Make the Annihilator an Anti-Lockon Weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by axiom537, Aug 15, 2013.

1. axiom537

I think the best solution to lock-on weapons would be to allow them to lock-on to each other. I Would love to pull out my annihilator lock-on to a TR striker and send a lock-on rocket right into their face. It would be divine justice...
    • Up x 1
  2. KAHR-Alpha

What about whining in the existing Striker threads?
    • Up x 1
  3. PieBringer

Lockons that lock on to infantry instead of vehicles? Splendid idea, good sir!
  4. oherror

Really i mean really wtf.
  5. ReformerTR

I'm getting the impression people don't like the Striker.
    • Up x 3
  6. LT_Latency

As long as we can blow up any vehicle with a single shot
  7. axiom537

No we would need some semblance of balance. The Anti-lock on Annihilator will only lock onto other infantry based lock-on weapons. So if you get with in 700m of a HA using a lock-on weapons, you would be able to point your annihilator in that general direction, wait a few seconds for the green light and fire a rocket to smash into their face.
  8. CrashB111

Strikers been getting you recently for not using flares I take it?

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. axiom537

No, this would be useful against he NC and TR as well, when they use their Anti-Armor and Anti-Air lock on launchers as well.
  10. MrMurdok

This is a pretty neat idea, actually, kind of like Anti Radar missiles in real life, that can lock on to active radar systems using the signal that the radar stations are producing.

Have the Anni only lock on to infantry units who are actively using their lock-on weapons (as in, having the weapon out and aiming at a target)

Wow, yeah, it's awesome!
  11. Tommyp2006

Why not just keep the annihilator as it is now, but give it a very short lock on time and fast reload, so that it's low damage is compensated for?
  12. LowTechKiller

It's an interesting idea, and I think it would be fun. However, since infantry don't render more than about 300 meters out, the range of your wild weasel would have to be much shorter than 700 meters.
    Plus, since the lock-ons are only active for a few seconds, you'll need to make it a Lancer-like weapon with near instant impact. Otherwise in most cases, I think you'd lose lock before you could fire.
    Good idea though.
  13. LT_Latency

Well a assume that is going to lock on and kill me in one hit. So mine better do the same to my target
  14. axiom537

Not necessary, lock-on launchers cost no resources and you will be able to easily evade it by throwing out a smoke grenade or you can just sprint away behind an obstruction, also if you cert into flak armor then it won't be a one hit kill.

Also this launcher will only track other lock-on launchers. Unlike the other lock-on launchers, which can be used against both Air and ground vehicles and some cases also dumb fired.
  15. zib1911

/yawn

16. FABIIK

Would the Anni be able to lock on another Anni ?
  17. Kaale

As a striker weilding HA I don't see a problem with an anti-Lock-on Rocket that would lock onto anyone who is Wire/Camera guiding damage charging or locking on themselves.
    If HA uses a lock-on to remove a single threat not a problem if a bunch of them are taking up a high point then an infantry response works also may stop people moaning about AV Mana turrets.
    If lock is lost once in the air rocket just continues to fixed point. Requiring shoot and move not just spam rockets from a hill.
    Of course medic would just res them so some splash damage is needed as a bigger deterrent.
  18. Kaale

Basic Idea could work well
    if only you hadn't made this an I don't like the Striker thread.
  19. MarioO

So, how about we all only play HA using the Annihilator and only lock on to each other? Would be fun, wouldn't it?

And seriously, just rework the damn Striker. It's a stronger Annihilator, wow, just amazing! A Squad of Annihilator users or Striker users, there is no difference.
    How about the Striker being the weapon only able to lock to other lock ons ;)? It would be unique. Not that it's a good idea, just sayin' it would be unique.

Even more seriously (this one was already suggested some time ago):
    introduce a support vehicle, an ACM Vehicle that prevents any lock ons to an area around it. To balance it, make that no one can lock on from outside that area to the inside, but if you're inside the ACM radius you can use lock on weapons normally. So this Vehicle would only protect tanks from lock ons from outside the rendering range.
  20. non7top

And I want strikers to lock on turrets just like they used to. To more easily kill those fraktard av-turret abusers. And I want' them to behave the same as annihilators and have longer range and persistent lock-on.
    • Up x 1