Striker owners, your opinion please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jube, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Zenanii

It's not so much the striker itself, but the lock-on mechanic is simply horrible. Extremely low skill floor/ceiling, monkeys throwing poop would be deeper game-play.
    • Up x 1
  2. Metallic123

It's a boring weapon which excels at what it does and ruins the vehicle game for 2/3 of the community. The concept is cool, shoot a bunch of weak missiles. But with lock on not only did the devs just render the annihilator completely useless for TR they promoted lockon play for ONE faction. Anni is still good but compared to the striker its a pure downgrade. Change the damage to 250 splash to 50 and increase the missile capacity to 10 and increase its fire rate slightly but make it purely dumbfire. Assuming an enemy doesn't have flak or NW it would take 4 direct hits to kill them. AKA it would be better to use your LMG for AI purposes.
    • Up x 1
  3. dragonwinds

I play NC but i would prefer if you had to keep an optic lock on them instead letting the missiles guide themselves maybe would still lock on for 3 seconds after the person flies or drives into cover, but lose guidance after 3 seconds of no optical lock on. so its not fire and forget but you have to keep looking at the target.
    • Up x 1
  4. CaligoIllioneus

That will apply to all lock on rockets in the ESF update.
  5. Jachim

Are you kidding me? The Striker is terrible against air. All they need to do to stop it is press 'X' and leave, like any smart ESF pilot would be doing anyway. Staying in an area too long with large amounts of infantry means death.
  6. Spartan101

This is perhaps the most common bug i see people complaining about, but here is my perspective from a striker user.

When i start locking on, you guys head for cover. i lock and fire the first rocket, you go into cover before it reaches you, missile is far enough down to follow you around the hill and hit. i fire second rocket, this rocket does a serpentine OVER the hill which is followed by the other rockets. Due to normal missile buggyness i assume you guys just rockets flying straight over you or even go through the wall, then hitting you where i see it curve over the hill to hit you. I assume its due to terrain avoidance, i loled the first time i saw it.

Lately though the striker goes crazy if you fire it after the enemy vehicle goes into cover and only already fired rockets do this sometimes. I've even eaten my own rockets (not killed, just damage), that's how crazy it goes.
  7. Takoita

I hope you didn't just mention the Pounder as a viable weapon.
  8. Unclematos7

It's clearly OP but I like killing people with it(especially ESFs) on my TR alt and immagine the rage they must feel about it.
  9. SpetV

The reason I hate TR, most of them are idiots and douchebags.
    Sorry, I don't want to spend 250 air resources just to leave my ESF getting destroyed by a no skill noob with an OP weapon. Nothing annoyis me more than a Striker locking me on while I'm dogfighting.
  10. Goretzu

The Striker is carried more generally though. VS and especially NC tend to have less AA availible at any given moment because of this.
  11. Unclematos7

Yup! And whenever I get my first kill in a battle I /yell Thank god for Strikers!
    And how do you think someone who spends 350 infantry resources or 300 vehicle resources for something that can only irritate you at best feels?
  12. Vixxing

Its not that easy to turn a Lib/Galaxy and after 1 flare your screwed...
  13. Elbryan

It's a direct upgrade to Annihilator.

Imo it was a mistake on SOE's part for making a launcher that doesn't have a different role from the other launchers (like VS and NC ES launchers do).

It could be nerfed to be no better than the Annihilator in which case TR basically doesn't have a ES launcher. Don't know how to fix SOE's mistake.

At the very least they should fix the bug where Striker projectile goes around terrain. While other lock-on launcher projectiles do it as well to some extent, Striker projectiles do it a lot more.

I'd love it if they completely redesigned the launchers to be completely different, yet useful in certain scenarios.
  14. axiom537

NC - Scat max - AI ONLY range <10m
    VS - ZOE - Increases ALL AA, AV & AI roles of the Max - Usable everywhere
    TR - Striker - AA & AV Lock-on - Range > 300+

Yeah that's really balanced. NC have a situational max that is great at under 10m (indoors only). While the VS have a max ability that improves its AI, AV and AA abilities and can be used everywhere and the TR have a lock - on weapon that gives them a 300m+ iron dome of AA & AV protection & deterrence.

I fail to see how you could consider this balance, but then I guess that is the problem. NC keep getting good situational weapons, while the VS & TR get good versatile weapons, that can be used in a tremendous variety of situations, all the while being upgrades to the closest common pool weapons that fill those same situations..

NC Phoenix - Very situational
    VS Lancer - Exceptionally Versatile
    TR Striker - Very Versatile -

NC Max - Shield - Somewhat situational - ONLY Defensive
    VS ZOE - Improves offensive ability of all max variations AA,AI,AV - versatile
    TR Striker - Improves Offensive ability of all Max variations AA,AI,AV - somewhat versatile (only because movement is temporarily restricted)

Unique & fun to use is all well and good, but it doesn't kill the enemy at the end of the day...
  15. SpetV

Infantry is free and it doesn't have a 5-15 minutes respawn cooldown. T2 Striker costs 1000 certs, so does a good weapon for any vehicle, also some vehicles have 2 weapons or more like ESF, libs, galaxies and tanks so it might be more than 2000 certs. I don't mind the vehicles because this is Planetside 2 not Infantryside 2. If you think this is an infantry only game go and play CoD, no one wants you here.
    Striker is OP and it deserves a nerf and a fix for the bug when it ignore flares and terrain. If VS had a weapon that's bugged and would go trough terrain, I wouldn't use it until it's fixed, I don't need to abuse bugs and OP weapons to kill someone, I'm not a noob.
    Also let me add that I don't shoot after infantry with my ESF if there are vehicles in the area, farming infantry with photon pods is boring and easy, I just want to dogfight, but every time I'm in the middle of a dogfight and idiot has to come and shoot with the T2 Striker.
  16. axiom537

And once you leave camera mode the Phoenix does a nose dive into the ground with in a few meters. If it had a dumbfire mode that had the same flight characteristics and range of a decimator, then I doubt you would hear any complaints from the NC, but it doesn't and you do not know what you are talking about.

Yes it reloads in 5.2 sec after you exit camera mode, So basically if you are hitting a target at 250m when you add flight time + reload speed it has a rate of fire almost twice that of the decimator.

Before you tell someone to learn their tools maybe you should learn what you are talking about first. I am more the familiar with the Phoenix as well as all of the other AV weapons, because I own them all and use them all and not just in VR.
  17. Mxiter

I only spended 6 hours with the phoenix on the hands. Maybe it's not enouth to have a clear view of a weapons?
    1300+ shots with 44% accuracy in live batte looks arn't enouth to judge a rocket launcher ?
    It's still more representative than your poor 32 shot if you're this guy:
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618039653249

I don't know, some people just used the striker in a 30min trial, just met 1 vehicle, fire 1 or 2 slavos and think it's enouth to judge it...:D .
  18. Mxiter

32 kills i mean. (Edit don't works)
  19. axiom537

Yes that is one of my characters and yes that is exactly how much use I needed to realize that the weapon was extremely situational and with its slow speed, slow fire rate and limited range and maneuverability, it wasn't my cup of tea and really offered no advantage over the decimator or annihilator. I didn't need to waste 6 hours, 1300+ shots w/ only a 44% accuracy to come to that conclusions, considering I have 1300+ shots w/ the decimator and I am 61% accurate.
  20. veselie

In my opinion striker is op because the green lock on square remains enabled even when the target get's to cover. And they should reduce the number of rockets from 5 to 4.