Striker owners, your opinion please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jube, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sen7rygun

2. Dbstpgmr

I made a video regarding the Striker a while ago. It's lock on feature is fine in my opinion (Im NC), what I dont like about it is that its rockets ignore proximity and cover. I've had them connect with me when they explode literally 20-30 meters behind me or above me, and they will go directly through any cover more often than not, and I dont mean a tiny corner where we barely made cover, I mean entire mountainsides. Check the video below, you can plainly see that all 5 rockets go directly into the mountainside about 40 meters away from us, then shortly after detonate right on us, and then we in another instance use a different hillside for cover and the rockets obviously miss (watch their exhaust trail) and explode WAY above us but connect for full damage.

They should keep the lock on feature, but their interaction with props/terrain should be fixed.

3. Phazaar

Imho until they change the Phoenix range (either guided passed 300m or at least dumbfire from there out), there's no reason for the Striker to work outside this range, nor the Lancer. Just sayin' ;)
  4. axiom537

The strength of the striker is not so much the damage, that it puts out, but that it is an extremely effective vehicle area deterant weapon. It doesn't matter if it is only 1 striker or 10 striker users, the player in the vehicle has no way to determine the threat level or location and ALWAYS needs to respond and adjust their plans once they begin getting locked on.

You either pop your smoke or flairs, and spend the next 5 seconds firing at whatever you wanted to fire out, before you need to find cover to break the lock, Or you simply immediately begin to evade and look for cover. The fact of the matter is that the striker was able to get you to change your direction or target or just simply forces you to back off, just by the mere fact that it was locking onto your vehicle.

The striker is really no different then the pre-nerf annihilator. If the pre-nerf common pool annihilator was deemed OP, How do you justify giving, one faction a different weapon that is all but the same as another that was previously deemed OP, even when it was common to all three factions.

Now, If the TR continue to argue, that there is no issue with the striker, then there should be no argument that both the common pool Air and ground specific lock-ons should be buffed, so that the are slightly better then the striker, since they are more specialized and only can hit Air or ground targets not both.
  5. DramaticExit

It would be against air.
  6. axiom537

What Drawbacks are there? it is a straight up upgrade to the annihilator.

As for not buying the decimator if you own the Phoenix, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Phoenix is EXTREMELY Situational, where as the Decimator is the all-a-round go to weapon. It hits much harder, has a faster rate of fire, has range, can be fired on the move and pretty much works in every situation.
  7. Dbstpgmr

See my previous reply to this thread. It will debunk your thoughts on it's effectiveness when the target is behind cover. And my gameplay has altered a bit as a result of the striker as well. If we get tagged by a striker now, we do one of two things, if the HA is just camping in his/her spawn room, we bail and find a fight, if he/she is in the battlefield, we make it a priority kill.
  8. Dbstpgmr

I was just saying this lastnight while chatting with a buddy about the new launchers. Extending the Phoenix range or shortening the strikers range, one of these needs to be done.
  9. Hathunter

Kind of funny how the TR is the sole side that has weapons which are outright upgrades in comparison to some other weapons.

Striker > Annihilator
    Fracture > Pounder

I kind of recall everything being advertised as sidegrades. How this still remains is baffling.
    Hopefully one day the Striker will be remade into something more fun with different utility. It's such a boring weapon right now.
    • Up x 2
  10. IronWarrior

Striker is fine just like any other faction weapon is fine.
  11. Typhoeus

As is I don't believe the striker is any more OP then the lancer is but laser guided sucks. No thanks. Although I'd be happy if they made it dumbfire only. Then we could use em vs zoe max's, the real threat! ^^
  12. IronWarrior

Would still miss them, they still move too fast.
    • Up x 2
  13. ent|ty

Lower the resource cost for me to pull my AA MAX, that used to deal with enemy air, and in some cases enemy tanks, then you can perhaps nerf The Striker.

Otherwise, it is currently my only way to scare and destroy air units that would otherwise go unchallenged.

That being said, the striker is not a OHK; some rockets still miss. The Striker is mostly effective from high ground with less obstructions. If you're not on a hill, you will lose a lock with all the trees, rocks and spike obstructions in the way, and if you do get a lock, a few rockets willl be blocked.

The STriker could use some tweaking in the way that it fires rockets. Obviously it should not shoot rockets out at 90degrees from where you're pointing.

Other than that, I think its fine.

The Nemesis for the VS only shoots 1 rocket, but it hits harder that the Striker, and has a relatively short reload, lock time as well.
    The NS Annihilator? hits harder and hits air and vehicle,, hits hard too, but has a longer lock on time and reload.

I dont think the Striker is OP at all.
    I think it has a niche that fulfills its role... shooting multiple less damage rockets at fast moving vehicles and air units.
  14. Mxiter

The striker have slower ROF than anni and i agree that it needs some tweaks.

What the deci does, the phoenix can doe it by firing and quitting the camera mode instantly by pressing "E" (default button to leave aircrafts).

It have a faster reload than the deci (5.2 instead of 5.7), hits as well agaisnt ground vehicles (wich have 2.62 damages multipliers agaisnt phoenix), the pheoenix is more accurate at range by being camera guided.
    Fire on hte move can be done by leaving the camera mode withe the "E" tooltip almost instantly (0.5 sec stopped if you're quick enouth).

Lean to know and to use your tools before whining on forumside please.
  15. Cryless

it goes this way:
    nc - scat max
    vs - zoe
    tr - striker
    and there you have it. all the empires are balanced!
  16. Jube

I never said the Striker should work outside 300m. I in fact said that the rockets should lose guidance at 300m. the length of the wire.
  17. LowTechKiller

Yes, the Striker needs tweaking.
    Since I can't dumbfire it against infantry and MAXes, my Striker needs an under-barrel Fracture attachment to balance it out a bit.

Thanks for asking.
  18. illgot

why, in previous changes to other factions, especially the VS, the devs like making sweeping changes to 3-4 different elements in their attempt to "balance" a single item or ability.

Single changes and watching how they impact game play is smart, but not what the devs like to do.
  19. Astealoth

i say make the per rocket damage of the striker something like 300 so it is closer to the annihilator in per reload damage
  20. Phazaar

Nope. They should disappear, until the Phoenix rockets get the same post-300m treatment :) Don't mean to be a dick about it, but it needed to be pointed out that you're asking for a mechanic the Phoenix was promised months ago and is still not even on the drawing board...