Dear Waterson VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ({x})Kyoji, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ({x})Kyoji

What happened? I remember the VS being the most feared of the three factions and over the past few months it seems like we have fallen off our edge. Perhaps its due to lack of numbers in quality outfits or maybe there are too many smaller outfits or maybe we simply have a higher number of non-outfit players, but it seems like the VS is no longer at it's former glory. I remember being able to rely on others to defend something while we took something else. It feels like the server has been dumbed down. Even a few months back before the merges the VS were capable of fending off TR and NC when outnumbered 2:1. Now we struggle at 50/50. So what changed?
  2. Zombekas

Warpgates got rotated and TR has north at Indar.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tekuila

Nothing has changed. Just your perception.
  4. DaMann22

Before one of the GU gave suggestions to new players on what server to join we fought to stay alive. Now with the huge influx of new players almost immediately into our server, we have become cannon-fodder for the NC/TR. I have seen whole VS zergs get wiped off the map to smaller numbers because they didn't have a larger outfit leading the way.

I also think that the fourth faction heavily favors the TR. We will go from even pops at the start of the alert to nearly getting out-numbered 2:1.
  5. Brainpan

Well, it's been 10 months since the grand opening. Maybe a lot of players became disillusioned by Waterson's low VS population, joined other factions/servers, disliked other aspects of the game and left, found other games to play and left, or were kidnapped by the real Vanu to be used as pets.

I was in a fight at the Snowshear Watchtower earlier and it was a frantic battle that lasted for hours against the TR. The TR finally took the base without being able to capture A, but the VS just retreated, pounded the TR with artillery from the warpgate and Palos Solar Array and took back the watchtower in minutes and declared, "Come back here and try that again, you red jackholes!"

If Waterson had a larger VS population, I'm sure we'd be a bigger threat, but the NC and TR will grind us down due to attrition and greater numbers. We have to sleep sometime.
  6. DJPenguin

VS is/was the recommended faction since the feature came out. If i recall NC was recommended a couple days ago for the first time?
  7. EViLMinD

Hmm. Maybe there were some hacker bans. ZAPS won't be happy about that.