Just canceled my subscription

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Aug 22, 2013.

1. WookLordz

Sorry, but the people who have CPU-binding issues with Intels are people who can't or won't do basic housecleaning, and implement well-known tweaks to their rigs, plain and simple. A PC is a multipurpose device - not a console. If you don't optimize it for gaming when you are gaming then....

As far as AMD goes, of course it's not AMD's fault. One can't help but look askance at people who would purchase an AMD CPU for a gaming rig, either not researching or ignoring the well-established fact that they make vastly inferior CPUs for gaming purposes.
  2. ironeddie

AMD made one good CPU with the one they sent me. Plays this game fine. AMD are not as sophisticated or elegant in there cpu design compared to intel but you get something that does the job & at a lower cost. My major gripe with intel is that I think you pay more for the brand name. I don't believe in paying more for the name.

Don't agree that intel users with problems don't tweak there systems. Firstly I don't think you should be forced to. Maybe to get the best out of your pc but any i7 should deliver an acceptable frame rate in game. Also consider the fact that users complain of frame rate drops after game updates. That's not the users fault it's the games fault. Don't know why I'm arguing about this, the devs themselves admit the games performance is to poor.
  3. Astealoth

My subscription ran out on Aug 8. It was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I don't have to log in 6 characters every 24 hours to get the "passive certs"i was paying for, which is pretty much the only functioning subscriber bonus.
  4. Astealoth

I'll resubscribe when they make passive certs actually passive.

Don't mind the double post :p
  5. Desann

There are many different definitions for a public service announcement (PSA) or public service ad, but the simplified version of PSAs are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with the objective of raising awareness, changing public attitudes and behavior towards a social issue.

So by definition I posted a message, through a media such as a forum. There is no charge to read this message, and my objective was to raise awareness on the fact that this game is dying and getting very boring for myself and my group of friends I know in "real life". Also, my in game friends list seems to be dead as well, which tells me that people are not logging in to the game anymore. Cramming servers together to boost populations is a prime example of this.

I also hoped to change public attitudes, and raise awareness, to the FACT that a subscription yields $5/month of in game currency, yet most items in game are $7 or more.

This can be considered a social issue, since it is a massively multiplayer game, requiring a community to thrive. One subscription down with a argument as to why (the game is lacking real depth as it currently stands) is my attempt to basically say WHY i have cancelled. I will continue to play, but refuse to pay any more money to a game that is developing at a snails pace.

So by definition, it can be seen as a PSA.
  6. Rebelgb

Hey look another Intel cool aid drinker who has no idea what the hell he is talking about. Ive been in the Tech business for 15 years and I have 3 AMD systems in my house and 1 Intel.

Do you have any clue what your talking about? Ive been playing all the big name games since EQ on an AMD and have ZERO problems playing them full tilt. I have a FX8350 on my current rig and get 90-100 FPS average and 65+ in big fights. So tell me again how AMD sucks?

Educate yourself before you spout ignorant comments that add nothing to the conversation.

Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  7. DuckSauce

Hate to break it to you, but you're playing the beta for a game that's going to run on an 8-core AMD laptop processor. :eek:
  8. tproter

I thought you and others would have realized it by now. You all were simply beta-testers "hired" to find and report bugs, not gameplay advisors.

Nothing more, nothing less.
  9. BloodMonarch

LoL..... yeh because BF3 has sooo much more depth of gameplay than PS2 :rolleyes:
  10. Botji

Then dont be a dick, post a list of what we, the ignorant mass should do to fix the FPS issues.

i7 920 @ 3,7ghz
    16gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz
    GTX 680

I usually play on Miller so there are a lot of people there and before like 2-3 patches now I think, I used to get 50-80fps pretty much everywhere. Only in the largest of battles where all 3 factions were zerging did the fps drop down below 50fps or if there were some buggy area then the fps obv went down too.

Now I can be happy with 60 fps in medium battles, 40ish in larger and if its a huge zergfest just scraping above 30fps(server limiting draw distance a lot, people popping in and out just 10-15m away).

So what should I do then?
    Please list your well-known tweaks and what you mean by basic housecleaning, I want my fps back.
  11. Nerkun

I never played PS1, and I only once bought a 7 day exp boost. I'm lvl 56, and I love the game and the updates are great if you don't compare them to your expectations. Spare me the "I was hoping..." ********. You can't play for hundreds of hours (lvl 74) and then claim it's a bad game.Bad games are not played. You play-you love. End.
  12. TeknoBug

I haven't played BF3 for about a year myself either, not sure if I have the encouragement to go back. I'm not even waiting for BF4.

Meanwhile I usually spend about 40-50 minutes a day playing PS2, about as much as I can handle.
  13. TeknoBug

Yeah, refer to my sig
    v
  14. Loegi

Seems to me like your message was focused on something else.
  15. noralvarin

I just have to point out something here:

You do realize that the m40 Fury is an AI weapon, and the Vulcan is an AV weapon, right? So you're essentially complaining about how your vehicle with weapons specialized for killing infantry gets destroyed by an enemy vehicle with a weapon specialized for destroying other vehicles, like Yours...

Rediculous indeed...
    • Up x 1
  16. Xae

[PSA] No one care about your Emo Crap.

Also, as a general rule everyone who tags threads with PSA gets added to ignore.
  17. ironeddie

Well ok but a 4350. My intel core 2 quad got me better fps than that AMD CPU. But I spent £104.98 on my FX 6350 and I get about what you get with your i5 except your i5 would cost me £165.78. So I've saved £60.80 on a CPU that produces the same results as your i5.
    Think I made the smart choice personally.

Edit: the link the AMD processor I have from the shop I bought it. http://www.dabs.com/products/amd-fx...core-processor-8NKH.html?q=AMD 6350 fx&src=16

The link to TeknoBug's i5 on a different website that I use for pc parts because the other site doesn't carry his model. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/inte...-s-dmi-650mhz-gpu-6mb-cache-33x-ratio-77w-ret just to prove I'm not making the prices up.
  18. LivesInNameOnly

why do you people feel the need to tell people that you quit? no one cares
    • Up x 1
  19. WookLordz

LOL. Wow, so your personal anecdote means you're right and I'm wrong? I didn't really think this information was that difficult to find. Also, I didn't say "AMD suckz." I said "inferior gaming CPU."

How about some actual science, if you have any to back up your claim?

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2012/benchmarks,140.html

Notice Intel CPUs straight up dominating all these benchmarks? So actually, please educate YOURSELF.

PS. I've been in the tech business for 18 years. I've owned plenty of AMD over the years. I just prefer to use the best I can justify nowadays.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/co...s/intel-vs-amd-which-processor-is-best-936589

Some more ridiculous AMD beatdowns for your enjoyment....
  20. WookLordz