F.lux on PS2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Daswen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Daswen

Hey guys, I m back on PS2, and have a new screen, that give me eyestrain. So I'm actually trying F.lux, and it won't works on PS2, though it works on my others games.

Any F.lux users around to help me?
  2. TownCryer8

I use it for normal use but not for gaming..the tint ruins the visuals.
  3. Daswen

Thanks for answering me Town.

But my new led is too bright, I am coming from an LCD, and now I got headaches, my eyes are dry and my vision is blurry.

So, i guess I need a pair of gamer glasses...

Edit : I tried to set it right, but I can't prevent it to hurt my eyes.
  4. TownCryer8

Well turn down the brightness or contrast of your new monitor. There are guides on how to to properly set up your brightness and contrast levels on the internet. Try those, and if they still don't help you may have to consider those gamer glasses. Good Luck.
  5. baka

Double post when the forums just burped!
  6. baka

Thanks for mentioning F.Lux - I may find uses for that with clients.

Have you had an eye exam recently and asked your optometrist about a computer prescription? I had mine done and have a set of glasses here at work which are bifocals (lower part is normal reading, upper is focused for about 24 inches) and a set at home which are just the 24 inch prescription - I wear them for my computer only.

The Gunnar optik (http://shop.gunnars.com/computer-eyewear/l/100) are nice if you do not wear glasses. They are not heavily tinted and might help. Price is not too bad (around $80) considering they are appealing to 'gamers'. You can get them done in your prescription as well, but the price goes up (past $300 possible). Eshcenbach (http://www.eschenbach.com/products-absorptive-filters-wellness-protect-eyewear.htm) makes some that can be worn over prescription eyewear, your optometrist will know about those.

If you go to an office supply store (Staples, Office Depot and the like), you should be able to find an eyewear rack with will have a variety of computer glasses you can test out. Some are clipon sunglass style, some are just eyewear. Not sure of the price range but maybe you can put some on and give them a run at one of their machines on display.
  7. Brainwayne

Hey, i hope my comment will not get bashed by everyone - i don't mean to be the wiseguy but to help:

Maybe you can also try to train your eyes by exercise specific focusing. I've heard about some cases where people actually have managed to improve their eyesight by (and this now may sound funny) concentrate and using "willpower" to focus objects in different distances by exercise it every day a little bit.

Some info here