[Video] The BEAST of the BIOLAB | an NC Max montage | Slug ammo discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moukassin, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Yes slugs are nice but feels lacking in accuracy. Like they are only useful with mattocks (I did some testing in VR).
  2. lilleAllan

abusing flak armor?

are you trying to be funny?
  3. Moukassin

yeah i use Flak armor 5, it allow me to survive 1 brick of C4 with a few health left.
  4. Hoki

No, maxes surviving C4 is not funny at all.
  5. ToothpasteEater

I'll just quote myself

+
    I think that's enough to convince you. Or do you need more?
    • Up x 2
  6. TheBlindFreak

Probably the same jack-*** who thought it was a good idea to give a max a damage AND movement buff.
    • Up x 3
  7. Hoki

I don't mean to hate but, a few health?

[IMG]
  8. Tekuila

Slugs are so awesome, if only people would wake up at use them.
    • Up x 1
  9. lilleAllan

It's the only smart MAX suit slot option for NC to use. I lol at kinetic armor noobs and i don't even max much.
  10. JonboyX

Just out of interest - what is the gripe about reloading with the shield.
    Not like you're using those box-y fingers to slot shells in, it's clearly an automated shunt feed.

Is it considered op for some reason? The shield only covers the front 90 degrees (45 left and 45 right) - so it's not like you're invulnerable.
    • Up x 1
  11. Flashtirade

My gripe is that you have to cert into slugs at a non-trivial price. TR and VS get that range by default, while it's a minimum 300 certs (150 per arm) to get that effectiveness at range for an NC max. Extended mags, which 1000 more certs (500 per arm), gets the NC max to competitive levels, while once again TR and VS get that by default. And this is excluding the costs of the weapons themselves.
    • Up x 3
  12. Midnightmare

well ummm TR max is just as useless beyond 50 meters as well.....unless as you mentioned use some 3000 points on a set of weapons thats still pretty pointless at range :p
    Only reason you would wanna be a TR max outside is..........fractures you might get lucky to kill a tank but your really better off playing HA then.
    So if i had to say a MAX that owns everything indoors in cqc sounds as a damn sweet deal to me seeing that the only place a MAX really is usable anyways.
  13. siddar

Aimbot video is usless. Explain what happens between sec 106 and 110 of video if it you weren't using a aimbot.

Person was behind you and not showing on mini map and you instantly turned to face him.

He was still able to C4 you inspite of your cheating.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vesanus

Wait, this is supposed to show how good slugs are? There is nothing here that either of the dual wielded best choice weapons for the other 2 factions couldn't do, and with a good amount less reloading.

This includes surviving the C4 death at about 1.10 seconds, when random CoF and ****** close range convergence conspire to make him miss over half a magazine on each arm on the Light Assault C4ing him on the jump pad platform. Both other faction MAXes would have made mincemeat out of him before he could detonate.
    • Up x 1
  15. Orpheus66

You get 50m with default weapons. NC gets, what...10m with slugs which is how many certs exactly? Then you have to deal with aiming because chances are you are going to miss. Missing in an NC MAX is HUGE when we only have 12 slugs total, and dont forget every miss is usually 2 rounds if you constantly double shoot. Which means you lose 20% of your ammo with a single missed shot...unless you spend 2.4k certs (i think it is 1.2k per weapon) for extended magazine in which case you have 20 rounds to shoot in which case each miss takes 10% of your ammo.

I would take your TR MAX and just spray and pray because atleast then you are offering suppression. At least then people will feel the need to take cover.

Again, there is no argument.
  16. MykeMichail

I stopped using slugs on my MAX because they are so random.

Yes... so random that I prefer buckshot over them.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tekuila

First off, not an aimbot that was video editing. Second off that's because of the oh so awesome max bug that makes your shots pass through people when they are close to you some times.
    • Up x 1
  18. ToothpasteEater

The main problem i see with NC MAX is mag size, everything else is just fine, that's how shotgun should work. Every other faction has 2.5x times carabin(TR/VS AI guns are carabins with big mag essentialy, as someone pointed out, can't remember his name) ammo in 250 c gun. 40*2,5=100 rounds for mutilator and 40*1,5=60 rounds for other TR AI guns. Cosmos has 30*2,5=75 rounds but other VS weapons get 5 additional rounds:30*1,5+5=50.

NC, on the other side has the same mag size as generic semi-auto 250 C shotgun ( they are quite similar in other stats BTW) and i don't understand it, if NC had at least 6*1,5=9 rounds by default i would be happy with that, then any MAX shotgun would be able to drop a MAX in one reload ( that's what any shotgun user should do to enemy with carabine at 0m). Then we'll get closer in AI capability of other MAXs ( you'll drop 9 enemies regardless of NW, but ability to tear MAX apart in 2,3 second is definetly worth that small downside).
    NC MAX will need some damage/accuracy tweaks to get balanced, damage can be nerfed and accuracy can be buffed to increase TTK agains MAXs.

P.S I'm too much offtopic. I don't get why does shotgun with three barrels fires one slug, that would be interesting to see MAX firing with 3 slugs( that pretty much defeats the purpose of slug ammo, but it can help with accuracy problem)
    • Up x 1
  19. Epic High Five

A note here:

The best gun arms to slug it up will always be "whichever ones you already have exmags for". The only REAL differences between our arms is one is full auto, one is 2 more in the mags, and the scatter/mattock are more viable between 30-50m than the others. IN THEORY the Mattocks are the best but tbqh people tear **** up at hilarious ranges with the Grinders all the time (Psykmoe is a good example of this) and even the Slugsaws (ThundaHawk does this in his videos pretty regularly)

Barring that, it's "only" 2100 certs to buy and fully kit out Grinders, making them the best option. The real benefit is that the deeper mags mean you can put off the exmags until last, unlike the other arms.

Good to see another slug warrior on these forums. Also I don't even think it's POSSIBLE to aimbot with slugs given their inherent inaccuracy. The general tactic is "put 20 rounds in the space around them and I need 3 to kill them", so it shouldn't be surprising that it rakes in kills even while skeet shooting LAs
    • Up x 2
  20. Purg

Then you're in luck. Throw Mutilators on your TR MAX and that's exactly what you have.