What is the point in playing on Miller anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by S1eB, Aug 23, 2013.

1. S1eB

Seriously, what is the point if you are VS or NC? Nothing but a constant TR zerg everywhere you go. There is no point in even trying to win an alert and it's just no fun constantly being zerged.

I hope they bring server transfers sooner rather than later. I've invested too much time and money to simply give up on my character.
    • Up x 1
  2. Klondik3

Well if people start leaving the server because of population unbalance then they will likely cause the same unbalance on other server they join.

SOE can't force players to chose underpopulated faction, but what can be done is to increase XP gain for underpopulated factions and to increase spawn timer for a faction that has more than 33.3% of world population.
    • Up x 4
  3. freeze

server transfers are probably gonna kill off a lot of the servers, if not the whole game
    • Up x 3
  4. VSMars

What is the point of fighting in a video game anyway?

There is no point. You just fight because you like to fight.

For someone like me, as long as I get to fight, I will. It doesn't matter who the opposition is or how bad the odds are against me and my side. I'll never give up, never surrender, never lose courage or determination, never stop thinking up and trying out new ways to beat the opponent. I'll come back to the fight, time and time again, until at the end I'll run out of time itself.

Only then I'll stop. Not a second earlier.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

Stubboness if you're not TR. Easy-mode if you are TR.
    • Up x 6
  6. PutteFnask

Its all stacked against the underpop side. TR takes all the territory and thus will be able to spawn vehicles and MAXes once every resource cycle while the underpopped defending side has to wait several cycles.

When they announced underground tunnels for the defenders it did sound wonderful but the added tunnels just made it even easier to kill of defenders trying to reach the cap or gen points. Amp stations are a perfect example of how it shouldn't have been implemented.
    • Up x 1
  7. UberBonisseur

Miller is just sad.
    At least on the VS side, that how I feel it.

The big outfits we had from beta/launch that managed to hold Indar for 3 consecutive months are mostly gone, or lost 90% of their former players. Those who didn't massively recruit newcomers disappeared into thin air.
    Alerts have lost their interest. VS stopped caring.

Miller is suffering from serious player drops.
    Because we can only manage to get at most 3000 players at prime time, it usually goes like this:

Pops are 31% 35% 34%
    Indar is full 33/33/33
    Esamir is 27/40/28
    Amerish is a ghost town

Those 3-4% of initial difference are HUGE when two out of your three continents are less than a half/quarter full.
  8. Blazini

This game seems like its slowly dying
    • Up x 1
  9. IronWarrior

It's all good on the Terran side. :)
  10. eggy

We need conts to be lockable, for a short period to force people to fight.
    We need for the players to stop being *****.

Its the middle of the afternoon. Theres a massive fight on Indar involving all 3 factions global pops are all 2-3% within each other.

AN alert triggers to capture Esamir. Instantly VS pops starts to drop and TR goes up.

TR pretty much en-mass go to play on the alert continent and NOONE follows. Ill assume it was TR-locked, although I didnt check.

[IMG]

VS go to ghost cap amerish.
    [IMG]

NC spread there pop randomly across all 3 conts.

So NOONE gets a decent fight, everyone is either steamrolling or being steamrolled.

At the end of the alert TR have 10% more global pop than VS.
  11. Talurok

To post more threads about Miller maybe? C'mon, in your heart you knew someone was going to say it when you made the thread.
    • Up x 1
  12. Torok

Wait for the Striker fix / Fracture nerf coming next wednesday, Inb4 TR pop drops 2-4% on each Server :D
    • Up x 1
  13. variablez

most of the vanu players on miller seem to be low ranked newbs, I would estimate the TR generally have much higher ranked players.
  14. Scudmungus

Wait, hang on..

Didn't NC win last night's Bio-Lab Alert?

o_o

And to directly answer your question: To provide me with heads to hit, and to provide yourself oppertunities to hit my head.
  15. Pella

Here we go about Balance yet again.

TR are OP ect ect.
    • Up x 2
  16. ST0NEBRIDGE

Miller has sucked for a while imo, "Apparently" most of the PS1 vets left a long way back and until this new recommended server stuff for the lower populated ones the overall pop was god awful.

A big influx of new players is next to useless as probably only 10-20% of them are still here months after.

Roll on server transfers. Depending on performance issues i'm tempted to move to a US server, even at ridiculous times of the morning they're populated. On Miller at 3-4am i get shockingly high FPS's 140+ everywhere purely because it's derelict.

I already get handicapped for playing in the early hours, and excuse my wording but the overall SPM of players for that time of day on a couple of the EU servers must be god awful, including mine.

I watch streamers on Mattherson when they're playing at 3-9am (their time) and it's heaving with people. I know it's a hornets nest of a server but Waterson/Connery can't be far behind.
  17. Hatamoto

Miller is unplayable as VS ... its also not hitting the HIGH population mark anymore, so no more giganormous battles to look forward to even though you are being zerged by TR. Why the flying **** is everyone playing TR anyway? How about using an alt VS when you have 39% population? eh?
  18. PastalavistaBB

VS on Woodman is even stronger than TR on Miller. I don't see people whining about that. But there are server imbalances overall, I have to admit that.
  19. U Mad Bro?

Yes. And a few hours earlier VS won the capture all amp's alert. OP is full of s#it.
    • Up x 2
  20. GSZenith

there is no reason to play on TR as any faction anymore really, haven't played it myself for 4months apart from 10min checking if it has changed from looking @ spawn or being spawn camped.