Is the 11 pellet pump WAY better than the 10 pellet?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Verenz, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Verenz

The nerfs to shotgun pellet damage combined with +250hp nanoweave armour has put me in the situation where to kill someone with nanoweave 4 or 5 requires all 10 pellets to hit and given that the pellet spread is 3 this like trying to hit someone with 10 rounds hipfired from a moving compensator equipped assault rifle.

The 10 rounders work fine when nanoweave is not in the equation but I am finding the Claw to be a straight downgrade to the semi auto shotguns at this point.

Essentially has anyone been having more success with the 11 rounders which give the freedom to miss one pellet (keeping in mind that all pistols kill faster than repumping a shotgun so it must be a OHK to be effective)?

Opinions of people who use pump actions and semi autos AND actually prefer pumps would be most appreciated, opinions of scrubs who think pumps are OP would be the least.
  2. simon11russell

Try running with the laser sight as it tightens the pellet spread making it way easier to land all them on target. You will have to aim more carefully but you have to anyway with the PA shotguns as a glancing shot was never going to cut it.
  3. Pikachu

I haven't used it in real game, only tested it in VR. There it performed worse than the first generation. The spread was bigger, enough to make it worse. I test by shooting 10 or 15 shots with each at 20m (maybe it was 30m) distance and count how many shots it takes to kill. Then take average.
  4. LownWolfe

The one pellet difference is nothing when it comes to the shotguns. As the others have stated, if you are not landing the full force of the shot, you will not get the kill and most likely be killed. After some brief VR testing and trialing both I settled for the Claw and never looked back.
  5. harmypants

My most recent Auraxium is the Uppercut, but I still way prefer the barrage/haymaker over the pumps. The risk/reward balance is tipped way too far towards the former and it's just not worth it anymore. And 1 extra pellet would not convince me to buy the Blackjack.
  6. Kulantan

Wrong. The laser pointer reduces COF not pellet spread. No attachment will reduce pellet spread, the only thing that effects it is the gun. A laser pointer is still not a terrible idea, but ADSing is far better than laser pointers for reducing COF.
  7. Verenz

Thanks for the advice but it is (unfortunately) exactly what my opinion was already (semi>auto>pump).

At least it saved me 1100 certs buying possibly the most skill intensive weapon in the game that still gets you flamed for using it.
  8. gregfox89

I only use my Phobos for trolling (and it trolls me as much as the people I'm fighting)
    Never gotten any hate for using it though
  9. Verenz

I have only ever had one guy tell me to "try to beat me with a real weapon", it's mostly the forum attitude I was referring too where splash/bolt action/pump action/all shotguns/smg/harasser/lolpod/lolib/HE/mines/anything that isn't a completely standard gun should suck.
  10. Leivve

That's not how it works, The spread is preset, having a smaller cone of fire just means the origin point of the spread will be more likely in the center.

Also the heavy and light pumps are side grades, I prefer the light because it has a slightly more effective range, but the heavy pump can take down stronger targets when in it's prim range.