  6. gigastar

Last i checked, a buff to Lockown was being discussed.

Im looking forward to the ensuing war over how its OP.

Instead, its got a damage nerf agsint infantry, along with all other MAX AV weapons except the Vortex.
  7. Cryless

yes, our max is too weak! it really needs a buff against infantry. the best thing to do is to increase the damage of infantry weapons and maybe the accuracy too. I'm not asking a 100% increase (don't get the wrong idea cause most of you do) I'm asking a 10% maybe 15%.
    I think this would be fair enough...
  8. Rohnlex

I truly hope you are being sarcastic.

I'd trade my scattcraps for your chainguns any time of the day.
  9. CrashB111

IMO the guns TR MAX has are fine, I can slaughter droves with Dual Mercy w/ extended mags. The problem is that our ability is so situational that it hurts, literally the only time you can use Lockdown effectively is when you have such a pop advantage that there is 0 risk of anyone flanking you or if you happen to find yourself in a room with only 1 or 2 ways into it and you have a team mate watching the other doorway, and even then you have to get engineers to hump you so that 2 Decimators won't end the party.
  10. Ganelon

Don't worry, the devs are on it. They're nerfing Pounders... again.
  11. oherror

OP must of gotten his *** kicked by everything or something....I use my TR max all the time and have tons of fun in it. I'm used to the lockdown since i ran TR in PS1. Lock down works well. You just have to know when lockdown is a good idea. I'm getting the vibe that the OP used lockdown on a scatmax which is crazy.......and stupid.
  12. Liewec123

poor fracture max can't do anything right?
    also, just try complaining about the AI potential of Dual Onslaught+Lockdown, i dare you.
    things MELT when you look at them, a single MAX with an engineer covering/resupplying him can hold down a hallway from any number of infantry you can fit inside there.
  13. Yasa

tr max guns have lower rof than normal guns. lower rof than the default pistol. while dealing 143 damage, but less accurate. which means any regular gun is better than all the tr's max guns. same goes for the VS's max guns.
    so please dont say the tr's max reflects the faction's trait. whatever that even means.
  14. KenDelta

Lemme give ya some of my experiences.
    When the pro bundle hit I just had to buy Fractures and this is how they turned in after playin' on my TR for 4 hours non stop with no suit slot item and charge , and let's compare em
    Fractures , gold on both hands in a 4hour session.
    Blueshifts , silvers total gameplay : 6hours.
    Mattock x Hacky , gold both total gameplay 6 hours.
  15. KnightCole

Op ****. Tr max are prolly the best and coolest.

Dual muti are great.

Plus machineguns...ypu have lots of bullets.

Shottys suck on max
  16. Emerald11

I like my TR Max more than my NC and VS Max. In my VS Max I have put thousands of Certs, but the TR Max is better with 25 % of this Certs. For close AI combat I run dual Mutilator, for AA dual Burster of course and for all other dual Fracture. This things are so good and compared to
    - Comet and Falcon much faster, better to control and have higher DPS
    - Vortex not much slower but much more deadly
    - Raven not guidable but have much higher ROF.

The Raven are the only Max weapon which are near to the Fractures, but the clip size is smaller and so you have to reload in that moment when you need one additional rocket only very often.

The Comet and Falcon are good at short and short to medium range, but the Fractures are good at all ranges.
  17. daniel696

TR MAX is good against infantry, that's right, but it's not against other MAX's. And I see this as a disadvantage. And of course the NC and VS will say this is bulsh*t, OF COURSE.

"Every faction has something that is stronger than the other faction" right ? So... NC and VS now stop complaining about stryker and vulcan.
  18. Mr_Giggles

I'll take my gatling guns over shotguns any day of the week thank you. And Dual Fracture lockdown max is great at clearing up large vehicle infestations and enemy maxes
  19. daniel696

It's good, the only thing i'm saying here is the fact that there's no shotguns and the weapons (tr max) are the same, equal design.
  20. TheBlindFreak

You are complaining about lockdown?

Yeah, sure it's almost worthless for infantry fighting. You know what? Our maxes are WORTHLESS against infantry beyond 10m. Your max is only SLIGHTLY worse at killing infantry in CQC and much, much more effective beyond 10m. So don't you talk about not having shotguns. If you want them so bad, give up your fractures and all your miniguns and then see how you like it.

Actually, I have a better idea, why don't you make an NC alt and play around with our max.