Does anyone use 6x scopes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Pikachu

All I hear is praise for the 2x scopes. I have not found 6x much useful. I dont mean sniper rifles.
  2. SpetV

Depends on what weapon, for bolt action snipers I'm using 12x for big distance and the normal scope for medium.
  3. Zerran

On weapons where I've got a choice between 3.4/4x and 6x for long distance, I'll take the 3.4/4 any day due to no sway. On snipers, the 6x is fine for medium range sniping, but I generally like the 8x more for that. Just personal preference.

The 6x is just in the awkward position of not giving really great zoom, but still having sway. Just one more reason I think they should just put sway on every sight/scope. (Preferably also fixing it to be a little more realistic and less drunken)
  4. Pikachu

They could make the sway scale with the zoom also.
  5. AtheistPeace

I use 4x on the Reaper DMR, didn't like 6x that much, to much recoil and you have to one shot it.
  6. Vaphell

isnt that the case already? I think there is one sway but the scope magnifies the movement
    I use SAS-R 4x for some time and when i needed longshot 10x for a minute i was like oh **** how this thing bounces o_O
  7. DJPenguin

I gave it a run on the acx-11.. ya know that "long-ranged" carbine? junk. then i went back to ironsights as i do with every weapon and noticed a considerable increase in success.
  8. lilleAllan

In my experience most NC weapons are hard to use with higher magnification.

Something like the Pulsar C or Corvus can easily keep on target with a 4x scope, but NC weapons get too jumpy for me at the distances where these scopes are actually useful. Don't know if it has something to do with more recoil pr shot or whatever.

On the Gauss SAW, the mother of long range LMG's I perform better with iron sights than tactieye when not single shotting. Same goes fo Gauss Rifle or most NC weapons really. And it's a shame because I'd love to run magnification sights on most weapons.
  9. Konfuzfanten

This. ohh and sway at 6x also makes its more or less pointless. And how fights at that range with an LMG?
    • Up x 1