ACX-11

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJPenguin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. lilleAllan

Add to that terrible recoil and bullet velocity which means that you absolutely will get more hits when firing at moving targets at range with the merc and razor.
  2. Goretzu

Yup, it's like having a boat that melts in water. All I can think of is they struggled with it because of the Warden (which seems to suffer from some of the same problems - although in a slightly different way).

But at the very least the damage per clip could be buffed to be on par.
    • Up x 1
  3. Aegie

I think it is just that the devs from Beta saw how OP NC was originally and so they hit NC hard with early nerfs. Then of course there was flinch that needed fixing and I think everyone thought that would fix things. I think at the root of the problem is that think damage per shot is more potent a perk than it really is without realizing that high ROF has inherent advantages.
  4. DashRendar

Played with the ACX a little today since this discussion resparked my interest in it. Yeah it's not too bad a gun if you use a center screen dot and all, but it needs something. The mag size needs to be raised to 25 shots in mag, and just change the bullet damage to 250 per projectile to balance the extra shots.
  5. DJPenguin

I can't remember running out of both primary and secondary weapon ammo so frequently when using other gun setups. And this is with max ranked ammo belt. Enemy engineers not knowing how to drop ammo packs never helps either.
  6. Judgeratt

I think my biggest problem with calling the AC-X11 a "high damage" gun is that if you call that "high damage", all NC carbines are "high damage".

Different people experience the same weapon in different ways, and how well you click with a gun is the most important stat. That said, the evidence is clear that the gun under-performs in all areas, though it may under-perform less at 50-ish meters than it does elsewhere. I didn't touch on the problem of low mag size in my earlier post, but that's still a problem too. :p

Also, comparing the AC-X11 to the Pulsar or T5 might confuse the matter a bit. I think those two guns are much more like the Razor, and that the AC-X11 doesn't have counterparts in the other factions.
    • Up x 2
  7. DJPenguin

In every family there's always the one with "those" genes. That offspring was named the AC-X11.
    • Up x 2
  8. TerryTenMen

My god you have some bad aim at the start of the video. It made my eyes hurt so I had to turn it off. Were you trying to put people off using the gun???
  9. GetOutOfDodge

It was his 3-year old son. Then the real W0rthy took the keyboard and proceeded to rip off 15-20 straight kills.
  10. ShumaKun

I use this Carbine on my NC guy and I too think its kinda bad.
    First its low RoF weapon with 200 damage and because of that any guy running nano armor has upper hand in 1vs1
    Second 20 rounds mag is too small, gauss saw have 100, it too deal 200 damage and no one ever cried for nerf
    Lastly hipfire accuracy is just laughable
  11. Brayton

I love the ACX-11.

2x Scope, Advanced Front Grip.

I get plenty of kills, even with nanoweave involved.