Is the MSW-R worth it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bobaflay, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Bobaflay

Is the MSW-R worth it? How is it to the T9 CARV. I saw it cost 100 certs so Im not sure its good.
  2. Drasilov

Been using it a while - cant see it makes much difference tbh. Maybe a bit less recoil. At 100 certs its cheap anyway if you fancy a change.
  3. Bobaflay

ok
  4. Spude

CARV is The best weapon for HA, after you get auraxium for it and want some challenge then use other HA weapons.
  5. Van Dax

The MSW-R is essentially the same as the VS Orion with more attachments and no a regular aim move speed (.5 instead of a .75)
  6. joe smo

I use mine for CQC, like it was intended for, with the advance laser sight on it. However from my understanding and experience the MSW-R can be a good general purpose gun if you do not like the T9 CARV.
  7. Elbryan

CARV is the best overall weapon, but if you want a slightly better gun for close quarters, go with MSW-R.

MSW-R is slightly worse for medium range and noticeably worse for longer ranges (then again, CARV isn't that great for long range either).

I'm loving my MSW-R and think it's very much worth it. Most fights take place in close quarters anyway.
  8. Crayv

Does the CARV still have that horrible weapon switch penalty? If it still does that alone makes it worth getting the MSW. I have been killed so many times where I would shoot at a tank and the driver would pop out and kill me before I could even fire a shot with the CARV.

I also like the MSWs faster reload as most of the time with the CARV I would reload before I would have less than 50 rounds in the magazine. Also the MSW can have soft point ammo and an adv laser sight.

The MSW isn't great at long range but then again neither is the CARV due to its beyond terrible horizontal recoil, so you might as well get the one that is better at close range.
  9. Kronic

It's an upgraded Carv. Better in almost every way if you ask me. Has an advanced laser sight for CQC and it has a better recoil pattern making it better at longer ranges.
  10. MajorZbug

It has exactly the same DPS as the CARV (i.e the best DPS of any TR LMG), with better hipfire accuracy, better ADS move accuracy, advanced laser available, less vertical recoil (horizontal is the same), and a much much quicker reload at the cost of a much shorter magazine.

In other words it's a huge improvement over the CARV for only 100 certs. For longer ranges (where the CARV is also terrible) you will want a T16 Rhino or better, a TMG-50.

For all intents and purposes the MSW-R behaves like an assault rifle, or if you like, a T1 cycler with 10 extra bullets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  11. Zotamedu

This will be the next gun I buy after I get Auraxium medal for my CARV-S.