My god, the Trac-5 is fantastic!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FPSnoob, Aug 26, 2013.

1. FPSnoob

So having played VS and NC for a decent while, I decided to switch to TR (mostly because of the Sabr-13)
    I found out 2 things

1. I'm not very good with burst weapons, time to buy some attachments and practice...
    2. The Trac-5 is fantastic, maybe all TR carbines too but I haven't really tested them out

The Trac-5 is perfect for my play style of Engi and Light Assault, it has a good enough RPM for almost every situation, decently accurate at mid range etc

But looking at the carbine stats in the spread sheet, it actually is worse then the other carbine starters, slower reload, worse horizontal recoil, highest first shot recoil etc

I then realized what I like so much about the Trac-5, THE MAG SIZE
    That 33% difference in mag size between the other factions carbines is such a huge advantage for me, almost none of the other stats matter

And after buying the Serpent for VS, I can say for sure that I will be using the Trac-5 only
    CQC carbines are too situational
  2. Rohnlex

How dare you join the dark side
    • Up x 3
  3. Psi

But we have cookies! In the shape of a Trac-5.
  4. CrashB111

This reeks of bait to me.
    • Up x 4
  5. Elbryan

Good for you?

It's always nice when you find a weapon that suits your play style. ...but is this announcement really so important it deserves a forum thread? ...
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

0/10
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. y3ivan

CQC carbines are situational?

you should try out lynx and jaguar
    • Up x 2
  8. FPSnoob

I'm not really sure where I was going with this thread actually, so if you do know please enlighten me
    I guess I just want to announce to the world how awesome the Trac-5 is

And maybe stir up some debate about carbines in general?
  9. hansgrosse

I'd like it better if it had a buttstock. Really, that's the only thing keeping me away from carbines in general.

At least they got it right with the T5 redesign. :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Sagabyte

Join the nc and grab a razor! Free buttstock included with a fast reload and powerful punch.
    • Up x 1
  11. Burkderp

Mag size ain't worth a dime when your horizontal recoil is so damn high that hitting targets 50m out is pointless. I like our carbines I just wish we had more selection outside the 143 damage tier.

Trac 5/S - Average/Utility
    Lynx/Jag - Hipfire CQC
    AMC - Med/Long

I'd like a slow 167 and a 845rpm 143 CQC carbine (looking at you Vanu). Hell even a 200 tier carbine like the NC might be interesting. Even if theirs sucks.

The Trac-5 is solid but it imo needs more attatchments, the reduction in RPM (Trac5-S) just for underbarrel, SPA, HVA and Compensator is bleh.
  12. rickampf

TR dakka is awesome... i know, but dont spread it.
  13. Spartan101

Except into the withering, convulsing, blood spewing bodies of our enemies.
    • Up x 2
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Still wondering why TR get 33% larger clips on all carbines and ARs. Hopefully devs will normalize it soon, at least give the NC 200 damage ones 25 rounds instead of a worthless 20.

Until then, I'll be using my NC6.
  15. Epic High Five

Give the Jaguar and TAR a spin and fall to your knees in horror of what people have had all along.

Some TR here think you're trolling with the magazine size thing, but as an NC myself I understand. Every time you kill someone with a TR carbine/AR and you've got less than 10 rounds in the magazine, remind yourself that if you were NC/VS that would've been a "killed while reloading" situation
  16. AxisO7

Except you wouldn't have. TR weapons tend to have an uncontrollable horizontal recoil that is quite a bit worse than NC and VS weapons. Hence you need to shoot more bullets to make the same amount hit.

Personally, I absolutely love the Mercenary. I've auraxiumed all the TR carbines except for the burst, but whenever I play on my NC alt I just can't get over how good the damn stock weapon is. I'd take it over any of ours anyday.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kyouki

Because that is our faction trait. Which applies to 3 weapons types. SMGs, Carbines, and assault rifles.
  18. Epic High Five

If you like the Merc give the Razor a shot. It's better in every way pretty much (i love both)

I consider a grip to be pretty much mandatory on all TR guns, but after it's equipped all the recoil is vertical. The TAR and Jaguar REALLY benefit from the grip, to the point of being as accurate full auto as the Carnage BR with adv grip and comp. The Rhino especially is a dream but I don't think anything will replace the CARV in my TR HA heart.

I like the TRAC-5 but I think the extra control you get with the Jag and the extra ADS movement speed are a very fair tradeoff for 50rpm
  19. Canaris

if you like the Trac5..... you'll love the Trac5-S ;)
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

And NC's faction trait is that we have 3 weapons that deal 200 damage per bullet, 2 of them are horrible and the 3rd is also horrible unless you invest 430 certs into attachments.
    • Up x 1