Strikers and the numbers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Yetskii

Yeah but a vulcan harrasser will generally beat the vanguard....
  2. Midnightmare

And a NC Harasser with the Enforcer mostly kills the TR vulcan harasser. :p
    But in my experince a solid harasser driver in general out performs MBT maybe not as clear vs the Magrider since its more mobile than TR/NC MBT.
  3. Keiichi25

No.

I play all three factions, I hate players who are too **** to be playing the game and not knowing the difference between being a real player versus a player who puts their bias into a faction, ignoring the realities of each of the factions and then has the gall to assume when someone actually points out the points of the factions and the hardware... Act like a complete idiot and thinks I am purely for 'x faction'. This same crap happen in Planetside one, where I used an NC MAX because of my preference... And when it came down to pointing out things with regards to NC weapons, the same CRAP from other "dedicated" faction players spewing the same stupid, idiotic tripe like you.

Again... I have a BR61 NC, a BR 55 TR and a BR 51 VS, I play NC more than I play TR or my VS, but I play with the intention of giving the finger to the opponents I play against. I treat NC with as much contempt as I do the TR or VS when I play either TR or VS. And the same all around because some of the players I play with have as much Tactical sense and awareness of monkeys. Last night alone, I played VS against the TR, against players I play with when I am TR, for several hours and watch the fight go back and forth, even to the point the VS pushed the TR close to their warpgate, I was there at Indar Exe, Dahaka, J908 and even tried pushing to Crater Firing Range before we finally got pushed back.

This is not 'highly situational' as some people like to make it out to be. This is what happens on a regular basis and this is ME playing VS against TR and seeing it happening, even trying to FIND Striker fights and at most, seeing Decimators and Grounders being used more or the AV turret than the striker and blowing up heavies in an Fin Magrider or driving around in a lightning with Skyguard.

If anything, people need to get off their stupid high horse and actually take the time to play seriously and look seriously at how they are fighting. Right now, this is the serious problem with "forumside" is too many faction biased players who put crap on the board, making wild claims based on 'facts' that are complete and utter dribble and whenever a player like me put down how to actually DEAL with something... You all act like idiots.

This is the reason why balance doesn't always 'go your way'... A fair deal of you have literally no concept of the other side or the basics of the game beyond your little sandbox and your 'ideal' world.
  4. Keiichi25

Any Harasser team will beat a single manned MBT because the main gun is slow reloading and unless you are a decent gunner, you will miss a fair deal of the time on an agile vehicle.

Only harassers single manned or with a driver who doesn't pay attention to where he is driving or drives stupidly will lose to a Single Man MBT. And by driving stupidly, this includes driving in a straight line, stopping around enemy, or driving towards a tank directly instead of at an angle to make it harder to track them.

An MBT outfitted with an AV weapon (Vulcan, Saron, or Enforcer) will fair better against a harasser, but more so when double manned versus single manned, as a moving Tank makes it a bit harder for the Harasser and also not make the weaker point of the tank as 'exposed' to the harasser to take advantage of.
  5. Keiichi25

When I played with the Zoe, even I admitted that it was a bit overpowered when it first came out. When the Phoenix was first announced, I KNEW the problem with it was going to be the potential Infantry killing given how the current rocket launchers did allow for high damage hitting and knowing the past of the Phoenix in Planetside 1 and how we used it then and how it would be used.

Does the striker need to be tweaked? Yes. All lockon systems were pretty much f-ed time and time again. I even mentioned the one time the annihilator was 'overpowered' was due to their tracking Algorithm was set to 'intercept' which I patently said was not right for it, even though the iteration before that, it was craptastic before hand when Air griped about the G2As and Bursters being overpowered when they weren't nearly as much.

You believe all I care about is the 'easy mode' weapons. Ok... While we take out the striker and all the lockon weapons, let's take out the following while we are at it:

C4
    Underbarrel Grenade Launcher
    All tanks
    All Liberators
    All ESFs
    All Turrets
    All Sniper Rifles
    All Shotguns
    All MAX armor and their weapons
    All Launchers
    All Mines
    All Grenades

We should all be fighting with nothing but pistols and knives in this game.

Why?

C4 is too damn easy to blow up people, same with mines and grenades. Even with the resource limit, people will still toss them around with little danger to themselves.

Same with tanks - My kill streak was like 20+ people with the Magrider last night before I got taken out. Liberators and ESFs would be the same situation on infantry.

Sniper rifles are easy mode too. I mean, get a headshot means instant death and no repercussions for it.

Shotguns at close range - Easy mode death to other people.

Turret manning - Can kill infantry with a hit or hurt the hell out of them with near impunity.

Launchers - the classic quake style of killing people by spamming rockets all over the place.

Any explosives as well - No skill needed to toss grenades and saturating with explosives.

Yes, this whole thing sounds completely silly... Cause someone will say "I need to get close to drop C4", except others can do it without having to do it. "I can shoot back at tanks", except tanks can pull away and repair and continue the spam. "I actually have to HIT with the shotgun to kill, so it takes skill." Except we have auto-shotguns that refire reasonably fast to not really require that much skill to do so. "Explosives are limited by resources." Which can also be padded by spending resources not expended earlier or in the case of the underbarrel Grenade Launcher, just have an ammo pack and spam away.

But this is not how the game is... Just as the flyboys who want to have no problems in using their ESFs and Libs in general and say AA is OP on them, ignoring the fact it requires at least 2 to 3 infantry to take down ONE ESF focusing on that and even MORE to take out an ESF with just small arms fire, but perfectly fine if the ESF can take out 2 to 3 people with no skill or effort in doing so by spamming rocketpods or using the Explosive round Primary guns the side has... Or claiming that AA Bursters can take out planes without any problems from the 'safety' of the spawn room, yet time and time again we see that air and armor planted outside of a spawn room don't get taken out from the current spawnroom design to allow a push out or defense.

It begs the question here... If it was 'so easy' or 'easy mode'... WHY THE HELL DOESN'T IT HAPPEN MORE OFTEN?

Why is it, last night as VS, Outside of indar Excavation... The TR defending it, didn't spam the crap out of MY Magrider, or the various other vehicles with Strikers? Even knowing that smoke will only work once for 5 seconds and having to wait 25 to 45 seconds for the next smoke, and my vehicle getting blown up, by all things, being bushwhacked by a prowler and a harasser while at full health, behind the large outcropping of coral, not being hit by strikers at all?

How is it, that the 'easy mode' weapon, where I was killing not only infiltrators and engineers, but Heavies, and them only pot shotting with Decimators where I was literally, further out in range where the Striker, the easy mode, "Hey, 2500 damage!" weapon and being near the damn tower to get to a terminal to switch weapon, was never employed?

And that's the rub of it all... The 'easy mode' weapon you guys make out to be, with the number of vehicle kills and the number of fired shots and high 'score' value generates nothing more than fearmongering and myth making proportions and still ignores the fact that if you know how to DEAL with the weapon and look at the FACTS of the fighting where the TR often times relies on numbers as much as their weapons being "easy mode"...You find that the "easy mode" weapon doesn't help them much or prove your point.

Just as the Lancer won't seem like much because people treat it like crap, and the same with the Phoenix. A pilot wigs out about the phoenix 'blowing them out of the sky' and calls it OP... Yes... It's op... If you were an idiot pilot just hovering there and making yourself a target for a round... JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME.
  6. Keiichi25

As I tried to point out... If it were so... Why haven't the TR maintained control over most of the continents with the Air and Armor superiority they should have with the striker making it possible.

So far, I have been accused of being a TR only, wanting to keep my 'easy mode' weapon, and every mentioning of how to deal with a striker group as 'highly situational' despite the fact it happens more often than not, and citing, while playing NC or VS, taking TR territory where the advantage is CLEARLY for the TR (Indar Excavation from Quartz Ridge is mostly exposed and a good LOS against vehicles for a 500m with 800m tracking missiles).

Clearly, willingness to see where the TR having the advantage and NOT using the easy mode weapon is a clear indication of Air and Armor superiority... Even when last night, rolling in with tanks that can only come from Hvar (Being about 6 or 7 of them) and Sunderers and the TR having a convenient Tank rolling facility, Indar Exe shouldn't have fallen to the VS.... Twice... In a 3 hour period. >.>
  7. Keiichi25

Personally, when I saw the annihilator, I thought of it as being similar to the striker, except when I had the striker from Planetside one, the ability to dumbfire was key at times. I found the Annihilator to be useful, even after the nerfs, in comparison to having to pay 1400 sc (Or 2k certs) and trying to bounce between the two weapons. I even see that more after I did buy the ES G2G and G2A to see how well they worked for real combat situations, where my main focus was to make sure I have the 'short range' engagement fight covered, but when I was at Rust Mesa defending against the TR as an example, the constant bouncing in and out of the Spawn room to switch from 'I need G2A... Now I need G2G' to be more annoying for the situation, because of the constant need to flip and the short range game wasn't necessary a few times or when it was, the launcher would not be ideal. The Phoenix was also not ideal for the situation because I could not afford to stand exposed to try and guide a round nor hide in the spawn room with people going in and out a lot and it not being useful against air while more useful for ground attacks but having people running in front making it difficult in general.

When the striker was going to be announced, and knowing the history of the said weapons... I did mention I had hoped they would do something different with it and not make it a lockon weapon, but given the Striker was a lockon weapon in Planetside 1, and the idea of a fast firing, dumbfire weapon with a 'fast' round sounded like a bad idea too, due to the potential of it being abused on Infantry and making it a 'missile based' lancer.

The serious problem here is... I believe a fair deal of the players here don't understand the Faction 'Method of Operation'. In the original Planetside 1, TR's MoO was firepower by volume. It's over all DPS was higher than the other factions, however, its accuracy was not as great. TR hated their MoO, because per round, the damage was crap, and initially, the TR vehicles had 3 seats for the tank and buggy, which they bitterly complained about that because it required 'more people' to get the most DPS out of it. The NC was considered the 'newb conglomerate' because a lot of their weapons hit hard initially, but everyone focused on the fact that the shotgun faction got all the harder hitting toys (The Thunderer Deliverer variant had the 2 gauss cannons the Vanu wanted as well as the TR, the Jackhammer was considered the best heavy assault weapon that most NC ran around with, which wasn't true, the Vanguard was harder hitting and faster than the prowler and with more armor than the prowler.)

In this game, the NC has become the 'TR' with regards to the 'power' feel according to most people and the TR are the NC, where it is 'newbie friendly'.

People seem to ignore what the devs mentioned about the Prowler, where the lockdown on the tank with the AP was meant to be 'the longest range' out of the three. They are still sticking to having the 'higher DPS' of the factions, which means they will do more damage, but the proviso of 'hitting with everything.'. But as we can see here, people are focused on the 'doing the most damage' and ignoring the fact it still requires 'hitting with most of the shots' part..

The Striker is a clear evidence of this situation... People say 'It does 2500 damage', conveniently dropping the part of when it hits with all 5 rounds. Same with the 'goes through terrain' or 'goes through flares'... Again, ignoring the part that the TR sees as 'You didn't move for a while and I managed to get several rounds off while it was locked on'.
    • Up x 2
  8. Keiichi25

Just so you know... I played VS last night, fighting TR... From Quartz Ridge to Indar Excavation... You know that big, open area between those two places... And yea... Every TR was using the striker... Oh wait... No... Only a few were and we kicked them out of the tower and pushed to J908 before they pushed back with a large air contingent and us only putting up barely even a squad of defense against them.

So yes, the superior lockon weapon is used by 95% of them, which is actually not so much the case.
  9. Divinorium

First. Stop flooding. Answer multiple posts with only one.

All the others thing you have posted are ******** and were already answered in the thread so i'm not even going to bother.

But this one is just so stupid that i need to answer.
    Problem here is you have the higher damage with a low/non skill weapon.
    I'm ok with Prowler having more DPS then my Vanguard in the hands of a skilled player.
    I'm not okay with the Striker having more DPS in the hands of a player that never have played a FPS ever before and just threw 7 dollars in the game.
    As the Striker is right now the only skill that counts is the skill of the receiving player. Even a baby can grab a Striker and use it at it's full potential.
    The only thing that stop it is a skilled pilot/driver.
    Higher DPS should be dependable of your skill X the skill of the receiving end.
    Not by just the skill of the receiving.
  10. Kaktwox

This thread whining and crying for nerfs is more than a day old, I think someone should make ANOTHER thread and cry some more about the Striker.

This thread is a perfect example of why this community (specifically this forum) has such a bad name now.
  11. ShumaKun

I don't get soe devs, why striker is different case then annihilator. :/
    I have simple fix that don't mess all this sh*tty lock on code:
    Lets make striker similiar to fractures (just like devs did with vs) this will give something empire specific (dakka dumb fire)
    this will cut off striker lock on whine entirely and will give some option (new strike could have better dps then any other dumb fire in cost of exposure time to enemy, more velocity then standard dumbfires), it will not make lancer obsolete because it will have lower velocity and some projectile drop and it will involve some skill from players
  12. pomps

Its not whining and crying for a nerf, i havn't said one thing about the striker till now, im just fed up with it.
    Constant lock on spam making it impossible to be at all effective in a vehicle, no, impossible to get anywhere near the TR whorde on Miller.

Think i might take a break till its sorted, and ive played this game most nights since beta, but, had enough now!
  13. Larolyn

I never whined. I presented numbers. The numbers are interesting and have people talking.
  14. illgot

They do not get more exp kills as individuals. The numbers from Oracle show the striker way ahead of the other factions.
    T
    • Up x 1
  15. DxAdder

Do you really think that nerfing the striker will make that big a difference ?

People will just pull Skyguards and melt Air out of the skies.
  16. Goretzu

In that case they are just all around better.
  17. whitupiggu

Blow up a lightning and its gone. Kill a HA with a striker and its back 10 seconds later.
    • Up x 2
  18. variablez

nc and vs get to pull smoke, TR get to pull wtf they want
  19. Kortan

Jesus christ... Are you all seriously arguing over 37 ******* HOURS of data? (I know it's on 125 hours now)
    You cant debate over that, it's not enough data, plain and simple. Hell, it doesn't even show vehicles destroyed, so this 'Hurrrr striker OP nerf naow" whine is even more irrelevant.
    • Up x 2
  20. Kortan

Wanna know what was effective before and after the striker was released? Annihilator batteries...
    • Up x 2